UG Article Requests

Discussion in 'UG Article Talk' started by SixPrizes, May 16, 2012.

1. SixPrizes

SixPrizes The one and only!

If you have any topics requests for future Underground articles, please post them here. Thanks!
  2. killerpotatoe

killerpotatoe killerpotatoe

some sort of terrakion and other fightning decks article would be cool
    Newtonite likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam Noice bruv, innit.

4. killerpotatoe

killerpotatoe killerpotatoe

5. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Let's get some analysis and decklists for those energy trans clones that are going around winning events. I know it's Klinklang + EX pokemon, but i'd love to see various takes on it.
  6. Bleak

Bleak Glorious beacon of light

+1 for both of these from me!
  7. quack

quack Member

I think that it would be cool to see an article that explained if you needed certian cards in a deck or not, also explaining how to get the amounts right when a deck is being built. Like when people think that they need to cut back on something to fit in a tech, how could you be sure for certian that the choice you made would weigh out the cons of the decision through probability tables.
    tokyovampire likes this.
  8. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

While I don't directly answer any of these questions, I hope that today's article helps. :D
  9. pkfyre

pkfyre New Member

An empoleon in-depth look from here to Bw-on would be pretty cool.
  10. arcanyx

arcanyx The #1 Procrastinator

BW-on articles after Nats are over would be nice, come to think of it. Will greatly prepare us for the rotation.
    Adam likes this.
  11. JayHornung

JayHornung Active Member

Arcanyx: A lot of possibilities :)
  12. arcanyx

Definitely man. Just wanna get Nationals over with this weekend and then off to BW-on.

Just wanna say so far I've been really enjoying UG. Though it is a bit straining on the wallet at the moment (currency issues, oh well), its been worthwhile all this time. Hoping to do well at Nats to really have something to show from it.
    Crawdaunt likes this.
  13. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

So this thread is incredibly underused...

If I might look for an article for before Regionals, one on the interaction between Darkrai/Hydreigon and the various general Eelektrik builds would be a very interesting article.

ex:
    HyRai vs. standard ZekEels w/ electric attackers (Thundurus, Zekrom, Zekrom EX, maybe Raikou, Mewtwo, Tornadus EX?)
    HyRai vs. stEels w/ Registeel EX and associated attackers.
    HyRai vs. RaiEels w/ emphasis on Raikou EX's snipe and Max Potion
    HyRai vs. RayEels w/ Rayquazas (Rayquaza DRX, Rayquaza EX, other RayEels attackers?)

And as a discussion piece if the UG writer that felt like taking up this gargantuan task wanted to discuss something more on the fringe

HyRai vs. TerrakEels w/ Terrakion NVI tech (likely including Raikou EX, probably just a more standard list of attackers. Could use Prism and tech Shaymin EX but... meh)

I feel this would be an absolutely wonderful article for early October.
  14. JayHornung

JayHornung Active Member

Crawdaunt: How do people like this information presented

-From a players perspective?
    -General Overview ?
    -How the match "should play out" ?
  15. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

I was thinking a sort of UG article where the matchup between each variant has been tested, and then the unique aspects of the matchup are dissected from both sides. Because at the moment, the obvious BDIF's are Zeels and HyRai (it's just easier to type HyRai...). And yet it seems like we have a criminal lack of discussion on how these decks actually face off against each other. Possibly due to the fact that testing Eels vs. HyRai literally means testing 5-6 variants of Eels.

Admittedly I feel like doing it from a players perspective would be a lot of work, but probably more worthwhile.

Not to mention that HyRai does have multiple variants (though I think the general formula of Darkrai/Hydreigon/Mewtwo is now staple, often with Shaymin tech, sometimes with Sigilyph tech). But I feel like HyRai's ability to just deny prizes prevents too much discussion about the finite details about any different HyRai variants.
  16. arcanyx

I think even an in depth analysis of all the different Eelektrik variants would already demand a huge proportion of detail, so that would be quite a good start. Just my two cents. Would definitely enjoy a full match up between both BDIFs anyhow.
  17. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

Yeah, I say I'd love to see an article on all those matchups primarily because I'm more interested in how the BDIF's interact with each other (which is something I think is missing from the FP, UG and other sites). However it is a massive undertaking, and even just a couple articles on both sides would be useful.

Though I feel as though the interactions between each Eels and HyRai would probably devolve into a simpler discussion after the first couple decks, because general principles of the matchup remain consistent. It's more about what each list of attackers brings to the matchup in terms of utility and consistency (or inconsistency).

For instance, RayEels vs. HyRai means you have basic attackers that easily OHKO Hydreigons and can even OHKO Darkrais with proper setup. However the mixed energy lines of RayEels promotes some inconsistency which HyRai might be able to take advantage of. HyRai also can't simply respond with Dragonblasts from Hydreigon because it will quickly run out of energy, so HyRai's matchup against RayEels becomes very balanced (from my perspective). But I'd love to see other takes from experienced champs on the matter, and other similar matchups like the other eel variants. It's also difficult to try and look past the inconsistency of this format's supporter lines and remove background noise from the analysis of the matchup to get the meat of which side really has what edges.

That and the UG Staff are bosses and I wouldn't go anywhere else for reliable advice/information ;)
  18. arcanyx

I definitely agree. I think its spot on regarding the different Eel variants that the attacker list is the pivotal factor when taking into account the match up, along with the accompanying Items that they go with (Raikou EX with Max Potion, for instance). Maybe a possible article, if anyone wants to take up the reins, is to analyse the attackers of Eel decks themselves and its pros and cons. The same can be said for HyRai too, for techier versions at least. To conclude it, a section on how each attacker gives each respective deck an impact, whether positively or negatively, in the match up between each other.

Just shooting out ideas here, hoping to help a UG writer looking for a topic to write on. ;)
  19. Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt Active Member

So... Colin is the first boss. Which makes the "HyRai vs. the Field" type article more relevant.
    arcanyx likes this.
  20. Slowbro

Slowbro is excited for next season

This is kind of just for anyone writing UG or FP, but let me share an awesome idea for an article that I'd love to see. An article that kind of summarizes that big decks going into regionals (Darkrai/Hydreigon, Zeels, Rayeels, Ho-oh, and non Hydreigon Darkrai builds). It could give a brief summary of each, then (IMO the most important part of this article), it would really go deep into the matchups and how to approach them. Not so much theorymon, but more testing based results. (EX. against Zeels, you would try to target X, then go for Y after Z has happened) It could also give a concrete good or bad on what the matchup is. I'm talking percentages or actual numbers (like 70-30 or something like that), not just favorable or unfavorable. Am I making sense? If not, LMK, but I think this would be an awesome idea for an article.