The Seniors Division Metagame Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by PP101, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I think the secret is out.
  2. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

Redmond WA is basically

1. Zeels
    2. crap versions of zeels
    3. fighting vairents
    4. Darkri Tornadus
    5. stupid little kids who randomly put their Darkri EX FA in there leaveny/emboar deck just because its shiny.
    6. stupid little kids who won't trade thier Darkri EX FA because its super good in leavany/emboar deck.
    7. stupid little kids who won't trade their Darkri EX FA because its shiny.
    8. stupid little kids who won't trade their reverse Piplup for anything except a Mewtwo EX FA or a Darkri EX FA.
    9. stupid little kids who you get the point...

And if you think the Pokemon is bad don't even get me started on Washington states legislature...

:mad:o_O:confused::eek::( are the typical expressions I have at league....
    TheBlazingFist and darkwing34 like this.
  3. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Darkwing, PM'ing you.

@BabyMario, he meant me AFAIK.
  4. Salamancer

Salamancer Dragon Master

Let's get started talking abou what's gonna be good for seniors at nats. Here in Ohio, it's all over darkrai. Teched darkrai, straight darkrai, darkrai tornadus etc. Darkrai seems so dominant right now, I wouldn't be surprised to be seeing darkrai do extremely well in seniors.
  5. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

^Assuming this isn't Northern Ohio? (Other than North Ridgeville, all I've seen is CMT being played, though it hasn't won)

I think Darkrai will be represented, I'm just wondering how many people play Darkrai/terrakion...or that Thundurus/Terrakion thing...
  6. Salamancer

Salamancer Dragon Master

I have also seen quite a bit of cmt (I live in Cleveland) I played it 3 times out of my 2 brs. I just meant that I saw a lot of darkrai being teched in everywhere. Do you live in northern ohio? I might know you.
  7. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

I live in MI, but I travel far too much :p. I bet I've met you. See your convos. You probably saw me with Darkrai/Sableye in N Ridgeville if anywhere. (By the way, that deck certainty has an interesting set of matchups!!)
  8. steven112

steven112 Raquaza EX is beast

9. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

rasslefrassle... i wanted no rotation...
  10. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

I read the thing and it said the new season started July 9th. . . does that mean if we win a BRs, we'd get 2 CPs for the next season?
  11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

There are no BR's after July 9th. IMO this clause is to cover the "Arena Cups" (If they happen again) in Europe, and Worlds CP.
  12. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

No. The clause is to award CP to players at worlds.
  13. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

YEAH!!!!! thanks so much for posting this xD now I can finally rid myself of all HGSS-CL bulk and what not :3

so we'll rotate July 9th? Or September 1st? I didn't get that part :/ (I think what they said was the new season will be start on July 9th but the rotation wont happen until september, but 'm not sure.....)
  14. steven112

steven112 Raquaza EX is beast

Yeah you are right the new season won't start till july 9th but we won't rotate till september 1st
  15. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

ah okay thanks :)

*spreads the word*
  16. Meganium

Meganium New Member

that means states was my last tournament of the season. darn.
    now i have three months to figure out something to play lol
  17. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

DOES ANYONE NEED COLLECTORS?
  18. Reshiphlosion

Reshiphlosion The Swarm

Ditto, anyone out there in need of them? :p
  19. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

You would become my assistant!!!

20. MistaMalice

MistaMalice Member

My boys are 6 and 8 and my youngest plays Reshiboar (Reshiram is his favorite Pokemon) and my older son plays a Raichu Prime/Eelektrik deck (pretty much a Zekeels build with Raichu in it instead as that's his favorite Pokemon). Our scene is a bit small and they play almost all Seniors though. The best Senior player plays CMT (I think he's switching to a Darkrai variant now though) and there's a bit of Empoleon and Zekeels players too.

Off topic, but our Masters is almost all Dakrai variants, Zekeels, CMT, and an odd rogue here and there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.