vilegar-need help

Discussion in 'UG Deck Garage' started by AndrewMenza, Dec 14, 2010.

1. AndrewMenza

AndrewMenza Member

Hello sixprizes staff!
    After my thread in deck discussion hasn't been posted on by someone that's not me for several weeks I thought I would go here. So here is me deck list
    Pokemon-27
    4 gastly sf
    1 haunter sf
    2 haunter tm
    3 gengar sf
    1 gengar lvl x ar
    2 psychic oddish la
    2 psychic gloom la
    2 vileplume ud
    4 spiritomb ar
    1 unown q md
    2 uxie la
    1 azelf la
    1 uxie lvl x la
    1 ditto
    T/S/S-27
    4 pokemon collector
    3 looker's investigation
    4 bebe's search
    3 copycat
    2 broken time space
    2 twins
    2 seeker
    energy-13
    6 psychic
    3 warp
    3 rescue
    1 rainbow
    this is the exact decklist that I used to go 4-1 at the cedar grove cc and beat Micheal Diaz and go 4-2 at the scotch plains cc. I'm thinking about cutting a rainbow for a palmers and a ditto despite my only losses being to the mirror. The reason for thinking about cutting a ditto is because all my vilegar matchups have run cursegar, gengar prime or both. IMO, ditto is only useful when playing against gengar sf. If this is not clear one vilegar I faced was normal but with a gengar prime tech. Micheal Diaz's one was a crazy build with 1 cursegar 1 gengar sf 1 gengar prime and 1 gengar lvl x. My next gengar matchup was against one with cursegar, another with gengar prime and the last against one with gengar prime
  2. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

It's really kind of amazing how big Gengar is up in the Jersey area. I can't think of any other meta where it's necessary to combat the mirror!

Reviewing all of the techs I suggested in the Vilegar article, I'd recommend a 1-1-1 Nidoqueen to give you an edge against this Cursegar mutation. Although any 1-1-1 line is vulnerable to Gengar Prime's Hurl into Darkness, if you can successfully get it out (more often than not you will versus mirror), then you gain a lot of control in mirror. It's also good versus non-Dialga SP, so its uses aren't constrained to just one matchup.

The first two cuts are really easy because you just made them: I would suggest that Palmer and Ditto go for it. However, the third cut is a hard one to make - Copycat #3 may be the easiest thing to see go.
  3. AndrewMenza

AndrewMenza Member

I think that palmers is needed so that if my gengar is knocked out by damage counters which stops rescue energy from working, to get it back. The reason I lost game 1 of my scotch plains cc is because all my haunters were in my discard and I ran no palmers. I also haven't been having trouble against the ones with cursegar; the ones with gengar prime I lost to. I could consider other cuts to put in nidoqueen to help stop my gengars from being knocked out by damage counters. The ditto I think I should remove, the copycat I would rather keep and the palmers I really want to stay.
  4. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

Hmmm, fair enough. And since you have the two Twins, it's fetchable.

I still think Queen would help iron out the mirror, though: it negates both Catastrophe and Cursed Droplets entirely. If you want to keep Palmer, though, you could cut one of the above suggested things in lieu of Queen, Uxie LV.X, or the third Rescue. Also, if you haven't yet, I'd change the Rainbow back to Psychic.
  5. AndrewMenza

AndrewMenza Member

I just want to say, I don't have a palmers in yet. I was going to change the rainbow to palmers
    and also what set should the nidoran female and nidorina be from
  6. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

Ah yeah, sorry about the oversight! I suppose that cut's viable, given the ability of both Palmer and Twins to counteract your lower-than-normal energy count.

Nidoran should be Rising Rivals due to its 60 HP, Nidorina can be either/or (attacking with nidorina is a desperate move, so I'd go with the one that deals more damage, which would be Rising Rivals).
  7. AndrewMenza

AndrewMenza Member

I went 0-2 and dropped at the cc i went to today. The nidoqueen didnt help me very much, but during league after it helped. I also took out a gengar sf for a gengar prime, helps alot to be able to put key cards into the lost zone.
  8. AndrewMenza

AndrewMenza Member

I'm not so sure if i need nidoqueen anymore because both David Shoyket and Michael Diaz have turned from the trainer lock side (vilegar) to the sp side, (luxchomp) making Michael Bryan the only major threat that I'm pretty sure plays vilegar