Speed Entei deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by PokemonGeek, Feb 26, 2014.

1. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Hey pokefans, this is kind of theorymon for when Flashfire comes out. The idea is to draw stuff with flame torch and accelerate with victini ex then kamoosh with Entei to power up your bench.
    Also I run garbodor so it is more anti-meta.
  2. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

This is an idea I had when the new trainers were first released. The main idea is to swarm with Entei Ex and use the new trainers to have him out on the first or second turn. Reshiram is in the deck to have another Fire attacker but he could be removed if contains a better Fire Pokémon that could ohko Pokémon Ex with some trainer assistance. Garbodor is a natural choice for decks without abilities and status based damage acceleration.

FLAME RUSH

Pokémon (10):
    • 3 Reshiram (beatdown)
    • 3 Entei Ex (beatdown)
    • 2 Garbodor (disable)
    • 2 Trubbish (evolve)

Trainer (38):
    • 4 Professor Juniper (draw)
    • 3 Shauna (draw)
    • 3 N (draw)
    • 3 Blacksmith (boost)
    • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (beatdown)
    • 3 Muscle Band (beatdown)
    • 1 Dowsing Mascine (reuse)
    • 1 Professor Letter (reuse)
    • 3 Float Stone (enable)
    • 3 Flame Torch (draw)
    • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
    • 3 Bicycle (draw)
    • 3 Virbank Stadium (beatdown)

Energy (12):
    • 12 Fire Energy

The deck above is a first draft that should work similar to Dark Rush decks. Dark Rush is in essence all Darkness decks that aim for fast beatdown no matter whether the deck runs Garbodor or not.
  3. PokemonGeek

I wouldn't necessarily run blacksmith. It uses up your supporter for the turn and flame torch is a draw engine to power up Entei' s Grand Flame. Also, 4 Super Potion and 4 Potion is necessary to tank with Entei.
  4. themiraclemeat

themiraclemeat Active Member

Blacksmith: Supporter
    Attach 2 [​IMG] Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your [​IMG] Pokémon.

Flame Torch: Item
    Discard a [​IMG] Energy card from your hand. Then, draw 2 cards.

For the lazy/what's that card do ppl.[DOUBLEPOST=1393431031][/DOUBLEPOST]Also why not add this too:

Lysandre: Supporter
    Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon.
  5. PokemonGeek

I appreciate your feedback, but Lysandre and Blacksmith just to don't cut it. I would much rather use Victini EX t1 and be able to Juniper or N the same turn to get set up and get the t2 Grand Flame.
  6. themiraclemeat

You should post your list. Otherwise it's hard to offer suggestions.
  7. PokemonGeek

Pokemon-11
    4 entei ex
    2-2 garbodor
    3 victini ex

Energy-11
    11 fire

T/S/S-38
    4 juniper
    4 n
    2 shauna
    3 random receiver
    2 bicycle
    1 computer search/victory piece
    4 super potion
    4 potion
    3 rescue scarf
    1 super rod
    4 muscle band
    4 hypnotoxic laser
    2 virbank city gym
  8. themiraclemeat

Which cards in this list are from Flashfire? You could build this deck now...I'm so confused.
  9. PokemonGeek

Forgot: scrap LaserBank and 4 flame torch. The other 2 slots you can tamper with.
  10. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

That deck looks like it would be really fun and have potential for doing great. The deck would tear apart Virizion Genesect. I do, however, feel that Flame Torch is a downgraded Ninetales, but it's still needed I think.
  11. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

Hi JGames,

Thanks. It was an initial idea when the spoilers were released and I never tested the deck. Flame Torch is indeed worse than Ninetales since it does not increase hand size. At least it thins out the deck and ensures that Entei can fuel someone else each turn. Attack-based acceleration from the discard is not bad at all.
  12. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines that it is worse than Ninetales because you can only use it once unless you can do something like Dowsing Machine for it. I guess you can have more Bench space and can still play Garbodor, at the least.