Ended (Unofficial PlayTCG Tourney) DP-DV singleton

Discussion in 'Forum Games & Online Tournaments' started by Zarco, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Ok guys, I'm gonna be starting a tourney!

The format is Diamond+Pearl to the current Dragon Vault (all sets supported by PlayTCG, essentially) and it's a Singleton format. This means you can only have 1 copy of each card besides basic energies in your deck (this includes reprints, they're the same card), but you can play as many of a Pokemon as you want as long as you only play one of each. Lv X cards are counted separately, though (and this is just because I want them to be... it's more flexible). For example, you can play 4 different Gengars and Gengar Lv X as long as you don't play 2 Gengar SF.

So essentially, it's like 150 format except only PlayTCG supported cards, only 60 cards (PlayTCG supported), and Lv Xs are counted separately. My advice- look through cards and pick a Pokemon that either A. has a lot of good versions, or B. has a lot of similar versions with which to make a strategy. Big basics as always have some potential on their own.

Rules will be the pre-BW ones, regarding first turn rules. Use the ruling from the card's era for Trainer/Item stuff, and treat Abilities like Bodies and Powers; if it's a thing you have to activate, it's a Power and Body otherwise.

I came up with this format pretty randomly, I think it'll be fun and very open to playing what you want to. If you have any concerns/suggestions regarding the format, please let me know!

I just want to get a feel for who wants to play this before I start setting dates and such, and hopefully we can go beyond 8 players but we'll see.
    1. Me! (Zarco)
    2. Ziggmiceter
    3. lufan131
  2. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Meh, I'll play.
  3. lufan131

lufan131 Ed-ward? Big-bro-ther?

I will join, mainly because I already have a deck.
  4. I've been wanting to try this. In. BTW, we should have Boundaries Crossed be legal.
  5. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

I can do that, I guess. Might have to redo my deck =P