Role-playing The End Game (2)

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Online Tournaments' started by Tsunami, Apr 28, 2014.

1. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Sayer began to emerge on to the edge of consciousness. He felt a presence. He knew something was going, but he wasn't sure what. He heard somebody talking... the voice sounded familiar... if he could just open his eyes... he let out a light moan, and fell back into the folds of unconsciousness.
  2. Mares789

Mares789 To war!

Alcinoe panicked as Jak grabbed her. She had calculated her trajectory, and when felt how she was tackled, she feared the worst. Jak and Alcinoe ended up against the wall, right when a sea of fire engulfed the mysterious creature.. And got repelled immediately. Jak then used some sort of shield, and the world went black.

When this cover was removed, Alcinoe only took a fraction of a second to take in the chaos. She felt fine, the blast had hardy damaged her. But Flameheart was charging the creature, seemingly planning to attack it directly. After the fiasco with all earlier attacks, this couldn't be a good idea. She also noticed Messiah, and she panicked. She recognised that pose; Messiah was about to summon Thanatos. She couldn't let this happen; if his most powerful attack got turned against him or any of the others.. The results would be disastrous. The fact that earlier, the blast reached Jak and herself, meant that an attack would get redirected in any direction. She couldn't risk Messiah, or anyone for that matter, taking that hit.

She took a few steps towards the middle of the cave, while Flameheart was about to jump. She then spinned as fast as she could, to face the wall, and started running. She converted her mana into electricity, and felt the sparks racing inside her armour and muscles. As she started moving faster, towards the sloped wall of the cave, she knew that it wouldn't be enough. So she did what was nessecairy. As she started running up the wall, she forced her own lifeforce into her muscles. And with that, everything came to a halt. The whole world slowed down, and Alcinoe realised that it had been long since she went this fast. She ran straight up the wall, and kept running. She yelled at Flameheart, "DON'T!! GRAB MY HAND!", hoping the sound would reach him in time.. Before she would. She was on the ceiling now, and had to focus. She had pulled this off before, but she couldn't lose focus. She had to grab the right rocks to pull herself forwards. Luckily the cavern wasn't enormous, she should be able to get to the other side before gravity got a hold of her.

As Alcinoe almost crossed Flameheart, who was now in midair, she extended her arm. She knew the timing had to be perfect for this. Too late, she realised she had extended her left arm, that was still covered in oil. If Flameheart were to grab her arm, surely it would light the oil.. But there was no other way. She just hoped he'd grab her hand, so she could get him out of there.

While she hadn't registered if Flameheart had actually grabbed her arm, she jumped off the ceiling, in Messiah's direction. She crashed into him, but her momentum would surely be enough to break his trance and call off the attack.. She rolled away, dragging Messiah along by his hoodie and felt the pure speed flow out of her body. They both came to a halt near where Sayer seemed to be lying unconcious. Her Energy Boost had faded already, and there were only a few sparks left from her Charging. She willed those to her hand, and touched Sayer's cheek, in the hope the shock would help him regain conciousness.
    Her muscles felt soar, but that was to be expected after what she had done. It had been needed. They needed a different approach, if they wanted to make it out alive.

[[I made it so that Flameheart has a choice wheter to grab the hand or not (I strongly advise he does), but Messiah doesn't get a say. I hope that determining specifics of the unspecified cave-wall was okay, I kinda needed it to pull this off..]]
  3. HighShroomish

Sayer jerked up.
    "Owowowowowowowowow!!" He rubbed his cheek vigorously. Where was- oh... He saw the big goo monster and remembered. He looked over at Jak, who seemed to be unscathed. "Whew, all good?" His hair still had grey streaks, but was now mostly golden. He began to summon his armor, then faltered. His mana was gone. He snagged his Mana Potion, and winced, his muscles felt slightly fried. Someone must've shocked him awake... well, at least he was conscious. He also grabbed a Health Potion, popped open both, and guzzled them down at the same time in just a couple of gulps. He let out a long belch immediately after. He felt the restoring affects of both instantly.
    onlyinAMERICA likes this.
  4. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

