VileRat

Discussion in 'UG Deck Garage' started by blackout, Dec 29, 2010.

1. blackout

blackout Member

Hi,

Just another random deck i have come up with to get some advice from you guys to see what you think what improvements i can make

Pokemon (24)
    4-4 Raticate (Arceus)
    3-3 Weavile (UL)
    1 Chatot G
    1 Mesprit
    4 Smeargle
    1 Unown Q
    1 Azelf
    2 Uxie

T/S/S (28)
    4 Collector
    4 Bebe
    4 Seeker
    1 Palmer
    4 BTS
    1 Luxury ball
    2 Pokemon communication
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Junkarm
    4 Expert belt

Energy (8)
    4 Call
    4 Dark

I love Smeargle. I like how he uses the supporter from your opponent. Raticate is a card that i think is underused and complements him quite nicely. Not only does he use their supporter but he throws it away so they cannot use it. Weavile is there to wreck their hand and with Chatot G to wreck their topdecks it will hopefully allow Raticate time to get the belt and start hitting for 80. Basics like Mesprit are there to hopefully stop powers in case i can't stop their Uxies or any other powers. I am considering Sableye instead of Smeargle but he allows me to look at their hand and if i am lucky enough to go second it coud help me get a quicker Raticate.

Suggestions/thoughts....
  2. Kettler

Kettler Active Member

This is looking like a great build. I'm sure I can think up some more suggestions for this very awesome rogue, but one I'd definitely suggest is at least a couple Judge/Looker's. Sometimes your opponent's hand is so good, a loss becomes inevitable, and as a result, you need some way to shake things up. I think Looker's in particular would be good, since you get to keep your hand/follow up with a Weavile to permanently wreck the opponent's hand.

Also, have you tested this with PokeTurns and 1-2 Crobat? Just a thought, but it might be really good.
  3. blackout

blackout Member

Thanks for your advice. I tried the turns, lookers and 1 crobat and it worked quite well. It is awesome at disruption and really unsettling the opponent. It needs a mix of Sableye and Smeargle as starters and an Unown dark and swap a couple of dark for special dark, and it has great potential to win early. The 1 thing it needs the most is at least 1 warp point. I found that when testing against big hp decks like Gyarados and Steelix, if the get 1 up and i cant get rid of it, it makes winning almost impossible due to them constantly one shotting Raticate. Chatot G and poketurn is complete ownage against decks who cannot stop powers.