“That’s a Wrap!” – The Best Decks of Winter Regionals 2014

Discussion in 'UG Article Talk' started by HenryP, Jan 29, 2014.

1. HenryP

HenryP Member

2. DrRazorblade

DrRazorblade Consistency is best

Great article as always, been reading yours for a while. I find dragonite to be a very interesting deck too. It doesn't seems to have a particular meta game to play it in, its great all around. Only bad match up I see for it is a rayboar list that plays more then one copy of rayquaza drv, or virgen
  3. SGTflutters

SGTflutters Professor In Training

Great article, but one issue. You never listed what won in the senior division for all the regionals, not so I could see my name on the list, but because a lot of seniors view these posts and want to see what does well in there division. Masters and seniors play different decks a lot, as an example it was TDK in seniors for worlds, and Darkrai for Masters, showing that different decks do better in different divisions. Also that's just one example, there are many others just like it
  4. HenryP

HenryP Member

@DrRazorblade : Yeah Dragonite seems to do well against everything, the Rayboar matchup usually depends on when you get your locks going, if they can't set up it can be pretty easy for the Dragonite player to win. As for VirGen, that's why I prefer the Victini EX version, because you can sweep with your Victinis and sometimes not even need to set up a Dragonite to win.

@SGTflutters : A majority of my readers are in the Masters division and of the ones that aren't, most still want to see the decklists that did well in Masters, as they are usually higher caliber. No offense to Seniors at all, I was playing in Seniors only a couple years ago, but the demand for seniors information just isn't that great, sorry! http://www.sixprizes.com/2014/01/27...alifornia-regionals-1st-place-seniors-report/ was a great article about seniors, so you should check it out if you already haven't.
  5. SGTflutters

Well it would just be nice if you had said something like "In seniors these decks won blah blah" and then continued with your masters report. It's just something nice to just see what wins in other divisions, not going into depth, but just saying what won.
  6. kgenthe

kgenthe Member

@SGTflutters I never really understood the "what about seniors?" comments. The metagame is the same. The best decks are the same.
  7. JayHornung

JayHornung Active Member

Perhaps a "what did well in Seniors" would make a better front page article rather than an "underground" article. Might want to be something you would consider writing yourself...a Seniors view on a Senior meta would be different than a Masters view on it.
  8. SGTflutters

Not really, the winning decks are usually different, like I said in masters for worlds, darkrai won. In seniors for worlds, TDK won.
  9. DrRazorblade

DrRazorblade Consistency is best

Yeah I prefer the victini version too, it might be the best way to run dragonite, even with the new xy cards outs. I would run that version at states if I decided to run dragonite.