Ruby & Sapphire Remakes Announced

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by InfinityMinusOne, May 7, 2014.

1. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Nothing besides cover art and names so far, but it's official:

2. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

All those RS Remakes jokes/memes, all those doubters, do you see them now? I didn't think so.

HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED FOR REALZ THIS TIME! :D
    tonenkyra, HighShroomish and Gelato like this.
  3. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

...after thinking about it for a moment, while I know it won't happen (I don't recall the "third game" ever getting a remake), it would be hilarious to the TCG community to see Delta Emerald, just for all the jokes about "Delta" Pokémon (...not actual Pokémon delta in the video games, of course).
  4. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

I'm ok with any excuse to bring back Delta Species to the TCG :p
    StrongRhino, Phoenix15, PP101 and 2 others like this.
  5. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
  6. HEZ

HEZ Active Member

YEAH!
    I'd just be happy to see the 3rd gen design team come back to the TCG with the 3rd gen remakes.
    A guy can dream...
    StrongRhino, tonenkyra, Otaku and 2 others like this.
  7. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

I'm calling it now - we get Berries as held items again, Mega Absol, and a Team Magma/Aqua expansion for the TCG.
    Phoenix15 and Otaku like this.
  8. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

I'd actually be perfectly ok with that...
  9. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Held Items were a great idea for the TCG but poorly implemented and rarely affected gameplay.

If they cut down on the ridiculous amount of surfing in R/S and brought back day/night I would be happy. It would be nice if the evil teams weren't so stupid and Wally was less of an annoying little wuss.

Also, they can get rid of those stupid secret base things. Seriously, I want to catch and battle Pokemon, not spend time buying furniture and dolls.
    onlyinAMERICA likes this.
  10. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

We should get some new Mega Pokemon in these games.
  11. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Two of those three things would be awesome. Berries just don't do it for me though.
  12. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

I'm gonna disagree. Secret Bases were AWESOME.

Also Held Items are essentially Tools now. So I can see them bringing them back like that.
  13. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Back in the DP era (NOT the RS one, funnily enough), they were more like mini Powers/Abilities

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. InfinityMinusOne

Tbh, I didn't mind the amount of surfing in R/S/E. It was the ridiculous spawn rates of Pokemon while surfing =P. If they changed that, then I wouldn't mind it quite as much.
    HighShroomish and Gelato like this.
  15. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Pretty sure that was Sinnoh, not Kanto. But yes, it was fairly silly.
  16. InfinityMinusOne

You're thinking of the underground bases from D/P/P. B_M was referring to the secret bases that could be created using Secret Power on different features in the terrain in R/S/E. They were the precursors to the bases in D/P/P.
  17. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Heh, this is why I don't comment on VG...
  18. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Hmm... if Team Aqua and Team Magma did make a comeback, I wouldn't mind some "revising" of their schemes. As I understood them (bring back ancient legendary Pokémon, make planet all covered in earth/water) they seemed to have some massive holes.

Then again, that was around the time I just stopped paying attention to the story in the games and the cartoon, so I probably missed something. Creating your own landmass in the middle of some ocean (without paving over the entire planet) actually makes for an interesting indirect weapon (displaced water flooding coastlines) plus (for whatever other faults the film had) Lex Luthor was totally right about the value of land.

If Kyogre could create freshwater, weaponized flooding is still a thing, but that is an amazing resource to have (unless other Pokémon can do it as well).
  19. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

Well if you haven't noticed all water type Pokemon just vomit up water by the gallons so I guess they all can do it. :p
  20. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I always assumed there was a reason trainers don't just drink from the fountains of their pokemon's attacks. I always assumed that water attacks worked like ground attacks and solarbeam does in the show. You have to manipulate something in order to use it. If a pokemon can absorb enough sunlight to concentrate into a explosive beam, then it's just as conceivable that they can absorb the moisture/air/hydrogen around them at a similar rate turning it to pressurized liquid of any temperature seen fit.

I don't think it just sits in them and flows out on command.

But Kyogre and Groudon can influence the atmosphere at will and bring about 2 resources in abundance. It does make more sense to war over control of that.
    Phoenix15 and Otaku like this.