Straight Machamp - Machamp SF, Machamp Lv.X SF, Machamp Prime TM

Discussion in 'UG Deck List Depository' started by Adam, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Straight Machamp - Sample Deck List (updated through Triumphant)

Pokemon – 24
    4 Machop SF
    3 Machoke TM
    2 Machamp SF
    2 Machamp Prime TM
    3 Uxie LA
    1 Uxie Lv.X
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Unown Q MD
    4 Unown R LA
    1 Mesprit LA
    1 Regirock LA
    1 Combee SF

T/S/S – 26
    4 Pokemon Collector
    3 Bebe’s Search
    4 Pokemon Communication
    4 Seeker
    1 Luxury Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Broken Time-Space
    2 Expert Belt
    2 Copycat

Energy – 10
    7 Fighting Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy

Basic Strategy and Overview

The main thing with Straight Machamp is you want to set up Machamp SF T1 or 2, maybe donk if possible. Meanwhile, you want to set up Machamp Prime with at least a Double Colorless Energy on him, so when there are no more basics for SF to KO, you "Fighting Tag" to Prime. Then you proceed to KO any remaining Pokemon.

(Thanks to 2decktom for the overview!)

Skill Level

Beginner-Intermediate.

Tournament History

City Championships 2010-2011:

Battle Roads 2010-2011:
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Tech Options

Pokemon
    Donphan Prime HS
    Unown P MD
    1/1 Infernape 4 Lv.X RR

Trainers
    4 Rare Candy
    Palmer's Contribution
    Stark Mountain

(Thanks to 2decktom and BREEE for contributions here!)

Matchup Advice

Vs LuxChomp

Vs VileGar

Vs Gyarados

Vs DialgaChomp

Vs Sablelock

Vs Straight Machamp (Mirror)

Coming soon...
  4. JWittz

JWittz Active Member

I'd argue that machamp probably isn't tier 1 at all. I have to check the numbers for its winnings again, but as fulop once said--it doesn't really have a winning matchup vs. anything. It loses to gyarados and vilegar pretty easily, and against a smart luxchomp with 3-1 uxie and lucario, the matchup is much easier than you'd think.

Although if we go by those numbers, sablock might have to go down, too : (. We'll see what I've got!
  5. yeniths

yeniths Member

Let us know J-Wittz!
  6. Saturn

Saturn Member

Just to help, Here is what Pokegym reported about Machamp for cites 2010-2011:

Masters 1st place Decks:
    Luxchomp: 103
    Gyarados: 44
    VileGar: 39
    Dialgachomp: 19
    Gigas: 6
    Machamp: 6
    Sablelock: 4

Masters 2nd, 3rd, 4th place decks:
    Luxray Varients: 180
    Gyarados: 122
    Gengar Varients: 120
    Machamp Varients: 55

So it would be really close call?

I used to have issues with Gyarados till re-read the Machamp SF...-_-* I have not had much problem since and you can always run porygon 2 + Ruins of Alph since machamp has no resistance anyway... or just Ruins of Alph...Uxie is a problem for it just a bit but it you are fighting with your Uxie also then again, it's just based on skill/luck but has a fairly good match. The only problem is really Vilegar only because both Uxie and Machamp are weak to Psychic.
  7. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Thanks for sharing the numbers Saturn! Just judging by those, I'd probably it's Tier 2. I can move the thread... all decks are up for discussion where they belong. I just wanted to at least get everything posted.

