Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Turn 1, attach Grass Energy to Genesect.

Turn 2, attach Grass Energy to Genesect, Colress Machine, Attack.
    Vablakes and Alastair like this.
  2. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

And I agree to the Deoxys in the deck. Just one does hit magic numbers.

And you also need atcher and two more turns to accomplish the "Same Thing".[DOUBLEPOST=1377796495][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I know that you can also do that, I was commenting on the favorable Virision start that everyone is talking about.
  3. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Not everyone knows what they are talking about.
    Alastair likes this.
  4. WuBMaYNE

I know I was being a smart***.

But seriously I'm going to build this Plasma Badge Deoxys version you guys are talking about and test it. But it's like you guys don't care that everyone runs 4 Pokemon Catcher. And by adding Badges and Deoxys you lose room to add enough Switches to counter this. Darkrai will literally Catcher you every turn if they have to.
  5. What are the odds of starting with this in your hand:

Virizion-EX
    Genesect-EX
    Deoxys-EX
    Team Plasma Badge
    Colress Machine
    Grass

Not very high. If you could always start with that, I could see a single Deoxys. But after T1, Emerald Slash isn't that great. And then what does Deoxys allow you to do? 110 twice to overkill?
  6. baby_mario

You don't need that as your opening hand - all you need is some way to get it. That's a bit of a god start and I'm not saying it happens too often, but between search cards and draw Supporters the odds of getting it aren't as bad as you make out.[DOUBLEPOST=1377799271][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Skyarrow, no?
  7. WuBMaYNE

You'll still have to retreat for 1 Energy on Deoxys and that's something this deck can not afford to waste is an energy attachment.
    Vablakes likes this.
  8. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

I'm just going to stop caring about what you say from now on regarding Deoxys, becuase in Theorymon vs. actual testing, actual testing wins every time.

Also, I find it very hard to believe that a card, such as Deoxys, that adds damage to the attacks you do does not in any shape or form help you hit increased numbers which would not normally result in a KO, but now do.

Not to mention there are several people here (myself included) who may -or may not- have testing Deoxys and in doing so found it to be useful none the less. You are the only one so far to argue against this. I'm no mathematician, but in any type of disagreement with 1 person vs. several people the majority usually wins.

We, therefore, are the majority and unless you can find someone else who agrees with you and who we can accept as a legitimate authority on the deck, will no longer accept your views as reasonable being that you have no actual proof to support them with (by this I mean quit playing the theorymon game and give me as well as everyone else a legitimate reason(s) to believe you).
  9. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

I've been keeping an eye on the thread and I must say that Vablakes has been giving legitimate reasons as to why you shouldn't run Deoxys in VirGen. You're now just bashing him because he doesn't believe similarly to you and the others opinion. Personally I think Deoxys unnecessarily bogs the deck down. I agree with Vablakes that you won't always get the most ideal start for Deoxys to account for much in the long run. Yes I can see how it can help and I have found that it can help every once in a while but for the most part I am not sold on Deoxys' inclusion in the deck.
  10. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

honestly it depends on your opinion. there are reasons to choose either side. Personally I pick Deoxys because I have played 19 games with 2 Deoxys and 4/5 times it helps.
  11. JR_nathan

Oddly enough, the only factual information he gave regarding running Deoxys was theoymon:
    which is why I don't agree with him.

Another funny story, this all started when he bashed someone then I came to their defense and he bashed me. Now I'm bashing him.

Ah, the circle of Life arguments.
    Alastair likes this.
  12. My point exactly. I have played around 150 games with VirGen the past few months.

I did not deny the fact that it can, in fact be useful. I just stated that the cons far outweigh the pros.

So I'm apparently also PokemonPlayer101 now as well?

I'm not playing the theorymon game. You, sir, are the one theorymoning. If you had tested Deoxys, you would see my points.

Accept my views or not, I have my right to them. Just because you choose ignore them does not mean that they are wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1377807926][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You want facts? Here are a few.

You will be Catcher stalled. This will cause you to lose turns of attacking. Last time I checked, dealing 50 or 100 is better than being stuck in the active and doing nothing. You will start with Deoxys at some point, and it will slow you down a lot. TBH, the extra 10 damage isn't worth it. If you need extra damage, use G-Booster.
    GreenPepper and onlyinAMERICA like this.
  13. infernaperocks

unfortunately luck plays a part in testing as well as builds. You may have not had a good list as my testing says otherwise.
  14. JR_nathan

Quote me where I used theorymon to support my views on Deoxys.

Around +20 of those games involved a Deoxys teched variant and I found that it helped tremendously. These games were also played IRL with people at my league some which have attended Worlds and Nationals (not like this matters, but just so you don't think I played a group of scrubs) while I have also done +10 games on PlayTCG with the card for card copy of the real VirGen w/Deoxys deck. So I'd say +30 games with one deck gives me some form of an opinion here.

I don't mind your views when they don't insult. This isn't one of them:

15. Missed the part about the testing.

And were you Catcher stalled to no end?

Joke (Jok)

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.[DOUBLEPOST=1377808656][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Who was this in response to?
    onlyinAMERICA likes this.
  16. JR_nathan

The only time my opponent catcher stalled me was either when they needed to get a one turn stall or was in a tight situation. Further more, have you ever heard of Switch? Or Double Colorless Energy? Or Skyarrow Bridge and Grass Energy?

Also, an insult is still an insult whether you meant it as a joke or not. Kinda like if you were to post a comment about Aron Rogers being the worst QB in the NFL on a Packers fan site and then expecting everyone to ignore it because you assumed they knew you were joking.
  17. infernaperocks

You about your testing.
    No just play 4 switch instead of SAB
    JR_nathan likes this.
  18. My testing was against some pretty great lists. My list is fantastic so far, it is so consistent and I have experienced no matchups that were not 50-50 if they weren't in my favor.

Nonononononononono. It takes up so much more space in an already tight deck.

But you were still Catcher stalled which gave them the one turn they needed. G-Booster is there for a reaso, and that reason is so that you don't have to hit magic numbers.

DCE was bad in my testing, Switch was useless to me, but hey, I wasn't running Deoxys.

I'm guessing that we are running very different lists with different focuses. I can respect that. I was just stating my opinion.

I have no idea what any of this means.
    onlyinAMERICA and Serperior like this.
  19. baby_mario

Theorymon is fine. It's what we use to talk about cards and argue our case.

The 'I've tested more games than you and my list is better' stuff is just as banal, if not more so.

Just don't make it personal.
  20. JR_nathan

Just as much to post about sports on a pokemon website.

Let me put this way instead: Image you were to call out Pooka on one of his videos, posting a comment that he sucks. To you it may seem like a joke, and it may indeed be so, but even if you do specify that it is people will still give you hell for it.