Tier 2 TDK - Thundurus EX, Deoyxs EX, Kyurem PLF

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by VictiniCup, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

The Top Cut just posted a vide that utilized Umbreon. It seemed to do the job very well.
  2. mattynate

mattynate That's not rasslin'!!

Why not just play sharpedo?
  3. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

For me, it feels useless in all other matchups. And in all honesty, it feels like Plasma's struggling to remain afloat.
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I've been thinking this for a while now.

I'm not sad, it's had it's time of dominance.
  5. CyrusTyler

There will not be another deck this fast in format for a while after it goes away. Looks like when Plasma defaults to nonexistence, only Charizard and Dark and Fairybox will remain.

But on topic, why is Plasma sinking?
  6. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

But Speed/Yveltal is faster.
  7. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Quad Kyurem is still quite good.
  8. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Actually I've been testing 1/4/4 - T/D/K with quad lysandre against various yveltal variants, and so far the matchup is fairly 50/50, it definitely likes the yveltal/garbo matchup, it's also not entirely hard to hit yveltals for an ohko with thundurus to setup another kyurem for a turn after blizzard burn and if you play heavy lasers it definitly takes advantage of the matchup in that way. So far to say I destroyed a few yveltal variants, kangaskhan, raindance, etc decks with TDK, it's not impossible, the matchups are what they are.
  9. CyrusTyler

I just hate using Blizzard Burn sometimes, especially against Rain Dance decks. They load up a BKEX in one turn and unload a Black Ballista where it takes you at least two turns in order to power up Kyurem PLF once more. I still favor a 2/4/4/ TDK split personally because Thundurus-EX can be so important early-game where dumping a hand of Energy can be a good thing for once.
  10. Professor_N

Plasma is the very reason why it's a risk to play decks like Empoleon and Greninja. What makes them so powerful is mostly their Prize trade, and Lugia evens it out. Also Piplups die fast. Which is sad.
  11. CyrusTyler

Which is kind of depressing, because I picked up Kingdra Greninja a few days ago and really dig it, but as long as Plasma is in cycle, Kingdra will be a difficult play.
  12. Professor_N

Plasma isn't played nearly has much as Yveltal EX is. Which isn't much better.
  13. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Meh, frost spear goes further then raiden knuckle against rain dance early game then wasting turns setting up only 2 blizzard burn, when instead I can stall late game off of the dmg I put on his bench shutting down his engine and taking destructive prizes.