Tier 2 TDK - Thundurus EX, Deoyxs EX, Kyurem PLF

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by VictiniCup, Aug 14, 2013.

1. VictiniCup

VictiniCup Guest

This is the competitive deck thread for TDK. This deck is also known as Plasma Basics and Plasma Haymaker. The basic Strategy of the deck is to open with Thundurus EX, attaching a prism energy or a Blend WLFM. Setting up 3 Deoxys EX So that Kyurem with do 120 from Blizzard Burn + 30 from Deoyxs EX on bench + 30 from bangle, to KO all EXes.

Here is a sample decklist:

[Spoiler=Click here to show list]
    Pokemon - 12
    3 Thundurus EX
    4 Kyurem PLF
    4 Deoyxs EX
    1 Absol PLF

Trainers - 36
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    3 Colress

4 Colress Machine
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Team Plasma Ball
    3 Silver Bangle
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Switch

Energy - 12
    4 Blend WLFM
    4 Prism
    4 Plasma

[/spoiler]
  2. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Approved, thank you for using the proper formatting.
  3. Blueye95

Blueye95 TCG is all i need

Let me start this new thread off by posting a skeleton of the deck to provide some dicussion.

Pokemon - 7

3 Deoxys EX
    2 Thundurus EX
    2 Kyurem PLF

Trainers - 29

4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress

4 Pokemon Catcher
    3 Colress Machine
    2 Silver Bangle
    4-6 switch cards
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Plasma Ball
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Ace Spec

1 Staduim

Energy - 10
    4 Prism
    2 Blend WLFM
    4 Plasma

This would leave you with 12-14 spots to add cards. What do you think of the skeleton list?
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  4. superw8

superw8 Did you?

What is the real need for any stadium? Virbank is risky, skyarrow bridge is pointless with float stones, beach makes no sense, and frozen city is useless if you face anything with a lot of Plasma pokemon.
  5. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

Basically if you're struggling vs Blastoise you can put in a couple of Frozen City. Otherwise stadiums aren't a huge need for this deck.
  6. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

You could always try Plasma Frigate if you wanted a kickgym that is more generally useful.
  7. VictiniCup

VictiniCup Guest

Blueye95 I would suggest maxing Colress Machine and adding a Silver Bangle. You definitely need 4 Deoyxs EX so add one. Also, Thundurus EX is your optimal starter so add one of them in there. You also need more supporters. Most decks run 12-13.

superw8, SeaLegend

As you said Virbank is useless as your stadium since VirGen counters it. So, any stadium is worth it as you want to get rid rid of Trop. Beach.
  8. Blueye95

Victinicup, its a skeleton ;) 4 colress machine is debatable. Also superw8 the real need for any staduim is to mess with your opponents. For example vs genesect/virizion. Even though they wont get hurt much by frozen city (unless they run tropius or something), they will lose their free retreat.
    superw8 likes this.
  9. superw8

superw8 Did you?

That makes sense, I did not remember that genesect plays SAB and Blastoise plays beach.
  10. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

SOME genesects run SAB, some run beach, some run neither. either way they never depend on thier stadium outside of t1. and getting rid of it is a waste of space in your deck. if your meta is blastoise heavy, run frozen city. if it isnt then dont run a stadium
  11. SeaLegend

SeaLegend Active Member

Build I'm currently testing:

4 Deoxys EX
    3 Kyurem PLF
    2 Thundurus EX
    1 Lugia EX

4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Colress Machine
    4 Switch
    2 Float Stone
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Plasma Ball
    2 Silver Bangle
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Energy Search
    1 Scramble Switch

4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    3 Bicycle

4 Prism
    2 Blend WLFM
    2 Water
    1 Lightning
    4 Plasma
    1 DCE

The overall aim of my list is to use Kyurem and Lugia to generate a huge prize advantage. The energy lineup allows for a bit of protection vs Drifblim and/or Enhanced Hammer, while still having 8 Energy for Kyurem and 7 for Thundurus to attack with. Lugia is a preference card, Lugias are a bit dead mid-game but the ability to take 3 prizes to finish the game or set up a T1 Lugia just opens up so many big plays for the deck. In order to mitigate the lack of Keldeo, I choose to run 7 switching cards in order to keep a spot open on my bench while still retaining the ability to stream Kyurems. I feel like a Max Potion could prove useful in my list, although I'm not positive what I would remove for it.
    Reshiboar likes this.
  12. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Let me just say decks that are running 4 Silver Mirrors will crush any Plasma build that only uses 2 Tool Scrappers. I'm currently running 3 Scrappers and Dowsing Machine and even that is hardly enough for these anti plasma decks.
  13. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Honestly, I feel people are going a bit mad with the new anti-Plasma stuff right now.

A lot of decks seem to be built to virtually autowin that matchup, but lose to everything else.

People will likely calm down for BRs.
    Joai likes this.
  14. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Driftflim is good but if Plasma gets a Kyurem rolling T2, (Which is NOT hard) they will sweep.[DOUBLEPOST=1376641939][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I think laser is better than Bangle, any decks that run Virizion you can beat with no extra damage.
  15. Joai

Joai Grinded into Worlds 2011...

after selling most of my EXs from my plasma deck, should I even get the deck going again? V/G is too new for me to invest in, but all this anti-plasma talk has me nervous.....
  16. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Eh anti-plasma loses to everything that isn't plasma. If you are really worried about anti plasma, then add in some extra tool scrapper.
  17. Joai

well i have six open spots so i guess bangle and tool scrapper it is
  18. Blueye95

if you have six open spots because of dropping laser/virbank, i think 2 scrapper, 3 bangle and 1 frozen city is a good choice.
  19. Joai

Yea you might be right
  20. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

That's what I run actually.