Role-playing The End Game

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Online Tournaments' started by 765Bro, Jan 4, 2013.

1. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

[[ Sorry folks, I am a LOT more swamped than I expected in regards to homework and my new job. I won't try and convince you with a list of the things that I need done by Friday and Monday, but it's a bit of a doozy! However, this does not mean that I've stopped shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday on that bonus update. Just wanted to check in with ya'll and letcha know I'm still as committed and happy with this as ever! ]][DOUBLEPOST=1383197587,1383020921][/DOUBLEPOST][[ I'm so happy I could fit this in after all! I love the drama unfolding, but here's something to entertain our other players while that raps up. And just a reminder: You don't have to be the level stated on the weapon to equip. That's just some flavour text to kind of the gauge the power or rarity of a weapon.]]

[[ By the way, a slight
    clarification on the Accuracy Potion because I realize I didn't word it well: The accuracy and damage bonus last for only one turn, and that's whether you attack with it or not. All potions with the "temporarily imbues" line will function that way unless otherwise stated. ]]

Inside the item shop, a small boy of about 14 years of age with short black hair and a small stature stepped out from the back room heaving a large, silk bag over his shoulder with obvious difficulty. It seemed very likely that he was related to the shop owner, possibly his grandson. He politely greeted the adventurer's browsing over last day's stock and hoisted the bag atop the table with a quiet grunt, reaching in and pulling out various new weaponry and price tags as he gathered up the old ones and put them into the same sack. It became very clear that the bag must be enchanted somehow when he placed in the Half Double Full Broad Axe and it didn't slice to ribbons. Once he finished laying out the wares, he politely nodded to the shoppers and took the seat back behind the desk with a quiet but friendly smile. Behind him still sat the Artifact that the older man had seemed so protective of, glittering beneath it's veil.

NEW WARES
    TABLE 1:

Queen Bee's Stinger
    A smaller lance made from a Queen Bee. The venom is drained out, but can always be re-applied. Queen Bee's are so rare, that very few of these exist.

Bug
    Level 85

+Adds a chance to paralyze when coated in any poison
    +6 Speed
    +1 HP
    -1 Strength
    -2 Accuracy
    -1 Magic

Price: 45,000 gold

Magic Lens Flare Gloves
    One of the very few (But slightly obnoxious) tools forged upon the legendary anvil of Adobe.With a flick of your wrists, you can make really badass looking scenes. With a clap of your hands, you can scorch an entire room.
    Light
    Level 86

+Can apply powerful blinding effects
    +6 Magic
    -4 IQ

Price: 45,000 gold

TABLE 2:
    Fire Potion
    A black potion that temporarily imbues a weapon or object with a Fire-typing as well as a small damage bonu-- You know what, you're pretty sure this is just a bottle of oil. There's even a match taped to the side.

Price: 2,000 gold each

Mana Potion
    A blue potion that recovers a large amount of mana over a medium period of time. It's not as viscous as it looks.

Price: 1,000 gold each

Health Potion
    A red potion that restores a large amount of health over a short period of time. They're handy in a pinch, but taste far too sweet.

Price: 1,000 gold each

TABLE 3:
    White Balasham Bandana
    A long, silky band to be worn over the eyes. A timeworn symbol of the Balasham, an ancient sect of expert fighters.
    Fighting
    Level 88

Defense required: 30
    +15 Accuracy in close-quarters
    -0 Accuracy even at a range

Price: 60,000 gold

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    HighShroomish likes this.
  2. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

[[Can messiah be in the shop? I did leave the hospital]]
  3. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

[[ I'd prefer if you waited for Alcinoe's reply, unless you were okay with some serious combo-breaking. Just in case she might have plans to stop Messiah from leaving or something like that. @Mares789 , you still around? ]]
    MetalArmedAngel likes this.
  4. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

[[I should have my post in by tomorrow]][DOUBLEPOST=1383436679][/DOUBLEPOST]Jak narrowly beat Sayer into the small store. "You seem to be getting a bit slow Jak! I'm almost as fast as you!" Sayer said jokingly. Then he noticed all the things being sold in the shop. "Holy Neptune, look at all this! I haven't seen so many adventurers items since the Atlantis Armory!" Sayer exclaimed.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    765Bro likes this.
  5. As Flameheart walked into the shop, he heard Sayer's remark. "If you think this is a lot, you should see my dad's forges," Flameheart said.
  6. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

[[You do know Jak is like incredibly fast and Sayer probably wouldn't even be able to catch up to him enough to narrowly lose.... Also we never settled on how much money Jak and Sayer have.]]

