Sturbridge, MA regionals

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Salamencetrainer34, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

4/5 & 4/6 New England Regionals at: The Sturbridge Host Hotel and Conference Center,

Whos going?

Going
    @Salamencetrainer34
    @SoldiersSpirit
    @Gelato
    @IprobablywillneverupdatethisbecauseImlazy
    @whoeverelseisgoing

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

I'll be there just cuz I'm a patriots fan and I haven't heard about the other spring regionals lol.
  3. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

Unless something changes I'll be there[DOUBLEPOST=1388954092][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm new to the MA competitive seen, and I was wondering what it's like around here. Do events get big turn outs, what's the meta like, any info on anything along those lines would be helpful if you guys have the time. Thanks.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  4. MVTK

MVTK Tech M9me

That's my Birthday weekend; totally going. It's gonna be awesome
  5. Salamencetrainer34

You should check my tourney report to get an idea of the meta (obviously changing soon, someone will tell me the current meta at states), but it will definitely vary at the big event (no special requirements), I'd reccommend preparing for the tier one decks (Virizion/genesect, Blastoise, darkrai for sure, Plasma/snorlax/Lugia, etc.) For now, I am waiting for the results of the new decks a bit after XY is released. I'd recommend the same for now, this event is in 3 months anyways.
  6. Gelato

Gelato The Swarm

Will do. I might just run Fairys for fun and see how it goes.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  7. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

I have every intention of going, and there is absolutely no block in my schedule that would/should prevent me from going. Probably going to go either Fairy/whatever comes from XY or Rogue, but worst comes to worst I have Blastoise to fall back on :p.
    Salamencetrainer34 likes this.
  8. Roguechomp

Roguechomp Active Member

I may go just to defend my 2nd place, if not it won't matter much to me. Hopefully I'll have the invite by then.
  9. Salamencetrainer34

Me and you facing for first place, sounds fun. Hope to see you there! (Will update OP later)
  10. Wrynku

Wrynku New Member

I'll be there, and I'll have a car packed with players!
  11. SoldiersSpirit

Ya gotta go, me and my gf are about to book our hotel. Speaking of that, any info on where we can get discounted prices on the hotel for regionals?

@Salamencetrainer34 I better hang out with you also!

Hell, I'd like to meet all of ya!
  12. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

I've been out of it for awhile (actually the last tournament I tried to go to was spring regs last year, but I had to back out of it last minute because of family issues...) and I can't make any promises, but since this is literally 30 minutes away from my house I'm intending to show up and compete. I know Sturbridge pretty well and go there every couple weeks, so hopefully I'll see you guys there! :D

In the meantime I have to get current with everything that's changed this past year, there's a lot of catching up to do. >->
  13. thevilegarkid

thevilegarkid Member

Depends on whether or not I have the invite by then...
  14. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Yeah, you can add me to the confirmed list. I'm 100% certain that I will be going to this event now and it's going to be a blast! :D
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  15. Floral

Floral Member

I will be going :)
  16. SoldiersSpirit

Anyone?
  17. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

I could look it up for you. I don't know about any hotels on discount but there are a couple hotels that are pretty close to the convention center iirc.
  18. SoldiersSpirit

I can stay at that same hotel but like VA Regionals, they had a special for participants where the room was like 50% off each night...
  19. Salamencetrainer34

Did you try calling any nearby hotels? They probably know whether they have specials or not. (I am not going to any hotel as I am being driven there, so dont ask me about any special)
    Reshiphlosion likes this.
  20. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Well I looked it up, you can actually stay at the event location (it doubles as a 3 star hotel) for $119 a night. There are also a handful for 2-3 star hotels all within walking/driving distance that range from $60-$100 a night. Unfortunately I couldn't find any deals or discounts from my search, sorry.