Tier 1 "TDK" Plasma Basics

Discussion in 'BLW-on Archives' started by cabd, Apr 29, 2013.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

This is the official Competitive Deck Discussion thread for “TDK” which is Plasma Thundurus EX, Plasma Deoxys EX, and Plasma Kyurem PLF. Decks running these three cards with any number of techs or additional attacker lines (such as Snorolax or Lugia EX) also belong here. This deck has not yet seen tournament play outside of Japan, so no tier has yet been assigned. Please keep all discussion relevant to the deck at hand. Posts not relating to this deck and issues it may have will be moved or deleted at mod discretion.
  2. cabd

accidentally had this locked for some odd reason, fixed. Have at ye.
  3. scrub91

scrub91 New Member

I personally love the idea of lugia as a tech in here. With the combo of a scramble switch and energy/ colress machine you could easily take a clutch 3 prizes.
  4. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Just an idea to get something started.

Pokemon - 12
    Tornadus EX PF - 2
    Thundurus EX PF - 4
    Kyurem PF - 4

Supporters - 12
    Professor Juniper - 4
    Team Plasma Grunt - 4
    Colress - 4

Trainers - 24
    Pokemon Catcher - 4
    Colress Machine - 4
    Team Plasma Ball - 4
    Hypnotoxic Laser - 4
    Switch - 3
    Max Potion - 2
    Virbank City Gym - 2
    Gold Potion - 1

Energy - 12
    Plasma Energy - 4
    Blend Energy WLFM - 4
    Prism Energy - 4
  5. stormfront047

stormfront047 New Member

Here's my current list:

Pokemon:
    3 Thundurus EX PF
    4 Deoxys EX PF
    2 Kyurem PF
    2 Tornadus EX PF

T/S/S:
    4 Juniper
    4 N
    3 Colress
    2 Skyla
    4 Colress Machine
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Catcher
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Switch
    2 Virbank
    2 Max Potion
    1 Scramble Switch

Energy:
    4 Blend WLFM
    4 Prism
    4 Plasma

Honestly not too sure why I use Tornadus, maybe because I want an excuse to use it lol. I may replace it later with a Lugia and a DCE.
  6. newbie02

newbie02 Member

I like this Pokemon line myself, and it's been doing very good in testing.
    3 Thunderous EX
    4 Deoxys EX
    1 Lugia EX
    2 Kyurem
    1 Snorlax

I'm not 100% sold on Snorlax, but when you get him out at just the right time you can do allot of damage and take multiple prizes trading only one back. I'm still playing with the supporter/trainer line allot, so I'm not sure what I will end up with in that regard. I like Kyurem in the deck to get the Klingklang's, but at the same time Kyurem is weak to metal. Plasma frigate could be an option in this case, but would only be useful with Kyurem in the Klingklang matchup so it seems like wasted space in this deck otherwise.
  7. Civ

Civ Member

Needs moar deoxys.. Deoxys is what makes this deck what it is.
    coolestman22 likes this.
  8. newbie02

newbie02 Member

Actually plasma frigate would help a little in the Eel's matchup, and would help Thunderous EX and Snorlax against fighting types like landy and t-Rak.
  9. cabd

Landy isn't an issue when you have plasma kyurem
  10. newbie02

newbie02 Member

That's very true...I'm just thinking outside the box a little with matchups overall. I'm still working on getting the new stuff, I'm testing with proxies right now. I can't make any pre-releases so I have to wait for the actual retail release, then go crazy tearing open packs hoping to get some good pulls.
  11. cabd

PUBLIC NOTICE
    I have deleted some posts that had nothing to do with the topic at hand, and the mod team will continue to do so. Keep on topic please.
    Ollietoed64 likes this.
  12. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

I'm thinking Eviolite might make a small comeback with this deck being Tier one. Kyurem only 1-shots things with laser damage factored in, and Eviolite puts a 180 HP EX off from being OHKO'd by Blizzard Burn + HTL. I also don't get why people are putting Tornadus-P EX in here. Windfall is good, but Raiden Knuckle is supposed to be your T1 attack, and Tornadus is still weak to Raiden Knuckle, making it a bad starter in some situations. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Keldeo-EX/Float Stone yet. It's much easier to attach a Float Stone to a Keldeo to cycle Blizzard Burns than to retreat between Kyurems with two Float Stones.
  13. WuBMaYNE

I might try squeezing 2 in but I honestly don't believe Deoxys will be that important.
  14. AGGarchomp

AGGarchomp Active Member

Deoxys is very, very important. Otherwise, your deck is full of weak attackers, and you can't OHKO anything.
    gurugly likes this.
  15. eggrolls

eggrolls The future of this society. Or not.

My dream Lugia EX constant-OHKO deck:

Pokemon - 12
    3 Lugia EX
    4 Deoxys EX
    3 Thundurus EX
    1 Shaymin
    1 Victini (Bench-filled attacker)

Trainers - 36
    3 Colress Machine
    2 Virbank City Gym
    1 Frozen City (for Hydropony/Chandelurem/Eelektrik)
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Shadow Triad
    3 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Colress
    2 Cheren
    2 Skyla
    2 Float Stone
    1 Computer Search
    3 Plasma Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 Pokemon Catcher

Energy - 12
    4 Plasma Energy
    4 Prism Energy
    1 Fire Energy
    2 Lightning Energy
    1 Psychic Energy

Advice, please!:D
    Darksripe2 and cyndaquil like this.
  16. Isn't this thread primarily TDK Plasma Basics? Why post a list that doesnt have Deoxys EX in it? And now we have another list that doesnt have Kyurem. I guess that is why its best to call this deck Plasma Box because at page 1 you already have 2 builds that miss one ingredient of TDK =p.

Deoxys EX is one of the major reasons why this deck is going to be a Tier 1 deck. A fully powered Kyurem PLF with 2 deoxys ex on the bench can ohko Blastoise, ShiftKlang,PlasmaKlang, and Garchomp. Make it 3 Deoxys Ex on the bench, then Hydreigon and current 6p-fave Dragonite is OHKOable. 3 Deoxys + Laserbank then Kyurem can now take out an EX.
  17. cabd

Dragonite, you mean.

CALLING IT NOW

Dragonite is the new leafeon/roserade

And TBH if you're not running deoxys you're doing it wrong
  18. WuBMaYNE

Let me try this again, cause I think I was wrong on my totals before.

Pokemon - 10
    Tornadus EX PF - 1
    Deoxys EX - 3
    Thundurus EX - 3
    Kyurem PF - 3

Supporters - 12
    Professor Juniper - 4
    Team Plasma Grunt - 4
    N- 2
    Colress - 2

Trainers - 28
    Pokemon Catcher - 4
    Colress Machine - 4
    Team Plasma Ball - 4
    Hypnotoxic Laser - 4
    Switch -3
    Eviolite - 2
    Shadow Triad - 2
    Max Potion - 2
    Virbank City Gym - 2
    Gold Potion - 1

Energy - 12
    Plasma Energy -4
    Blend Energy WLFM - 4
    Prism Energy - 4
  19. rather the new Ninetales/Amoongus or the new Raticate, decks that excited theorymoners but once playtesting began players started walking away from them one by one.

going back to topic, players should also try Esa's build, probably the first ever publicized among all english-speaking pokemon sites.
  20. cabd

You're showing your age or lack thereof wihtin the community. Leafeon/Roserade came well before those decks you mention.