Theorymon for Draginite EX (Rising Fist)

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by Brochacho01, Jun 12, 2014.

?

Do you think this deck has a possible chance of doing well next year?

1. Yes

26.9%
  2. No

30.8%
  3. Maybe

42.3%
  1. Sirpluff

Sirpluff New Member

Im pretty sure Milotic could not only work decent here, but work well in Greninja/Miltank decks.

EDIT: Nevermind. You discard cards from your hand, not from Greninja.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

one card that I just noticed that is coming out is this:

Dedenne - Lighting - HP70
    Basic Pokemon

[C] Call for Family: Search your deck for up to 2 Basic Pokemon and put them on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
    [C] Energy Shot: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
    Resistance: Metal (-20)
    Retreat: 1

It is a good way to beat an yveltal with 4 energies on 1-shorting your dragonites, because if you attach a muscle band, you 1 shot the yveltal. You also get the ability to use call for family if you want.
  3. rustedspork

rustedspork Member

Way too situational and erratic. If a card is only useful against against something that requires 4+ energy and a weakness, I don't see it finding a place.

Plus, Call for Family is counter-intuitive with Dragonite. Dragonite needs to be in your hand to use his ability.
  4. Brochacho01

I know, but let's say you need to get a viridian down, or a feebass down, or maybe a safeguard pokemon down, that can help. But since dedenne has only 1 energy colorless attacks, you can drop it as a surprise attacker for yveltals, and while I recognize that this is very situational, I still think it should be given some thought in a deck that can get rolled by yveltal EX
  5. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

I think Dragonite is a utility more than a star.

He in a much more flexible fashion, helps grass decks beat rain dance decks. You can take Rayquaza and BKs with red signal into benched Dragonite plays.
    He also allows for max potion be abused. Drudiggon can do the same thing sure, but you have to play DCE for it to work as well as it does in other decks.
  6. Krusiv

Krusiv New Member

After the BW-on Extended announcement you could try something like Virizion/Dragonite/Eels because that's totally not outclassed by Rayquaza at all. :V
  7. Ein

Ein The Mega Man Master

8. Brochacho01

That would help a lot. Because then you wouldn't have to run as many cassius first of all. And, second of all, you could pick the dragonite up into your hand and be able to guarantee play it down from your hand that turn, making the deck work a lot better. I think that if we do get SSU that the deck would suddenly become more viable.
  9. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Wrong, druddgion yes, rayquanza hahaha no, it's really who sets up first, who knocks out the first EX and who can keep it up turn after turn, a year ago I did this alot but, up until midgame be behind by 3-4 prizes come back and take 6 prizes in 3 turns, don't predict the game when anything is possible especially in such a luck based engine.
  10. 8M8

8M8 Garchomp deck user

Dragonite-EX/Altaria?
  11. FullArticuno

FullArticuno New Member

Yeah run it with Altaria and Super Scoop Up. You'd just have to get the basic energy in play.
  12. Brochacho01

that actually sounds a lot more viable than what I was thinking. but then again I built the deck before I knew about super scoop up. So, now I think this deck may actually have some merit to it.
  13. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

You could tech in milotic too, discard basic energy, and BAM! You sacrifice her, get 2 [G] and 1 [L] on the field and begin the cycle.
  14. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

^Before milotic I would consider Flygon Furious fist with rainbow shower.