Theorymon for rising fist: your doing it wrong *prize giveaway question in post*

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by DrawingBards, Jun 24, 2014.

1. DrawingBards

DrawingBards I'm new

These theory decks really make me laugh, the lists I've seen suck imo, focusing too much on the new cards and not how they can be turned ultra deadly with old cards as well, my (theory)fighting deck has a non ex that can hit 180+ pretty easily with a non ex mon.

1 question does strong energy stack?

If you can guess the hitter I'm planning to use ill give you 3 ex cards of my choosing (prob magnezone thundurus zard)
  2. Floral

Floral Member

Stunfish DRX. Terrakion NVI.
    ThePirateKingAtomsk likes this.
  3. Salamencetrainer34

Salamencetrainer34 An ogre-achiever

Lucario PLS (Ability) and cofagrigus. Strong energy stacks
  4. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

Yes they stack. The pokemon you are going to use is a fighting type :p
    DrawingBards likes this.
  5. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

terrakion stacks energy for 180 plus stuff, it's retaliation just makes me want to play it, 150 with the fixens, woo'e.

The issue with a lot of these decks is good players will post bad lists or no list at all and just talk about the list in general, they will always talk about the outline of what you should have for consistency but never tell you what exactly you need to win (probably because they think it means something), better players will post a list because they know that if your that good of a player you can easily win a tournament with a bad list (the truth). So in closeing don't ask for something that if you were in there shoes do the same thing, or in my shoes do none of the above because posting lists take's time that I am to lazy to waste.
  6. DrawingBards

DrawingBards I'm new

I see where your coming from but I'm not asking for lists I make my own I'm just wondering why nobody is thinking outside the box in regards to what they post, which you kind of touched on in your reply
  7. OshaWaterBottle

OshaWaterBottle Active Member

Lucario PLS? That is a very good Pokemon with Strong Energy.[DOUBLEPOST=1403670131][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh sorry I didn't see your post haha
  8. yoyos

I actually think you don't. The thing is this, a majority of players think that if they show there lists online people will be able to see the flaws in the decklist and take advantage of the list they think it gives them a winning advantage in tournaments which sometimes work out, truth is consistency wins over teching for a deck that might be played in 1 or 2 of your matchups or none at all. Lists deck ideas, in this format are the exact same thing. Everything is online everything can be viewed almost instantaneously to the conversation, most of our sets are easy to view and discuss, such as this, 2-3 months before the set comes out so we are already fully aware of what we get per set even before we go to a pre-release. If you want to talk about interesting out of the box deck ideas it there fore will not be widely discussed as a lot of players will want that originality to themselves, and especially on a forum where the majority of players here only max a 300CP average per year, not trying to be rude just using stats and common sense to say that people want to basically have some kind of edge on the format, and that seems to me to be the thing I see on here.

I on the other hand have no problem in sharing lists, deck building advice and so on, it is the players level that really makes that list do better in any matchup regardless of what is being played or discussed.

I personally think trainers aside that furious fist is a terrible set and if any of those cards become decent it is because of the trainers.
  9. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Terrakion Ex?
    Crustle and Machamp
    Rhyperior and Victini
    Gallade
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. Frosty79x

Frosty79x Member

Blaziken from Furious Fists?
  11. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Wait . . . this is a thread to criticize the way people are building decks with a set that isn't even released yet?*

You've got nearly three months before it even matters.

Pokemon silly season never disappoints.

*complete with an obnoxious implied brag about the OP's superior creativity and deckbuilding skill.
  12. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

That could have been said about most decks. Several of the trainers sure are the backbone of the new decks and without them most of the new Pokémon would not be that viable. For instance [F] decks need Korrina and most of the new trainers that assist them to do well and to be consistent but these cards have been made with said trainers in mind.
  13. yoyos

^this is actually not true, your T/S/S makes your deck efficient in getting things going but the backbone of your deck is consistency, not your trainers specifically, not the energy specicfically and not the pokemon, but the decks overall consistency, you can say that you can have everything in mind to get things going, that's fine, but unless you have overall consistency you have just a bunch of fancy cards and not a very good deck.
  14. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Not sure I understand this. Where does the 'consistency' come from? If not 'specifically' from the Trainers, Pokemon, or Energy, is it a matter of card counts? That's definitely part of it, but I don't think it's right to discount T/S/S.

What is the difference between 'efficiency' and 'consistency' here? I would have though 'consistency' is to do with your deck functioning reliably over time (i.e. getting the cards that you need during a game). A card like Korrina obviously helps with that, as can other specific Trainers (Bicycle, Computer Search, Juniper etc etc).
  15. Dark_Espeon

Dark_Espeon Darkness Trainer

The deck has to be efficient and consistent. That is true for sure. However similar to the fact that electricity does not not come from the plug socket consistency does not come out of nowhere either. I think that in this format trainers are the ones that make deck more or less consistent.

In case of the new set Korrina combined with Random Receievers can make [F] decks real consistent in terms of increasing the odds to draw in needed cards in time. Trainers did the same for [D] decks.

In a similar vein trainers also make decks more efficient in terms of damage and energy acceleration. This holds true for [D] decks and [F] decks which received a ton of acceleration cards in Furious Fist. These cards make both decks more viable.

Furious Fist is in fact much better than Flashfire which had several excellent trainers but not that much else that remains relevant with the new rotation.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  16. desufnoc

desufnoc Ditto used Transform!

When do I get my prize?
  17. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

Who was right to begin with, or was this just a scam to get us thinking outside the box!
  18. yoyos

Consistency is a deck thing definitely, card counts go hand in hand with having a consistent list. Having an efficient amount of trainers do help your list in getting the pokemon and energy into your hands based off of what increases acceleration and what works for your pokemon and energy. But those 2 things only go so far, synergy is what steps it up into making the deck really come together, creating combos, strategies and making the most out of your list, not to say that Furious fist has bad T/S/S no, but they aren't the only thing that wins the game, pokemon do, and if you don't have the best combination of all things mentioned and more then it won't do that well overall, I don't see furious fist having a lot of good pokemon cards But it's T/S/S has a lot to offer, that's really what I have been trying to get at this entire time.

I don't think furious fist is better then FlF, they both balance eachother out, FLF definitely divulged on pokemon cards for various functions and even moved a little away from EX's, furious fist on the other hand lacks those kinds of pokemon cards but makes up for it with trainers, I don't think the trainer cards from furious fist offer more then that of FLF, then again a lot of trainer options still seem rather conservative on the approach towards deck building and haven't made much of a change, yet the decks I see winning tournaments say something very different, time will tell how good these cards may be, but cards like korrina are already good.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  19. Let's get this straight. So you're saying other people's theorymon lists are inferior to yours, are you? At least give us your list first. Furious Fists is months away, so how can you say any deck will be good before testing?
    You say you're new. So why so arrogant?
  20. MawileCeyvis

MawileCeyvis New Member

Simple: Solrock XY and Lunatone