VirGen Plasma support #Needs revision

Discussion in 'Deck Help & Development' started by darkslayer, Aug 4, 2014.

1. darkslayer

darkslayer New Member

Alright so here's my list, It's slightly inconsistent due to the large amount of Pokemon, so I just need advice\deck list revision.

Here's the Strategy

Get Thundurus EX out, Genesect EX Deoxsy EX and or Eevee depending on the situation, I use Sklya as a utility at times to do so, Jirachi EX is also in here as added support just encase I need to pull out a Support card such as Lysandre, Skyla, Colress, etc.
    I run a low count of Deoxsy due to the fact he is more of a utility he is meant to counter energy multiplying Pokemon Like Mewtwo EX, Yveltal EX although you could technically use Thundurus EX as well. Jirachi EX is just draw support just incase i'm stuck and I need to get draw support or Lysandre. Virizion and Genesect and pretty self explanatory, they work in unison, Genesect EX is the core attacker, Deoxsy EX is also used as support at times to power up Team Plasma Pokemon mainly Genesect EX, Thundurus and Leafeon.
    Leafeon is meant to be a pyroar counter and manipulate its high energy, of course it will be ko'ed so I was considering Vaporeon or Glaceon and take out one of the Leafeon in place.

The strategy changes depending on the situation but the ultimate objective is to do heavy damage with Genesect EX's G-Booster, stay immune to status conditions, Poison your enemy, Manipulate Damage with leafeon. I think I covered enough. You could also 1 shot Mega's I suppose if you had a Deoxsy Benched with G-booster.

I would appreciate input/revision of the deck, I plan on using a version for extended as well as Standard, for standard I would like a way to fit in Pokemon Fan Club if Plausible for the standard version, the energy ratio feels a-bit fragmented but as of now it has been running the best this way. As for the regular version it doesn't matter to be honest. Prism will be a huge issue in standard so I will need to find something else to utilize, I suppose Rainbow is an option but I would rather not run them unless 100% necessary.

Thanks in advance

DarkSlayer

Pokemon Line Up - 14
    3 Genesect EX
    2 Virizion EX
    2 Thundurus EX
    2 Deoxsy EX
    2 Eevee
    2 Leafeon
    1 Jirachi #Support

Trainers - 33
    Draw Support \item Draw Support - 11
    4 Professor Juniper
    3 "N"
    2 Colress
    1 Random Receiver
    1 Bicycle

Regular Support-42 Shadow Triad
    1 Lysandre
    1 Skyla

Items \Tools-18
    1 G booster Ace-Spec
    4 Hypnotoxic Lasers
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Team Plasma Ball
    1 Level Ball
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Enhanced hammer
    1 Colress Machine
    2 Muscle Bands
    1 Switch
    2 Virbank City Gym

Energies-13

5 Grass
    4 Prism Energy
    3 Team Plasma Energy
    1 Rainbow Energy
  2. LinthDragon

LinthDragon Member

You might wanna run plasma glaceon/vaporeon to counter fire types instead of using leafeon. Leafeon is a good card but your screwed if you face a Mega Charizard deck haha
  3. darkslayer

darkslayer New Member

I was thinking that but Glaceon's attack cost is really high, vaporeon might be more plausible.