Sleeves Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bleak, May 15, 2012.

1. I have been using these:
    [​IMG]

Smoothest sleeves I have ever played with
  2. StrongRhino

StrongRhino 6P fantasy football champ 2013!

How much did you get them for ^
  3. I traded for them. I think 2 Darkrai-EX promo and a Mewtwo-EX promo. I might have added a Rayquaza-EX promo as well, but I can't remember.
  4. Monferno

Monferno Rule #1: is that you gotta have fun

Teal KMCs, White Non-Glare Pro Mattes, or Pink Dragonshields. Never anything else. Ever.
  5. KMC's are ok, but they get dirty fast, and then they stick together. I've actually become quite partial to green, red, and blue pro-mattes. And I'm one of those people that uses the fancy Japanese sleeves most of the time (I used the subway master sleeves for nats).
  6. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

Generally, I use green UltraPros, but I've got the Skyla Sleeves sitting with my collection for if/when I top at Nats or go to Worlds. Not for the usual reasons though, I just like her as a Gym Leader.

A great thing about them is that they can double as a distraction if I play the right people. :p
  7. Monferno

I used japanese sleeves for nationals and I hated them. White pro mattes, never going back.
  8. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

Dirt shows up way too clearly for me and my greasy American fingers to bear so I prefer the Black matte over White.
  9. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I use pro-matte for almost every tournament, but it's nice to use something prettyful and expensive for Worlds.

And yeah, white really shows the dirt. Tables are not always the cleanest and I CBA to use a mat.
  10. Empoleon1107

Empoleon1107 The one and only Gangsta

I've been using plain blue sleeves for a while but they are falling apart. Any ideas where I can get an above-60 count of cool sleeves for under $10?
  11. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

In your dreams?

Nice sleeves aren't cheap. Especially when imported.
  12. Empoleon1107

How mcuh would they seriously be? If they're too expensive I will just get more off TrollandToad.
  13. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

Does anyone know of a place to get custom sleeves?
    If so how much would they cost?
  14. baby_mario

Empoleon1107
    Depends what you want. Japanese sleeves can cost anything from $15 to $100 for a sealed set of 60.

David
    Custom sleeves would be illegal for tournament play. Unless they were completely plain, in which case . . . why bother?

A quick search reveals a ton of people asking the same question for various TCGs. The answer seems to be that they only places that will make them have a minimum order of 1,100 packs of 50 sleeves.
  15. Empoleon1107

It's so annoying how they have packs of 50 sleeves and not 60. There are some really cool bacon sleeves at the store my League is at but they come in packs of 50 and they are $5 a pack. I guess I'll just get a 100 pack of blue sleeves off of T&T for $5.:(
  16. baby_mario

The bacon sleeves are also illegal for tournaments.

If you are getting plain sleeves go for Ultra Pro ProMatte. Not at all expensive and very good.
    tokyovampire and David like this.
  17. tokyovampire

tokyovampire Starpower!

Players Choice Sleeves are excellent and are $5.99 for 60. I recommend the Purple ones.:D
  18. beboppokedad

beboppokedad Well-Known Member

where do you buy sleeves online now? there is like NOTHING on ebay or amazon... friggin' wasteland for sleeves
  19. Monferno

Um, ebay has a ton of sleeves
  20. baby_mario

Yep . . . tons of them

Look at these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Major wants right there.

Or you can always try Pokevault.com