The Boundaries Crossed Birthday Bash

Discussion in 'UG Article Talk' started by JWittz, Oct 25, 2012.

1. JWittz

JWittz Active Member

This is the thread for discussing the following article:

The Boundaries Crossed Birthday Bash

Post your comments and questions below! Any and all honest feedback is much appreciated.
  2. TomTitTot

TomTitTot New Member

Thanks for the article, Josh.

I have similar opinions on the set, the silly hype around Ditto, etc. I wrote a small set review for the kids at my League, and it largely syncs up with your ideas, which is nice, as I was concerned I was underselling certain cards due to my relative lack of experience.

What do you think of Flygon/Celebi EX for spread, btw?
  3. JWittz

JWittz Active Member

Glad you enjoyed it!

My problem with the Flygon/Celebi spread lines with the same things I mentioned in the article. To even GET to use the Vibrava spread attack, you need to evolve three stages up, all while ALSO putting a 110hp card that gives up two prizes. Altogether, the end result of the combo isn't strong enough to warrant all of the risk you put yourself into for trying it. It should be a fairly cheap deck though, if you're looking for a fun concept to use with the kids at league!
  4. DCalpha

DCalpha Underground Member

Great article jW.

Yeah I was very disappointed that either was not released. Good to see other players still giving lando ex a try.
    If lando ex card see's as much play as its hype. Then I could defiantly see emopleon, rosrade, come up a quick hit smash.

People should not forget the power of ray eels its still one of the best decks in our format, with the presence of comp search makes it even stronger.
  5. myNiightMare

myNiightMare New Member

Celebi EX isn't the first EX with 110 HP, lol. You forgot about Shaymin EX. Overall good article!
  6. DrMime

DrMime Grand Poo-Bah

Josh, your Darkrai/Landorus looks like it brings forward all of the best parts of your Darkrai/Terrakion, which is great. But no Terrakion at all? Haven't you grown to love the Retaliation?