The L96A1 ( Mandibuzz BW/ Absol TR)

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Eddsfle, May 10, 2011.

1. Eddsfle

Eddsfle Member

So i've been playing Zekrom recently and done pretty well but in a VileGar infested meta I wanted to make a Darkness deck, so here's the list:

Pokemon- 18
    4-4 Mandibuzz
    2-2 Liepard
    4 Absol
    1-1 Dodrio

Trainers- 30
    4 PONT
    4 P. Communication
    3 P. Collector
    2 Twins
    3 Pokegear
    2 PETM
    4 P. Reversal(Catcher once released)
    1 F. Lady
    3 Seeker
    2 Switch
    2 Pluspower

Energies-12
    4 Sp. Darkness
    8 Darkness

So the strategy is to start Absol and start placing damage on new bench pokemon and afterwards snipe with Mandibuzz. Liepard is there to drag a bad pokemon to active so you can snipe bench pokemon. Dodrio line to switch between Liepard and Mandibuzz.
    So should I add or remove something, what do you guys think?
  2. bradclarkston

bradclarkston Member

I don't think Mandibuzz by himself is a strong enough main line attacker to stand up to this format or the next. He's a great second line backup but you need something up front.
  3. SomeR3j3cT

SomeR3j3cT Member

I tried a variant with kingra prime and mandibuzz which was featured on a 6p article. The deck worked great setting up, but as the opponent sent up attackers that 1 hit ko the manibuzz I was left with only kingdra to clean up witha mere 60 damage attack.

I switched out the kingra for t tar and it worked great. t tar can spread with darkness howl for the clean up when he gets knocked out and power claw or megaton tail to victory.

When he goes down mandibuzz snipes the wounded for the last prizes, or punishments the stage 2 that are (by the end of the game) evolved.

By no means am I saying it wouldnt work with mandibuzz as the main attacker, just that it fits a much needed nich for a late game winner once something else has wrecked the field.
  4. Eddsfle

Eddsfle Member

Well, i'd have to disagree a little because pretty much every deck needs some pokemon to set it up with only a couple of exceptions so they'll have to continue dropping other pokemon to take prizes from, and high HP pokemon are generally stage 2's which can be dealt with Mandibuzz' second attack.
    I know it's not the best deck but it isn't that bad either.
  5. CaptainX24

CaptainX24 Well-Known Member

Seems like a fun, cool idea. I imagine an Ampharos Prime line would work well for mid and late game, since Absol wouldn't be your active much later on. In case you don't know, Ampharos Prime makes it so whenever your opponent attaches an energy from his/her hand, they also put a damage counter on that Pokemon.
  6. Eddsfle

Eddsfle Member

The idea of the Ampharos line is great! Didn't see that possibility but it could definitely fit in the deck to get those last prizes.