Also I updated the resources section with a new (regular) article published to the site today: Taking Another Look at Machamp, Part 1 - The Brief Overview
  8. 2decktom

2decktom Member

Tech Options:
    Donphan Prime
    Unown P

I would add another candy.
    + Candy - Combee
  9. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Thanks man, I'll add those right up! I'll start working more in depth on all these deck threads next week hopefully, I've got a couple other things to work on first.
  10. 2decktom

2decktom Member

Tech options:
    Palmer's Contribution
    Stark Mountain
  11. 2decktom

2decktom Member

Basic Strategy and Overview:

The main thing with Straight Machamp is you want to set up Machamp SF T1 or 2, maybe donk if possible. Meanwhile, you want to set up Machamp Prime with at least a DCE on him, so when there are no more basics for SF to KO, you Fighting Tag to Prime. Then you proceed to KO any remaining Pokemon.
  12. BREEE

BREEE Member

You should add Infernape 4 Lvl X to the tech list. makes a Gyarados match up a lot better bro. Intimidating Roar will push gyarados aside so you can take out their bench.
  13. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Added, thanks guys!!
  14. SaiaSandstorm

SaiaSandstorm Member

I'd run 4 PokeDrawer+ over 2 Communication and the 2 Expert Belt.
    I never see the deck severally needing the extra 20 HP and attack, and with PokeDrawer+ you can get through the deck faster and gives a better chance for a turn 1 donk or to at least get set up.
    I wouldn't say it's a tech, I'd say the deck needs it to be fast enough.
    I have seen the light.
  15. 2decktom

2decktom Member

I wouldn't agree... Expert Belt is needed for not only the HP (survive longer) and extra damage (for doing 150 damage to to some high HP guys like Machamp or Regigigas). Pokemon Communication is pretty good although if you want to you can trim the line to 1, but then there's no real point in running Comm.

I have seen the real light, not the light bulb you are staring at.
  16. SaiaSandstorm

SaiaSandstorm Member

If you want true speed you're only gonna get it with PokeDrawer+
    This kind of Machamp deck is all about speed. If you want a slow build run the champ deck that was just posted on SixPrizes.
    Trust me, with the PokeDrawers the deck became much more consistent. Definitely makes it easier for a T1 donk too.
    Expert Belt is more pointless than useful, I've been running the deck a lot.
    Even with Belt, it still can't take out a Gyarados, it instantly takes out Luxray regardless and any SP in general if you have SF out.
    It didn't really stand a chance against VileGar to begin with (though Prime can hit 110, enough to take out a Gar) and that's potentially all the matchups that matter.
    SP, VileGar, Gyarados...
  17. Roz

Roz New Member

I have a question for you guys.
    Would
    -1 Combee SF
    -1 Uxie lvl X LA
    + 1 Infernape 4 SV
    + 1 Infernape 4 lvl x SV

be a good idea? I'm trying to find a good tech to replace Uxie lvl x (since I can't afford one- yay for student's budget).
    I know that Uxie x would be awesome for mirror matches, but I think Infernape can help for my Gyarados matchup since I could take out Pixies and Regice. I don't have a lot of time to playtest for now because of school, so I just wanted to know what you guys think about that.
    Thanks!
  18. njpokedad

njpokedad Member

As JWittz said the problem is that Machamp has no matchup which it is really strong against.

I would and am running 3 SF. It really puts any SP matchup in your favor. Especially if you run regice where you can get rid of toxicroak if you have too. At this point since SP is still so dominant it may even be wise to stick to four SF. I am trying both out.

The other thing is a strong line of warp point/pokemon reversal/poke blower. Being able to bring up basics for easy knockouts is very important. Against decks like Gyarados, board manipulation really swings the game in your favor.
  19. SoujiroElric

SoujiroElric Member

I want to mention how this deck cannot deal with Scizor. Scizor decks have the upper hand here, thanks to its poke-body (which kills Machamp's only way to be speedy) and because it's overall faster and stronger. My question is, what kind of techs can be used on this deck to deal with Scizor decks?
  20. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

An Idea I've been toying around with to combat Scizor is DGX and 3 Warp Point. You get Dialga G on the bench, then you leave a Champ SF active with a Fighting Energy. You should be able to stack up at least 80 Damage or knock them out. By the time they've KO'd you, you should have a loaded Champ Prime on the bench with a DCE. After the KO, bring up Dialga G, Level Up, and Warp Point back to the Bench. It also works in the Vilegar Matchup.