Role-playing The End Game (2)

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Online Tournaments' started by Tsunami, Apr 28, 2014.

1. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

Jak was brimming with anticipation. He gave a quick look around before hearing Alcinoe's remark. "Sayer and I got the skills to pay the bills! Isn't that right Sayer?" Jak said while walking up to the notepad to add his own name. He scrawled it out in a language unknown to everyone else. To him it read 'Jak Smiley' but virtually unreadable to everyone else. "Ready to rock, guys." Jak said
  2. "And you two gentlemen have yet to see us fight," Flameheart said as he scribbled down his name in ancient Greek. He took his hoodie off and it transformed into Betty, his trusty diamond axe. "I'm ready when you are," he said, resting the axe on his shoulder.
  3. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

[[Phone post incoming
    Also we need the profiles on the op]]
    As each of his comrades wrote their names on the board, he made his crooked smile. "Why bother writing names when we are going to win?" He unsheathed Laevatienn and burned the paper. He was going to win. He needed to. Uncovering part of his past frightened him. That maybe there were beings as strong-or even stronger-then he. However, he remained calm. For this monster was not going to stop him. His goal remained unchanged. Getting the egg to uncover the rest of his past.

Sayer made a comment on how he would enjoy this place. It was definitely cold. And wet. "I assure all of you that we are more then capable of taking this thing down. Ladies first?" He shot his crooked and cocky smile to Alcinoe.
  4. onlyinAMERICA

"We can stomp this thing guys! We have teamwork and friendship on our side!" Jak said with a smile to anyone who was listening.
  5. "Friendship and teamwork isn't enough to stop every monster," Flameheart replied, a deep sadness in his voice. "It takes bravery, and sometimes sacrifice." He sighed. "I know first hand."
  6. onlyinAMERICA

Jak looked at Flameheart with a look of complete understanding and his calming presence was there once again. "Nothing will happen to any of you as long as I live and breathe."
  7. Mares789

Mares789 To war!

Alcinoe thought about Messiah's words, and how he burned the paper. It sounded cocky at first, but it actually made sense. There were 6 of them, and only one monster. If they couldn't take this on, Alcinoe doubted anyone could. Maybe it was better to discourage any heroes that would come after them.

She didn't reply to Messiah, nor did she react to Flameheart's dramatic words or Jak's seemingly impulsive trust and hybris. While Flameheart's words did hold some truth, fancy phrases pondering about sacrifice and bravery wouldn't help either.

Alcinoe stepped inside the cave and didn't look back, as the darkness enveloped her and she focused on the challenge ahead.
  8. "That's what I said..." Flameheart trailed off. "That's besides the point. Let's go kick some monster butt, shall we?" Flameheart started towards the gate. Then, he walked into it, right behind Alcinoe.
  9. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

[[Before we do any battling I'd like the info on all the characters]]
    Re-sheathing Laevatienn, Messiah mentallly prepared himself for the battle up ahead.
    "Lets go"
  10. onlyinAMERICA

[[I agree. I would like our bios up before we jump into the fray.]]

Jak just looked at them walking off toward the entrance with a blank expression. He looked toward Sayer and brightened up again. "Come on Sayer! Let's show them what we're made of!"
  11. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

"Heck yeah!" He said doing a front flip over Jak and into the cavern, the whips streaming behind him.
  12. onlyinAMERICA

Jak starts to run toward the entrance when he looks back toward Histon, "Come Histon! Let's go kick some butt!"
  13. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Before he had the time to react, Histon watched the rest of the group descend into the dungeon. He quickly stepped behind them in time, and cast the spell he had been holding. An exact copy of Alcinoe appeared in front of her. The doppelgänger turned and pressed her forefinger to her lips. "We'd best be careful", she said in a hushed tone. None of them knew what they were getting into at all, and there was no such thing as too much precaution.
  14. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

As the gate is opened, a foul stench exits the cavern, and you recognize it from the goo around the circled signature. You see that there is a set of stairs, somewhat jagged, that lead down to a dark, unseen chamber. You see some corpses scattered farther down, trapped to the ground by the same, vile goo. One seems frozen, trapped in a way that makes it seem as if he was trying to flee from the chamber below.
  15. InfinityMinusOne

As the darkened room came into view, Histon whispered in a hushed tone, "Flameheart, we need some light. Could you lend me your fire?"
  16. HighShroomish

Sayer tensed as he saw the bodies. He whispered urgently.
    "Wait! We need to be careful! We have no idea if that thing is just beyond the darkness!"
    "Looks like some kind of slim-dragon... but this one seems a good bit stronger than normal..." He glanced expectantly at Histon.
    "Think the doppel will get it to come out? It would definitely help for us to be able to see it first and get it out of a place where it obviously is used to."
  17. InfinityMinusOne

"Thay's just it", Histone whispered back. "My illusions are created from the light of their surroundings. Without any surmountable amount of light at hand, they aren't as effective". Almost as if on cue, the illusion of Alcinoe began to dim and become transparent. The further they travelled down the corridor and towards the chamber, the image worsened. "I need light in order to hold this doppelgänger, and for that, I need Flameheart's fire".
  18. "Sure thing, Histon," Flameheart whispered back. The blades of his axe started to glow, and within fifteen seconds they were both flaming. "Let there be light," he whispered.
  19. HighShroomish

"Ah..."
    *gulp*
    Sayer readied his whips in hope to snag any of that goo out of the air if it did come flying up at them.
  20. InfinityMinusOne

"Excellent", Histon proclaimed in a hushed tone. The illusion of Alcinoe became clearer and more solid in appearance. He flipped through his book and came across another spell. With a few breaths, the blaze of Flameheart's axe intensified. With a wave of his hand, Histon separated the additional flames from the axe and tightened them into a bright, shining sphere. The orb shot upwards towards the ceiling of the cave, and slowed towards the center of the roof. There, it began to bob in a lackadaisical, circular pattern. It cast a dim glow over the room, but enough to enlighten (so to speak) the travelers of the contents of the chamber. Alcinoe's doppelgänger cautiously approached the center of the room, as would any other wary traveler.