“The Sand-less-lot” – Cost-Effective Deck Options for Fall Regionals

Discussion in 'UG Article Talk' started by Adam, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

2. manukeriemis

manukeriemis New Member

nice article , pff i really dont know what to play for regionals , but i sure it will be no plasma deck :p
  3. Parenting101

Parenting101 Active Member

Good article Adam. I'm happy to hear that you are starting to play again. I have been trying to find an edge against the big four decks as well, but still haven't had that big break through moment yet. :(

Good luck at Regionals!
  4. tandrew182

tandrew182 New Member

Adam, what do you think of Sawk from Plasma Blast? I use it in my Empoleon Deck that I'm playing right now. It's used as a counter of sorts against Plasma and somewhat against Darkrai. Especially when it has that Silver Bangle on it. I think it would fit nicely into your Stunfisk deck.
  5. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

@tandrew182 I haven't tried Sawk in the deck, but I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference against Plasma. Kyurem is the card that wrecks the Stunfisk deck, and unfortunately it is a non-EX, so Sawk could only 3-hit it. Maybe if I could stick a Silver Mirror on it that would work, but the scenario seems dicey.

Sawk with Virbank + Laser could 2-hit Kyurem which might be a legitimate tactic against. The list would have to be drastically altered though and I'm worried the Blastoise matchup would quickly go south if I changed too much. (At that point I think you're better off just playing a different deck if Plasma is a worry.) If I get a chance to fool around with it I'll let you know how it goes though.
  6. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

Great article Adam! Fun and informative. It got me thinking about some rogue ideas. I'm posting one on tcg with hats today probably :p

Just a clarification on scenario #2 in top cut. I believe the wording is "greater than 50%," so you need to have taken a minimum of 4 prize cards for the game to be validated. On phone so can't check ATM, but I recall that being the case.
  7. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Thanks @Crawdaunt and good catch – I misspoke there. It should be greater than 50% (not at least). Fixed it for future readers!