Regigigas

Discussion in 'UG Deck Garage' started by Jesse, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jesse

Jesse New Member

I live FL and the meta is full of SP and GenPlume with varying degrees of Gyarados; I've only seen two people play Machamp with little success at the four CC I have gone to. I've been toying with Regigigas for the last few weeks and have considered playing it, due to it's (as far as I perceive) positive match ups against SP and Gyarados. It obliviously has a hard time with Gengar, so I've work out a list that I feel some what compensates for that. Here's the list.

3-1 Regigigas (2 drag off 1 recover mechanism)
    1-1 Dialga G
    1 Skunktank G
    2-1 Uxie
    2 Mespirit
    1 Azelf
    1 Giratina (let loose)
    1 Unown Q

2 Expert Belt
    3 Junk Arm
    1 Luxury Ball
    3 Pokemon Rescue
    1 Premier Ball
    4 SSU
    1 Vs Seeker

2 Bebe's
    2 Engineer's Adjustments
    1 Judge
    4 Pokemon Collector
    2 Twins

3 Ruins Of Alph

3 Fighting
    3 Metal
    3 Water
    4 Double Colorless
    3 Warp

I've been going back and forth between 2 twins and 3 ruins, I feel more ruins is better to have a better chance to keep up on the stadium war. I've also been going between 3-1 Uxie with no luxury ball and 2-1 with one, since Machamp isn't very prevalent in my meta I think the lux ball is a better call.

A stronger recover mechanism line seems like a better call but gigiga blaster + poison KOs gengar by poison getting around and a belted Giga hammer dose the same, being poisoned prevents me from sacing but, it beats being Ko'd on a coin flip.

All in all I'm not quite sure I fell confident about the deck, My testing results have been ok and I'm also worried about losing matches due to time. I have no experience with the deck and have never played against it at a tournament. Any thoughts are appreciated.