As Jak entered the store he glanced around at all the interesting items, "Don't these toys look like they would be fun to play with!" he exclaimed with a hearty laugh.
  7. HighShroomish

[[but the store wasn't very far from where Jak and Sayer were, and Sayer had already started walking there. Jak probably wouldn't have gotten very far ahead. I think @765Bro decides what money Jak and Sayer have.]]
  8. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

Histon picked up one of the "Fire Potions", giving it a suspicious look. If anything, this was just a bottle of oil posted as a "potion" of sorts. He knew that if he were to buy this that he would definitely not drink it. Yet… It could always have it's uses. Placing the bottle back down, he walked to the counter where a young boy who he could only assume was the elder shopkeeper's grandson. histon shuffled through his incredibly small inventory, finding the immaculate diamond that he had received as a portion of the reward for defeating the Dragon Swallower. He had originally intended to use it for some other purpose, but that would have to wait for another day. After all, he was particularly low in terms of savings, and if he had the desire to purchase anything in the future, he would need the gold.

He greeted the young shopkeeper with, "Hello. I was wondering if I could sell this diamond. What do you think would be a fair price?"
  9. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

[[ Does 30,000 gold to the each of you sound fair, @HighShroomish and @onlyinAMERICA ?

Update probably wednesday, hnnrngmmhh work. ]]
  10. HighShroomish

[[I definitely wouldn't mind! And is that all that's in the shop atm?]]
  11. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

[[30,000 gold sounds pretty awesome to me! Especially with our characters just beginning and all. I'll post something tomorrow morning after I get off of work.]]
  12. Mares789

Mares789 To war!

[[guys I'm so so sorry. Going through some personal sh!z. Will try to be back ASAP. @MetalArmedAngel especially sorry to you. Feel free to go ahead and shop.]]
  13. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

[[Nabro its cool take your time]][DOUBLEPOST=1383567426][/DOUBLEPOST][[Wait 30,000??? That's more than what we have right now o_O]]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  14. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

[[ Oh, LOL. That was legitimately a typo. Just caught it now.
    Yeahh... That was supposed to say just 3,000 each. I wanted to give the veterans a bit of a palpable advantage for surviving the first boss. That still okay with you guys? ]]

The younger boy behind the counter nodded his head to Histon. "Yeah, sure!" He said, taking the large diamond up to his face and inspecting it quietly. "For this, I think I can do 17,500 gold in store credit." He scratched his head a little sheepishly. "We just don't have the pure gold to finance something this big. but you probably don't have the pockets either!" He scrawled out his signature messily, which seemed to spell "PAUL" on a slip of blank paper and wrote the number 17,500 on it, sliding it towards Histon as his offer. "You want?"
  15. HighShroomish

[[yeah, I'm fine with that too.]]
  16. InfinityMinusOne

Histon was a bit skeptical about the slip of paper that the boy had just handed him, but figured there was likely not going to be any better method of obtaining any usable currency.

"By all means", he said with a smile. "And if you wouldn't mind terribly, I'd lie to use some of this credit right now". He revealed a Health, Mana, and "Fire" potion. I believe these total up to 4,000, correct?
  17. HighShroomish

[[and is that all that's in the shop right now? I heard something about a Half Double Full Broad Axe :p]]
  18. InfinityMinusOne

[[Yes. As per the update, all items that were previously in the store were removed nd replaced with the items you see now]]
    765Bro likes this.
  19. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

"Certainly!" The teenager nodded. He quickly took the piece of paper back, scratching out the "17,500" and scrawling out "13,500" underneath it. He handed the piece of paper back. "All set!"
  20. Mares789

Mares789 To war!

[[As I said, personal stuff. Nevertheless, I'm so sorry for the delay I have caused. I'm assuming Messiah leaves after what Alcinoe says.]]

Alcinoe almost smirked at the irony. She wasn't bad at lying at all. Maybe it was just because she was slightly emotional. Or just maybe she wanted Messiah to pick up on the lie.. She quickly dismissed that thought, and replied: "As I said, win people over. And clearly it worked, since you still don't believe me."

Alcinoe then turned her back on Messiah and sat down on the nearby bed.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013