The Elusive Blackstar promo: N BW100

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by kalelkent1, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I guess I didn't understand what he meant. It is from DEX, it has the symbol.
  2. jonboy532

jonboy532 Is betting on a TDK deck with Muscle Band

Darn. So it isn't going to be with us another year, probably.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It's the worst card in the format and I will happily shred all my copies when it goes.
  4. jonboy532

jonboy532 Is betting on a TDK deck with Muscle Band

Nonsense! :) I liked it! It made Sableye + recycle hammers extremely strong vs. TDK.
  5. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

@baby_mario
    If you don't like the current supporters, which ones have you liked?
    Having just stated playing competitively, I am very curious in your opinions.
  6. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

@Tsunami

Agh . . . waaaay off-topic, but what's the point of being a mod if I can't abuse my tiny bit of power?

There's two issues really: 1) the fact that we are over-dependent on draw Supporters and 2) the draw Supporters aren't that great

Juniper/Sycamore - I don't mind. By far the best Supporter we have and I don't see it as detrimental to the game.

N - hate the card. Terrible for the game. When Rocket's Admin (basically the same thing) was around back in the day, it was a disruption card which could be countered by Pidgeot FRLG. Now it's staple draw, which tells you everything you need to know about our current format. A comeback card should not be so easy to use as this, which basically punishes players for doing what they are supposed to do (take Prizes). It's not as if you can do much about it either because Pokemon-based draw is either awful (Electrode) or not splashable (Delphox).

Colress - ok, I guess, but horrible early game when you really can't afford not to draw well.

Shauna - ok, I guess

Bianca/Tierno/Cheren - Mediocre would be a generous description.

In the past we had Supporters that were either strictly better (Steven's Advice), or were more demanding to play (Looker's Investigation, Judge, Oracle). We also had draw/search engines that were not dependent on Supporters (Holon Transceiver, Claydol GE, Pidgeot FRLG, Magcargo DX, Uxie LA). This meant that we did not have to commit large chunks of the deck to draw Supporters, and freed up Supporter use for more technical cards (Mr Briney's Compassion, Seeker).

Imagine if we did not have to play a draw Supporter every turn: something like Cassius from XY would be a real option, and its use would require a degree of skill.

Imagine if we had good, consistent draw available for every deck. It would take away a lot of variance and Beach would never have been a $200 card.
  7. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

8. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

PFL! Plasma For Life. So screw Enhanced Hammer.
  9. tonenkyra

tonenkyra Squirtle Squad!

nope, the e-hammers are dex stamped with the league in the picture, just like the skylas and the biancas.