Tier 2 TDK - Thundurus EX, Deoyxs EX, Kyurem PLF

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by VictiniCup, Aug 14, 2013.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Are you running 4 Kyurem?
  2. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Should I run Absol or Keldeo? I run 2 Float Stone and 3 Switch but can take out a Switch to a Float Stone.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Everyone is running Scrapper.

Keldeo w/o Stone is a liability.
    pokemonguy likes this.
  4. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

I'm warming up to the idea of a more Switch heavy deck. Since you generally want Silver Bangle on Kyurem to make bigger pushes, you can't have the Float Stone on him to reset into another for Blizzard Burn.

And with Tool Scrapper being a more prominent presence in a lot of decks, as b_m said, Keldeo is seemingly like a riskier play since they could possibly Catcher -> Scrapper -> N you out of a way out when you could at least hope to power up an attack with any of your other Plasma Pokemon through an Energy + Colress Machine.

If you remove Keldeo, that's a +1 Switch right there. Get rid of the Float Stones, too, and that's 2-3 more open spaces.

Of course, Keldeo still has it's pros (if no Scrapper, infinite BB resets) so it may still be worthwhile to include him. Just tossing ideas out there when I should be grinding through some homework.
  5. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Go for Absol. I've experienced first hand that when your opponent carelessly (or even if their deck requires them) fills up their bench, Absol takes one prize after another for the cost of Kyurem's Frost Spear though with a Prism instead of a Water.

The only downside to Absol is his low 100HP. That is the downside.

In the case of Keldeo, things take a worse turn.

In the past, I may have voted Keldeo, but that's because people ran it for only 2 reasons: To get rid of special conditions like Sleep and Poison as well as Blizzard Burn turn after turn. Now, however, these reasons have lost their reliability. With Virizion EX intimidating players to lose their lasers for Bangles, the only deck that will still run lasers is Garbodor. The funny thing is that Garbodor shuts off Keldeo's ability and as such renders Keldeo useless. Consistent Blizzard Burning on the other hand, also faces a new threat. Thanks to Silver Mirror and Silver Bangle, Tool Scrapper will be making its way back into decks by the pairs (or singles) and in the end Keldeo's usage will usually come down to who runs more: You and your float stones or them and their Scrappers.

You could still play Keldeo and Float Stone, but it's a lot easier on deck builders to take out a card for a single Absol and make it effective than to make 4 or 5 spaces for Keldeo's and Float Stones that require those numbers to make the pair effective.
  6. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

What about Tornadus EX PLF?
  7. TylerLindsey

TylerLindsey Road to DC.

Perhaps a one-of just so you can Windfall out of a bad start, but I don't consider it a very reliable attacker, personally.

Absol is the way to go, in my opinion. Just too good in the mirror.
  8. Blueye95

Blueye95 TCG is all i need

Right now i have one spot left in the deck. The options i am considering are:
    Landorus EX
    Plasma Landorus (promo)
    4th Colress Machine
    3rd scrapper
    1 Max Potion
    something else???

Also, how would a plasma list with lasers and bangles work (other than sounding inconsistent). And i've seen the plasma hate rise up lately. almost everything is teching in enhanced hammer. Some ViriGen lists even run Drifblim, which OHKO's everything for 1 colorless if there are 4 special energy in the opps discard. What could be done to count such a trend.

What are your guys thoughts?
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. wiki188

wiki188 Mrlightning

here is my list please list all suggestions

2 thundurus ex
    4 deoxys ex
    3 kyurem
    1 keldeo ex
    1 lugia ex

4 pokemon catcher
    3 silver bangle
    3 switch
    3 colress machine
    3 team plasma ball
    2 tool scrapper
    2 float stone
    1 ultra ball
    1 max potion
    1 scramble switch

4 professor juniper
    4 n
    3 colress
    1 shadow triad

1 frozen city

4 plasma
    4 blend wlfm
    4 blend
    1 double colorless
  10. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

-1 keldeo
    -1 ball(either a plasma or ultra)
    +2 skyla/other supporter.
  11. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Where's the Plasma energy? You wrote 4 blend, but I think you meant plasma. Also I don't know how great having Keldeo and Float Stone is anymore...

I would - 1 Keldeo - 2 Stone
    and + 2 Ultra Ball + 1 Frozen City

I would add a Frozen City because if your going to have it then you might as well have 2.
  12. Serperior

Serperior Well-Known Member

Keldeo is great because of reusable Blizzard Burns.
  13. Professor_N

I know that, but with the amount of tool scrappers that will be in the format most likely it will make Keldeo not as good anymore because they will keep on scrapping your stones unless you run 3-4, like b_m said above.
    jeffrey3421 likes this.
  14. Drench

Drench Active Member

Doesn't this deck run like 2-3 switches anyways?
  15. pokemonguy

I think a one off of Frozen City is quite effective.
  16. Blueye95

Blueye95 TCG is all i need

Oh and why is that? One is not enough to keep other staduims off the field.

and @ drench, the better option is 3 switch and 2 float stone. i might even try 4 switch just since catcher stalling is more used now (mainly by garbodor)
  17. Drench

Drench Active Member

That's what I'm saying.. this deck already runs 2-3 switches and 2ish stones. It's not new.
  18. Professor_N

I guess I just haven't played enough with stones yet, I will be sure to test it a lot more with switch already in the deck. I still think it's just a better idea in general to have Bangle on Kyurem though.
  19. Drench

Drench Active Member

Nowadays, yes, Bangle is the way. I was just stating before PLB, Stone+Switch was a staple.
  20. pokemonguy

What I do is use the Stones as a back-up in-case I don't get 2 Kyurems so I only use 1 switch.