The Elusive Blackstar promo: N BW100

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by kalelkent1, Nov 13, 2013.

1. kalelkent1

kalelkent1 And then I topdecked

I was checking to see which blackstar promos I was missing on Bulbapedia
    and I saw N BW100 at the bottom of the list. I'm not sure how long it's been there, but it can't have been long.
    Anyway, apparently this card was a Pokemon League prize sometime this year, but I hadn't hear about it.
    Also, I can't find this card (the English version) anywhere on eBay, amazon, or any other card vending cite I can think of--not even UK sites like cardteam and Magic Madhouse. Does anyone know anything more about this elusive blackstar promo?

Attached Files:

2. MaverickNate

MaverickNate Active Member

This will be released later. It isn't released yet. Someone got it in their League supplies in their League Skylas. I would assume it's for the Fennekin Season starting in December.
  3. Googleplex

Googleplex Rule #3: Wear your heart on your cheek

If this is true, that's awful. Unless we get much better consistency Pokemon in XY, N for another year is going to grate.
  4. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Stop hating on N bro. He's awesome! (Both in the game and in card-form) ;)
  5. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

If we had better Supporters and draw options, then N wouldn't be so bad for the game.

Rocket's Admin was a disruption option that could be answered with Pidgeot. N is a staple draw card with a tendency to screw people over.
  6. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

I disagree about in the games.

He's 3creppy.
  7. weakest

weakest Bear enthusiast.

My biggest fear is using an N T1. My friend and I have the curse of the T1 N where we draw into straight nothing.
  8. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Reads the thread title and thinks about the Mew promo in the 3-pack blister because of not distributing it here in the US again apparently sigh...

I can confirm the below statement...
    However, it wasn't just one person, several leagues have the N.
  9. kalelkent1

kalelkent1 And then I topdecked

I see, so unlike the 3-pack blister proms, we will be seeing N BW100 eventually.
    When I read this from bulbapedia:

"This promotional print was eventually released as an English BW Black Star Promotional card given out at Pokémon Leagues during a currently unknown Season of the 2013-2014 League Cycle."

I guess I was thrown off by the past tense "eventually released" and "unknown season." I thought its distribution had ended, and only a select few had it. But the past tense must be a typo and the unknown season makes sense if it has not been distributed yet.
  10. hypnotoxic

hypnotoxic New Member

So I have this N, as I'm sure many others do by now. Do you guys think this means that N will still be in format after rotation?
  11. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Depends. When they tell us what sets they rotate, they will also give the numbers of the promos that rotate too. That may or may not include BW100.
  12. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

I think he may just get the Juniper treatment and be reprinted by some dude from XY.
    Gelato likes this.
  13. jonboy532

jonboy532 Is betting on a TDK deck with Muscle Band

Our league gave out Ns last meeting.
  14. Shieldmaiden

Shieldmaiden Member

Yeah, ours did too.
  15. Professor_N

Mines already on Enhanced Hammers. At least we're past Bianca.
  16. jonboy532

jonboy532 Is betting on a TDK deck with Muscle Band

E-Hammers???
    TELL ME ITS A PROMO!
  17. Professor_N

It is a promo. At least at my league it is.
  18. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

It's the same artwork though, my league is on EHammers as well, pretty dope.
  19. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

I think he's asking if it's a Black Star Promo, meaning it'd stay in the format longer.

No, I believe it still says it's from Dark Explorers. It does have the old style reverse like the N and Skyla, though.
  20. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

It's DEX I'm told.