Street Fighter x Mega Man

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Otaku, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

I don't use Off-Topic much, so hopefully this is the correct place for this. If not, I hope the Mods will be forgiving and move this to the correct place. ^^'

So is anyone else excited about this game and planning to download it when Capcom makes it available for the PC for free on December 17th to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Mega Man?
  2. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

excited? You bet I am! Mega Man X is awesome, and street fighter is awesome, but despite this fact, I'm not sure how well they will mix (apart from this, of course ;)). Looking forward to it anyways.
  3. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Crossover is with the Classics series Mega Man, not X. I think that is why even though they are hyping this as a Mega Man game, Street Fighter got top billing. ;)
  4. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

oh, my mistake. I guess I immediately thought the MMX Hadoken unlockable when I read/heard the two in the same phrase. I'm still looking forward to it, even if I do personally prefer X over classic.
  5. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

Rock does earn moves for defeating his opponents: it isn't a Fighting-game crossover but another retro-style Mega Man game. Since it is free and was originally made by a fan (who showed it to Capcom at an event; they liked it so much they decided to release it officially), I won't criticize the aesthetic. Well, I actually love the retro-look, but I know a lot of fans are sick of it and I'd rather Mega Man games performed well enough to earn sequels than be the only one still enjoying them. ;-)

Also worth noting is that despite using the retro-look, unlike Mega Man 9 or 10 Mega Man should have his charge shot and his slide (something he had since Mega Man 3 for NES until his return in 9).
  6. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

So did anyone else download this? I did, but my gaming skills are vastly inadequate I'm a little rusty. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
  7. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

I managed to download it as well.

My computer can run it, but just barely. What can I say my comp is quite old except for things I've had to replace, and I haven't had the money for a new one just about anything major in years. Not sure why, but it can't recognize my sound card, so BGM cuts in and out. Sound effects seem to work okay. What is really bad is:

a) No controller for my comp, so I am using the keyboard. @_@

b) Not sure why, but I've got issues at points. Like, beyond slowdown slowdown, where suddenly the game continues but stops recognizing key inputs. Depending on how long it lasts, it might quickly execute the last few or it might just do the last one. I've hit many pits because it chose not to recognize jump (as opposed to the many pits I've hit due to player error). Biggest problem is that it will keep a button depressed; I've watched Mega Man run into bottomless pits or the corner during boss fights and can't shake him out of it, and sometimes my buster is stuck charging.

Despite this, I am overall enjoying the game. Knowing Weaknesses helps a lot. I can beat Chun-Li and Blanka fairly handily with just the Buster, but everyone else I need their Weakness. I can't beat the game yet, though. I can make it to... um... I don't know how to do spoilers on this board. >.> Oh well, I can make it to the second Stage after beating the original eight bosses. The stage is pretty challenging, at least the first half, and the boss is brutal: even exploiting Weakness I think my best performance drained only half the health bar!