US Nationals 2013 July 4-7 Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by darkwings, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

It's in the state of Indiana.

That should answer all questions.
    darkwings likes this.
  2. superw8

superw8 Did you?

Thetopcut.net does not have permission to stream at US Nationals.
  3. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

What?! They did last year.
  4. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

Based on how Pokemon is doing the Top 2 at different times for each division, I'm guessing they're going to be either streaming it or broadcasting it a giant screen.
  5. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I'm 99% sure it wasn't streamed but they recorded matches, commentated and uploaded them.
  6. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

TheTopCut has already announced that they were not given permission to record or stream ANY match at the US Nationals.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  7. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

What about GSLive?
  8. Falco413

Falco413 Can see the ending.

Hmm, I wonder if there will be enough players for me to get championship points for second place?
    Ninja_Ave likes this.
  9. Serperior

Serperior Well-Known Member

I doubt it, usually only 3 players go to nats. (All divisions combined) /Sarcasm
  10. rafaelkatsuya

rafaelkatsuya Member

I asked to the support about the streaming, but maybe I only get and answer in one month... :S

I think I read something on Pokemon.com about streaming, but I cannot find it anymore. Maybe I misread.
  11. darkwings

darkwings Never give the monkey a gun

As far as I know, Nationals will not be streamed. However, that may change as details are released at the event.
  12. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Why wouldn't they stream or record the premier event, don't they want exposure? Who's not giving the permission?
    beboppokedad likes this.
  13. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Think about it. Who is the only group/whatever you want to call them that has the authority to not let them stream matches? It's because if there was good enough internet, people could watch the footage on their phones/laptops and get an edge for later rounds.
    beboppokedad likes this.
  14. TTSky

TTSky Jingle, Jingle

Okay, here's the deal with the streaming:

Last year at Nationals, The Top Cut RECORDED (not streamed) matches from Top 16 to Top 4. They had permission from Pokemon to do this, and after the tournament, they posted these, along with Top 8 interviews, on Youtube.

After this, Pokemon realized that they should be streaming, so they live-streamed Masters Finals at Worlds for both events. Sadly, the GameSpot commentators were completely ignorant of the game, and we got gems like "Trash Claw" and "Professor N". It's likely this happened because Pokemon decided at the last minute to bring in the GameSpot commentary. The stream was also buggy and would occasionally drop.

This year at Nationals, Pokemon is not allowing the Top Cut to record, but has said nothing about recording or streaming finals themselves. Due to the nature of the event schedule separating finals for all 3 divisions, unlike previous years, Pokemon likely is planning to either stream, broadcast, or record Finals for each division.
  15. MewtwoEX

MewtwoEX The Guy who Gets Sacked

Me, Jasper P. made top 64 in Seniors. Pulled Deoxys, Latios and Rock Guard from my packs.
  16. CynDa1

CynDa1 (slurp)

Me David T. Made top 8 in seniors.
  17. cryogonaltcg

cryogonaltcg US junior national champion (and supersack)

I Carson S am in the finals with Hayden P for juniors
  18. MewtwoEX

MewtwoEX The Guy who Gets Sacked

How did Hayden C., Koichi, Sam H. and Jaquar do?
    I lost in top 64 to Matthew from KS.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  19. Zarco

Zarco Alternate format enthusiast

Apparently there are 2 GothGors in Top 4.
  20. daGlaceon

daGlaceon Still Can't See

Is Plasma mirror and Goth mirror in top 4.
    Zarco likes this.