Ruby & Sapphire Remakes Announced

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by InfinityMinusOne, May 7, 2014.

1. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Don't question, Pokemon does weird things.
  2. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Lets not post dumb theories please,
  3. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

After playing Emerald some more, Surfing isnt that bad. Sure, surfing to pacifigilog (Or that log town) is long. But after you visit the places, just fly there. Also sky pillar is easier than I remembered.
  4. MetalArmedAngel

surfing to get the regi's is a giant pain in the a$$ tho..... you literally NEED a guide if you don't want to spend hours in all dat salt
  5. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

And then you need to know the sekrit codes to open the doors.
  6. MetalArmedAngel

Which is why you need a guide
  7. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Just part of Pokemon's plan to make you spend more money on things. Buying a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald guide at GameStop... (for those who didn't understand the Internet well enough as kids).
    MetalArmedAngel likes this.
  8. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Yay! Guides!

Good strategy guides were awesome. Its almost a lost art nowadays. >.> From the Mid-80's to about the early 00's, Strategy guides were this wonderful thing, at least if they were properly made. Not everyone had unlimited video game time or (in all honesty) the skill/talent to get though some challenges on their own (at least before the game stopped being "fun"). Granted, I was just impatient. ;)

Since this post is already a bit... strange, I'll still take this moment for advocating fusing earlier regions together. I mean, much like Eeveelutions, it feels like its taking too long with the remakes. I probably should be grateful that every generation Pokémon doesn't milk the franchise with an update for all but the most recent two generations but it really hit me with this set of remakes how long its been: this year marks the 10 year anniversary for the Fire Red and Leaf Green! @_@

Granted I am odd; my biggest gripe with the video games has been how, in my opinion, they skimp on what seems like almost simple "improvements" to game play. Instead of prettier graphics and even some of the new mechanics that I do enjoy, I'd have just loved to see expanded regions including how Gold/Silver/Crystal made sure to include the Kanto region from the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow games, even in some areas weren't accessible or fleshed out (and in some cases that made sense since it was supposed to take place after the original Gen I games).

Maybe in another five years or so when the Gen IV remakes are out, they'll finally unify Japan and actually have the games show us what is happening to Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. I know the games claimed they were "far away", but I am not saying I want to go all Wind Waker and have to Surf to them; taking a ship or plane in game and treating them as different "regions" is just fine.
    tonenkyra and HighShroomish like this.
  9. Hurrmaadurr

Hurrmaadurr Is blasting off again

I'm just hoping they make the legendary exs in upcoming or/as sets good, maybe with the regis reprint regices regimove or something
    Otaku likes this.
  10. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

So assuming the R/S "remakes" come out at the end of this year, when do they get their card sets? It's still so early in XY, but I can't imagine them just skipping R/S. Then there is the possibility of Pokemon Z.
  11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I'm just hoping they kill EXs altogether.

OR/AS sets ought to be February, if we get them.

Japan-
    June: XY3
    September: XY4
    December: ORAS1

International:
    August: XY3
    November: XY4
    February: ORAS1

Is how it should work.
  12. Hurrmaadurr

Seeing as xy was like that I think we would see it feb
  13. Phoenix15

Phoenix15 I Flew Into a Burning Ring Of Fire...

^ what are OR/AS sets?
  14. Hurrmaadurr

Omega ruby/ alpha sapphire
    Phoenix15 likes this.
  15. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

They're coming out in November. I think OR/AS should have exs, not EXs...
  16. Phoenix15

Phoenix15 I Flew Into a Burning Ring Of Fire...

What is the difference?
  17. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

How about neither
    Otaku likes this.
  18. PokemonGeek

Nope, I like the old ex Pokemon. Seeing as they were in the old R/S sets, I see no reason why they shouldn't be in the OR/AS sets
  19. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

I think we would be perfectly fine without EX's.
  20. PokemonGeek

The difference is exe weren't Basic, they were whatever stage their normal form was. For example, Flareon ex was a Stage 1, but Flareon EX would be a Basic[DOUBLEPOST=1401122287][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Meh, we all have our opinions…
    200th post btw