State of the Forum

Discussion in 'SixPrizes Stuff' started by Adam, May 4, 2014.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I didn't ban you for that*

*not saying it didn't cross my mind ;)
    OshaWaterBottle and Professor_N like this.
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Do you have access to another computer at home? I can pretty much confirm it's not your account that is causing the issue (since I was able to log in with it). There has got to be something on your computer preventing the page from loading.

What happens if you try to visit this link? http://pkmncards.com/wp-login.php
  3. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Personally I'd advise dumping Chrome :p.

In all seriousness, restart the computer, make sure updates are current.

If none of that works, open a command prompt (Type "cmd" sans quotes into a "Run" window) type "ipconfig" into the command prompt, and then type "flushdns". It may be "/flushdns", it's been awhile since I used a Windows machine.

Additionally, if that fails, type (copy/paste) into a new command prompt:
    Code:
    ping 208.80.6.203
    Then post the output.

Edit 2: For good measure, also type "ping 107.170.111.85" and post that output too.
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Adam likes this.
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I can log in on Internet Explorer just fine, but Chrome just can't handle it or something.
  5. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Oh. Then ignore everything I said about cmd prompt and please get Firefox, because IE is a security nightmare.
  6. Professor_N

From what I've heard Firefox is similar to IE in terms of security. I would like to not have to use either, going to try restarting the computer soon.
  7. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Let me assure you, you've heard wrong. Internet Explorer is among the least secure programs on the Internet.

There's a reason they've just had to patch a crippling vulnerability in every version from the past 8 years....
    Reshiphlosion and Serperior like this.
  8. Professor_N

I only planned on using it to read UG Articles anyways. But Firefox does work, so I'll probably just use that instead.
  9. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

Take a guess at which one the NSA released an official statement saying not to use because it has more security holes than a net. I'll give you a hint, it's not based on an animal.
  10. Professor_N

No I heard about that, but I also heard that Firefox was the same, but I think the person that told me probably just didn't know what they were saying and though Firefox and IE were the unsecure ones and not just IE (or perhaps they read something untruthful).
  11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

The fact is, this is the Internet, nothing's perfect.

IE has a track record of inferiority, though.
  12. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

My dad and I call it "Internet Exploder."
  13. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

When i try to log in on BBS, it makes me a new account named oshawaterbottle1, I already have an account so what happened to the old one?
  14. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

15. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Well, I have the keep me logged in on this cpu, but when I log in on a different device, it makes me OshaWaterBottle1. I deleted it.