Tsunami Bomb - Feraligatr Prime, Kyurem NVI, Kyurem EX

Discussion in 'UG Deck Discussion' started by Adam, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Sample Deck List (updated through NXD - April 2012)

Pokemon – 14

3 Totodile HS
    3 Feraligatr Prime
    3 Kyurem EX
    2 Kyurem NVI
    1 Mewtwo EX
    1 Shaymin UL
    1 Cleffa

Trainers – 34

4 Pokemon Collector
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory
    3 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    1 Seeker

4 Junk Arm
    3 Super Scoop Up
    3 Heavy Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Switch
    1 Pokegear 3.0
    1 Super Rod

Energy – 12

8 Water
    4 Double Colorless

via: Don't Call It a Comeback

Basic Strategy

The strategy is to tank Kyurem EX via Super Scoop Up or Switch/Seeker, and refuel it with Feraligatr Prime the same turn that it is picked up.
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Re: Tsunami Bomb - Feraligatr Prime, Kyurem NV

Tech Options

4. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Update bump!
  5. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

Would it be worth trying this with Vileplume?
  6. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

I think that was how the deck was originally built... I think I recall Dakota had a version like that. Ask Alex Fields (butlerforhire) what he thinks since he has been the one testing it.
  7. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

As tempting as it seems, I'm going to say no :\

Sure the only other Stage 2 is Feraligatr, and it'd work well to protect Gatr from catcher, but you also lose the ability to use Switch, Super Scoop Up, Energy Retrieval & Heavy Ball. Though it's kind of a shame, this deck is probably better run as a Reshiboar-style variant with more emphasis on tanking hits.

Just my opinion. I've played with a lot of Trainer Lock and this sort of idea just doesn't perform up to snuff (for me at least).
  8. Cartoon_Eric

Cartoon_Eric Member

How about a tech idea of Vanilluxe with the Slippery Soles Ability? Especially if you want to do things like spam Hail Blizzard.
  9. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

This format + a stage two tech --->flooooop
  10. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Exactly LOL

Yeah, unfortunately the days of 1-0-1 Stage 2 techs are over. Hopefully, that'll change in the future. :D
  11. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

So two Kyurem/Gatrs made top 16 in two separate regionals.
    I think this deck deserves a bit more of an inspection. Anyone here have enough experience to write an article on it?
  12. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

I'd really love to see a full article on it with some updates from Dark Explorers. It looks like a pretty good tank deck considering how fast it is once you have Ferg.
  13. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

I think that KyuGatr gets residually underestimated due to the ReshiBoar-like engine. We all know ReshiBoar was mainly good in theory and hasn't performed up to snuff, but KyuGatr is a bit different. The biggest difference I see is that:

In ReshiBoar, you discard your energies anyways.
    In KyuGatr, your energy accel lasts the Pokemon's whole life.

Energy accel from the hand isn't as efficient as from the discard because it's not always available, but as long as you're not discarding your energies to attack, it should work to provide respectable power. This deck also isn't weak to ZekEels, despite being water. So as much as I keep thinking I'd like to make a build with fighting techs, it's probably not entirely necessary.
  14. 765Bro

765Bro Hibiki...~

Especially so as Kyurem is especially well at tanking, which means it's life could outstrip it's value as an attacker for the role of a tank.
  15. bryracer

bryracer Member

i realize its another stage 2... but does anyone think empoleon is worth pursuing for the extra draw power? attack isnt bad either.. although it would be catcher bait for Zeels.
  16. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

Eh... Empoleon doesn't mesh well with the deck since Feraligatr's energy accel is unnecessary for Empoleon's attack. That and you're running 2 stage 2's and I cringe. Empoleon/Kyurem with Exp Share to accel might work out (though it'd probably have a bad Zeels matchup nonetheless).
  17. bryracer

bryracer Member

Hey Adam, my Seniors son is thinking of running this deck at BRs... i was goingto ask Alex how this deck is doing in his testing but i am not sure how to contact him.
  18. koji

koji last name ever, first name greatest

maybe this wouldn't be a good deck accelglor beats it, its a stage two deck and it take a couple turns to get set up.

just my overview.
  19. bryracer

bryracer Member

lol, my son said the same thing about Accelgor... i wonder how popular accelgor will be?