He was almost ready... just a few more seconds were left. Until Alcinoe tackled him. The haze started to fade, and the cracks started to disappear. He muttered, "Ugh, dammit. You hit hard for a lady..."
  5. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

[[That is fine]]
  6. HighShroomish

Sayer gasps, remembering his dream. "The cave. The cave is the secret!" He whispers.
  7. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

As you all continue to look around, you gets better idea of your surroundings. The cave is almost like a half dome, with numerous stalactites above your heads. The walls of the cave are climb able, but not easy for those without much practice. The floor is cold and hard, and the outside edges of the cave have bits of the dried goo around them. Right at the entrance to the cavern is a shred of red ribbon. It has a bit of the green goo on it, but is otherwise nothing special.
  8. HighShroomish

Sayer looked back at the ribbon. "Any of you guys happen to be acrobatic?" Thinking of the way Fhe had jumped through the air.
  9. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

"I can be pretty acrobatic if I want to be," Jak said looking at Sayer. What do you need?
  10. Flameheart heard Alcinoe yelling and figured that she had found a way to stop the monster, and getting eaten was not it. Flameheart was relieved. He reached out and grabbed her hand as she ran above him. The next thing he knew, he was slamming into Messiah. "Are you okay, Alcinoe?" Flameheart asked as he stood up. "And what's the plan? I seriously doubt it's better than getting eaten."
  11. HighShroomish

"Oh it is. Trust me. Let me amend my original statement- that ribbon over there, that's the secret."
    Then he realizes that if they run up to the mouth of the cave, they're gonna get gooed on. Obviously not good. He knew what to do.
    The monster was still jiggling and growing, slowly filling the cavern.
    "Here's the plan. I use Ultimate Demise. You guys need to get out of here, but one of you needs to get me the ribbon. Bring it back to me, just drap it over my shoulder or something, and push me, then run like this thing is about to goo you like he did those guys. Cause he will be. Then leave the rest to me. There is no time to argue so don't even try."
    Sayer was summoning water as he was saying this. It began to flow into the cave. It began to swirl around the monster. They needed to run.
  12. "I'll go," said Flameheart. "Any objections?"
  13. onlyinAMERICA

"I can throw you, Sayer." Jak said to Sayer.

[[I really want Jak to fastball special someone :p]]
  14. HighShroomish

"When I said run, I meant NOW!!!" Sayer commanded. And then he was absorbed in concentration.
  15. "Guess that's my Que then. Lady and gentlemen, prepare to witness my rugged handsomeness grab that ribbon," Flameheart said as he bolted over to the ribbon. He grabbed onto it and turned around to run towards Sayer.
  16. HighShroomish

The water flowed around the creature, creating a protective wall and serving as an attack at the same time. Slightly surprised, Sayer began to feel slightly light headed, as if he wasn't getting enough oxygen, but he kept his focus.
  17. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Histon rolled his eyes at Flameheart's shameless display. He usually tried his best to make sure one individual never took on a boss by his or herself, but to be honest, he himself was running out of options. He exited the room and waited at the base of the staircase.
  18. onlyinAMERICA

Jak followed Histon to the staircase. He was worried about what would happen to his dear friend.
  19. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

Messiah, again feeling helpless, left the cave. "You come back safe!"
  20. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

As the other adventurers fled the cavern, Sayer, feeling enlightened by his dream, stood somewhat confidently against the blob of gel. As he watched, the gel grew larger and larger, until it dwarfed Sayer in size. Then, making an almost deafening pop, the goo seemed to deflate, slowly growing a human-like arm. Paralyzed in fear, you see it stretch out the hand. As the hand stretches towards you, you see the amulet in the hand of the new beast. The ah and seems to grasp for you, before missing and retracting, getting ready to defend itself