Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold~♪

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Gelatin, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Brainstorming a bit for a Lugia EX/Ho-oh EX deck since BW8 is still 5 months away whereas Plasma Storm could be as early as mid-January.

-Pokemon
    4 Lugia EX
    2 Ho-oh EX
    1 Tornadus EX
    1 Sigilyph DRX
    1 Terrakion NVI
    1 Bouffalant DRX

-Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy
    4 Plasma Energy
    3 Fighting
    2 Psychic
    2 Dark

-Supporter
    4 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Bianca
    2 Skyla

-Items
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Plasma Ball
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Energy Switch
    3 Colress Machine
    3 Switch
    1 Scramble Switch [ACE SPEC]

-Stadiums
    2 Aspertia City Gym

The problem I'm having is trying to fit everything that I wanted to get this going. I wouldn't mind fitting another Ho-oh EX, another Colress Machine and/or another Plasma Ball (given we do get it in Plasma Storm) but I don't know what else to cut. I also feel like my basic energy count is dangerously low to use Rebirth effectively. Maybe having Ho-oh as energy acceleration is making this deck too busy?

I don't know. I just wanted to make a Gold and Silver themed deck.
  2. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

This seems like a cool idea. I'm really sorry, though, that I don't know how to address your problems. Maybe Ho-oh isn't the best idea here, but I'm sure it can work. Maybe cut the Plasma Balls (or 1 Ultra Ball)?
  3. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I'd likely just cut the Plasma Balls for +1 Ho-oh EX and +1 Colress Machine. With Lugia at max, it shouldn't be too hard to get it out in the first turn or two.

Though dropping Aspertia City Gym is another option but I figure with so many Colorless Pokemon in the deck, it would make for some decent tanking potential and DONK potential with Tornadus EX.
  4. RisingDawn

RisingDawn #1 Oshawott fan! :0<

Aspertia is clearly
    :cool:
    The heart and soul of this deck.
    desufnoc and Gelatin like this.
  5. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

That sounds reasonable.