Spreading far the fame...

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Jiddypop, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Jiddypop

Jiddypop New Member

Hey guys this is my first post here on sixprises. A little about me...just recently got back into pokemon after a decade sabbatical. I recently attended both Oklahoma and Texas state tourneys, not really doing that great but a lot of fun none the less. Well here's the list:

Spreading far the fame...
    3 landorus ex
    2-2 duskull/Dusknoir (sinister hand)
    1 mewtwo Ex
    1 bouffalant (bouffer)
    3 tournadus ex
    (12 pokemon)

4 juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    1 colress
    1 Bianca
    (13 supporters)

4 laser
    3 catcher
    3 candy
    3 switch
    3 ultra ball
    2 max potion
    2 virbank
    1 energy search
    1 super rod
    1 tool scrapper
    1 escape
    1 computer search
    (25 trainers)

6 DCE
    4 fighting
    (10 energy)

The strategy plays like big basics. Hit hard with tornadus/landourus/lasers/virbank to get a bunch of damage on the field. I don't usually like to have Dusknoir down until at least turn 4 if I can that way damage is on the field to manipulate with sinister hand. I have had a lot of fun playing with it. I like that it can run with or without the Dusknoir. He just makes it that much more fun and unexpected. I'm open to suggestions. Do find that late game Ns seem to be a downfall of this deck after losing two local tourneys to dead draws after N to 2-3. Help me out!
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Three candy for a 2-0-2 line? Why?

Especially since you run Skyla is a healthy amount. You can for sure cut that down to two candy. Maybe put in a ditto instead for added funsies
  3. Jiddypop

Jiddypop New Member

Lol I was thinking of ditto earlier actually. The three Candies were for added security for one or maybe two being prized which has happened twice. But it is easy to drop. Thanks for the idea.
  4. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

You want to play the seven prize game for sure. Only benching one non EX is the way to do it usually.

Dusknoir is more of a finisher, right? So if you end up not having to use him, it's not the end of the world and you should have taken at least a few prizes by then.
  5. shirokuma

shirokuma Member

Did nobody notice the 6 dce?
    TechnoLegend and Zarco like this.
  6. Jiddypop

Jiddypop New Member

Wow good catch yeah reverse the energy...6 fighting 4 DCE
  7. Underworldowl88

Underworldowl88 UnderworldOwl

Can't you only have 2 DCE per deck? I could be wrong.
  8. Jiddypop

Jiddypop New Member

Was this serious? You can have 4.
  9. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

You can have a maximum of 4 of any named card in your deck at a given time. The only 2 exceptions to this in the current format are ACE SPECs (you can only have 1 of them in your deck at a given time) and Basic energy, of which you can have any amount, so long as no other rules in terms of deck building are broken.
  10. cyndaquil

cyndaquil Gravia is love, Gravia is life

Yep i noticed ;) You ninja'd me