Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

No one is playing that card now a days don't be silly. Such a bad bad card that no one is playing.
  2. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Nobody in you're area maybe.

Relying on the use of G-booster definitely puts a strain on the engine some what, that's why they're is the open tech of virizion, before plasma blast I was testing this deck with bits of paper and used virizion as a tech, but realized something, w/o virizion active asap setting stuff up, this deck sucks.
  3. jeffrey3421

jeffrey3421 Swarm Wannabe

I think he was being sarcastic. Anyway, not getting a fast Virizion doesn't mean the deck sucks. You can easily get a T2 Megalo Cannon/G-Booster with 2 attachments and a Colress Machine. You would much prefer the Virizion, but it's not the end of the world if you don't get it.
  4. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

I know I was just having some fun.

You're right, it's not the end of the world to just run gensect, but it sucks overall just running genesect over virizion in the start of the game, mainly because relying on G-booster just becomes a pain after awhile.
  5. jeffrey3421

jeffrey3421 Swarm Wannabe

I'm not saying you shouldn't play Virizion, just that it isn't horrible to start Genesect.
  6. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

And lets not forget a card named Shadow Triad, which I recommend running 2-3 of.
  7. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Anyone looking for ideas, here's my current list I've been testing....

Pokemon - 12
    Virizion EX x 4
    Genesect EX x 3
    Tropius x 1
    Drifloon x 2 (DEX 50)
    Drifblim x 2 (1PLB - 1DEX)

Supporters - 13
    Juniper x 4
    N x 4
    Skyla x 3
    Shadow Triad x 2

Items - 21
    Catcher x 4
    Ultra Ball x 4
    Bicycle x 2
    Skyarrow x 3
    Colress Machine x 3
    Super Rod x 2
    Tool Scrapper x 2
    G-Booster x 1

Energy -14
    Grass x 10
    Plasma x 4

After testing this deck a lot against Plasma and Darkrai what I'm beginning to see is that the 170HP on both Genesect and Virizion really hurt this deck. I'm starting to feel like Mr.Mime is a must in this deck, because bench sniping punishes you. So I think I'll find a way to squeeze him in.

I really like playing this deck, but man it can be a drag sometimes. To me it's a fun deck, but there's no way I would feel confident taking this to any premier event, even after testing and fine tuning my list.
  8. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

List looks good, but I still like 2 Super Rod. Otherwise I burn through energy and run out at a critical moment, such as a mid-late game Emerald Slash.
  9. WuBMaYNE

You're right I have 2 Rods in my list currently but I was revising to add Scrapper. I'm going to cut a Bike and add the Rod back.
  10. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

I know this is a weird one, but how about running Abomasnow PLB in the deck as maybe a 2-2 line. If we are seeing a lot of people going overboard to counter this deck by including a Fire type tech like Victini EX or Moltres, Abomasnow counters that, but it runs on Grass energy. Also, it's second attack would make Abomasnow Confused because of Virizion's Ability. Just a thought, a way out there thought though.
  11. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

unfortunately if your opponent runs victini they will already have a 2-4 prize lead by the time abomasnow is powered up and it is a dead weight in other matches. Also there are better counters in pokemon like mewtwo lugia ex and bouffalant.
    JR_nathan likes this.
  12. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

WuBMaYNE No enhanced hammers with a drifblim version? You don't want to attack with the PLB balloon that often... Also, 2 SAB works fine for me...but I can see why 3 will clutch the stadium war.

I like 1 plasma ball in my build and only 3 catchers. You can always resort to manually attaching a plasma energy in a tight situation and it's helped/hasn't hurt me in anyway.

2 Skyla/1 Colress me thinks, not too many good draw supporters so adding 1 colress to help since everyone fills their benches usually helps to me. This deck shouldn't rune more than 1 colress though as you shouldn't be mis-benching.
  13. WuBMaYNE

The Drif's without the Hammers seem to be working great to me. It gives me just enough edge to keep the Plasma matchup even to favorable.

I also like 3 Skyarrow A LOT, because I never want to dedicate a Skyla to grab one. I'd rather just draw it and play it around turn 2. And I feel like Blastoise is a really tough matchup for this deck, so winning stadium wars against them could be huge.

I personally like 4 Ultra's, I could easily see where someone would throw in 1 Plasma, that's all just preference though.

I think I'm going to take your advice on cutting a Skyla. Originally everyone's thought is to grab G-Booster with Skyla, but this deck can be so slow sometimes and Skyla just bogs it down even more. I was even thinking about cutting Skyla out all together! Lol.
  14. Jovis

Jovis swagmabeam

First not-bad list I've seen though-out this entire forum tbh
  15. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

What's even the point of Deoxys in this deck? It doesn't really help out with any math. If you're using Megalo Cannon, it'll still two-shot every EX. If you're using G-Booster, well, you're just doing more damage than necessary.

Also, there's no need for a full 4 Switch. Maybe 1, just for that rare occasion, but with only 1 retreat cost on everything (providing you take out the Deoxys), Skyarrow Bridge will take care of everything.

Other than that, not too bad of a list.
  16. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

actually there are many options that he could change. first off because of Deoxys EX 4 switch is plenty the SAB is just redundant (I know I used to play both as well.) also with that space he could add a plasma badge and colress machine simply because if you run 4 skyla it's assumable that you want a turn one slash.

It's kinda rude to the other players to state your opinion before any facts.
  17. Jovis

Jovis swagmabeam

Dude

I'd rather hit for 110 with Megalo Cannon after hitting for 60 with Emerald Slash and take 2 prizes...

Rather than hit for 50 with Emerald Slash then... hit for 50 again with Emerald Slash? 100 with Megalo Cannon? G Booster for 200 and discard? What now? This is literally the point where everyone I know goes "this is a bad deck why am I even playing this?" :p

The rest of the list is quite... off but Deoxys is kinda important in this deck and I think people should seriously consider it.
    Alastair likes this.
  18. No, no, no. Just stop. What if you don't have Team Plasma Badge on Virizion? Then where is your Emerald Slash for 60+Megalo Cannon for 110? Isn't Emerald Slash for 50, then Megalo Cannon for 100 then Catcher/Red Signal Megalo Cannon for 100 and KO the thing with 150 on it accomplish the exact same thing?

Deoxys is b-a-d badbadbadbad.
  19. PP101

PP101 The Swarm for 3 seconds then accidentally left

Virizion isn't for the 50 damage... it's for the energy acceleration and Ability. And you can use Emerald Slash a couple times before attacking with Genesect; it helps you set up your field. And G-Booster, even with the discard, is amazing. I dare say, it's better than Black Ballista. Deoxys makes absolutely no sense in the deck, in my opinion.
    Vablakes likes this.
  20. HighShroomish

HighShroomish Wreck-It Ralts

Thing is, Black Ballista has Blastoise so it can just blow up -almost- anything it wants nearly any turn.