Turbo 'Pluff - Jumpluff HS, Uxie LA

Discussion in 'UG Deck List Depository' started by Adam, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Turbo 'Pluff - Sample Deck List (updated through Triumphant)

Pokemon – 21
    4 Hoppip HS
    3 Skiploom HS
    4 Jumpluff HS
    3 Uxie LA
    2 Crobat G PL
    1 Mesprit LA
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Skuntank G PL
    1 Regice LA
    1 Unown Q MD

Trainers – 31
    4 Bebe’s Search
    4 Broken Time-Space
    4 Pokemon Collector
    3 Seeker
    3 TGI Poke Turn
    3 Pokemon Communication
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Copycat
    2 Warp Point
    2 Expert Belt
    1 Luxury Ball
    0-1 Palmer’s in lieu of some optional cut

Energy – 8
    8 Grass

Basic Strategy and Overview

Use your Uxies to set up as many Jumpluffs as you can as fast as possible, while using Mesprit LA's Psychic Bind to slow your opponent down. The strategy is very simple--just spam "mass attack" with jumpluff as often as you can, getting fast knockouts for high damage.

Skill Level

Basic--the deck is decent for all age divisions, but especially easy for Juniors to pick up because of its basic strategy (it won worlds in 2010 for Juniors)

Tournament History

City Championships 2010-2011: 1st North Texas - 2nd Seattle, WA - 3rd Spokane, WA

Battle Roads 2010-2011:

World Championships 2010: 1st (Juniors)
  2. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Tech Options

Coming soon...

Matchup Advice

Vs LuxChomp

Vs VileGar

Vs Gyarados

Vs DialgaChomp

Vs Sablelock

Vs Straight Machamp

Coming soon...
  4. Pkmmstrchado

Pkmmstrchado Member

Played this last saturday 01/08/10 Seattle City Championships

T4 vs Luxchomp Alex McNeil (oregon)

Game 1:
    I donked turn 1 seeker, Belt, Uxie, fill bench, BTS, Skuntank G, Crobat, and Mass attack for game.

Game 2:
    he donked my Azelf with ambipom G, belt, DCE, Game.

Game 3:
    We both get good starts. i start my Mesprit loop, 2 turns of seeker and Mesprit, controlling his bench, warp pointing and regi-moving everything. Mass attacking his actives. took my prize and got a seeker and just kept the lock going. good game.

T2 vs Gyarados Chris Brown (Oregon)

Game 1:
    Fail hand is fail. GG

Game 2: i go second

He has sableye he goes first. Impersonate Collector: Karp, Karp, Regice.
    i collector for hoppip, uxie, mesprit, bench. Candy to pluff uxie warp point, mass attack. i get a few prizes but i cant keep up with Gdos.

so i top 2 and attempted to defend WA. it was fun, im definitely going to keep this deck going :D
  5. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Nice dude! Thanks for sharing, I'll add that to the tournament history of the deck.
  6. Pkmmstrchado

Pkmmstrchado Member

so yeah i think that moment was worth the underground price. my first top 2 and most epic battle ive had EVER!
  7. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Awesome man, I'm really happy for you. :) 2nd at a Cities is great.
  8. Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff New Member

Jumpluff won a Cities here in North Texas. I lost to it in top 2 thanks to flipping tails on seven Fainting Spells. I'm only a tiny bit bitter about it. Haha. But yeah, Jumpluff is potent.
  9. kyle99

kyle99 New Member

I ran Jumpluff at cities for Masters @ Spokane, WA, and I got 3rd. The 1st place winner in Masters also ran Jumpluff. Surprised more people don't think it's that good, if you run it w/ Shaymin Lv. X, Sableye's, Cyrus's Conspiracy's, and Sunflora's, it's defiantly top-tier.
  10. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

7 tails? damn man... that's interesting that the deck has been making a showing as of late though.
  11. Pkmmstrchado

Pkmmstrchado Member

personally i think that shaymin would slow the deck down, sure it helps with match ups like gyarados but it seems to take up to many resources in my experience with it.

but good jorb on getting 3rd.
  12. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

The problem with Shaymin is that it is almost _always_ a Garchomp or Luxray target. While this has the beneficial side effect of forcing them to spend effort killing Shaymin over a Jumpluff, it's still so many resources just to create a target. Perhaps Shaymin LV.X+Twins in the deck? That way, you could find ways to protect yourself against anything but Bright Look.

Right now, I like Turbo Jumpluff the best.
  13. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

Do you guys think this is good enough to be Tier 2?
  14. Pkmmstrchado

Pkmmstrchado Member

I'd say yes if it's winning and top cut streak continues through states. Otherwise it's just rogue.
  15. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

Given its inclusion in Rogue-nomicon, you know my answer on this one lol.

@ Reichenberger: did Spitter use the same Jumpluff he used in College Station, or did he mix it up some? I remember that list not really being "turbo," but rather just a common build.
  16. Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff New Member

I don't know how he played it at College Station, but he played "TankPluff" at this particular tournament. However, the only difference is that, instead of 1 Regice and 1 Uxie Lv.X, he used a 1-1 Shaymin Lv.X line. The deck is, nonetheless, pretty damn speedy.
  17. dakotabeboys

dakotabeboys Active Member

Jumpluff is a deck that's really underestimated by players of all experience and skill levels. While it takes time to find a good list that is fast, consistent, good recovery and options for a wide array of match ups, when you do so, you have a very strong deck on your hands.

Note: I personally prefer it without Shaymin Lv.X for the reasons described above as well as a 2-2 (or at least 1-1) Sunflora line. Sunflora is a great way to swarm Jumpluffs onto the field without using up a ton of resources.
  18. Pkmmstrchado

Pkmmstrchado Member

ive thought of shaymin for a while, when i placed second at my cities here in seattle i couldnt stand the gyarados match up just not enough HP. so i think if you can work it shaymin would be a good play. if he doesnt get sniped that is.