Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

But majority of the arguments are about running 1 Deoxys. 60 + 60 doesn't = 130...
  2. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

i feel like laser makes the same math, laserbank megalo cannon OHKOs a kyurem, though it wouldnt be as good vs mirror, but i feel a good bouffalant count could fix that.
  3. TylerLindsey

TylerLindsey Road to DC.

After a fair amount of testing, this is where I'm currently at.

4 Virizion EX
    3 Genesect EX
    2 Bouffalant (DRX)
    1 Deoxys EX
    1 Mr. Mime
    _11

4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Bianca
    _13

2 Virbank City Gym
    1 G Booster
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    4 Pokemon Catcher
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Float Stone
    3 Potion
    1 Energy Search
    _23

9 Grass Energy
    4 Plasma Energy
    _13
  4. SoldiersSpirit

You have no colress machine and 4 Flost stone is way too much...

your deck is heavily outclassed by the mirror
  5. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Hypnotoxic Laser and Virbank would help out the deck's math tremendously, there's just one small, tiny problem with this. Once people see how good VirGen is with LaserBanks, they too will run it and soon there will be so many VirGen decks that they will face each other and automatically have 6 useless cards.

Then, someone will realize why not just take out the Lasers and Virbanks and put other stuff in for the mirror.

All the sudden, these type of VirGen builds will be seeing more and more play because they are more consistent and can beat out the Laser VirGens. From there, people will start to see how underwhelming VirGen really is, and the meta will shift once again to other tier 1 decks like TDK, Blastoise and mabye even other tiers like Garbodor and Darkrai making VirGen popularity minimal to none.

Next thing you know, the whole circle starts up again until a new set is released or Energy Switch gets reprinted.

This just a scenario of what might happen in the future, a scenario of which I dread happening, but will probably happen none the less.
    SamSoldier and yoyos like this.
  6. SoldiersSpirit

We more than likely will be getting energy switch ;)
  7. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Should be next set, and I stress should.
  8. JR_nathan

The problem with "next set" is that it's going to be 3 more months before we get it. That's 3 months of TDK and Laser VirGens/regualr VirGens with a little Garbodor on the side.

Also, I'm sure no one can yet confirm we're even getting E-Switch next set, since the set list hasn't been revealed.
  9. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

Energy switch wasn't in the Japanese EX Battle Boost. Maybe Spiritomb will be a problem cause you can't play G Booster
  10. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

It's in the Mewtwo vs Gensect decks that were released with Battle Boost.

I don't think Spiritomb is worth worrying about.
  11. TylerLindsey

TylerLindsey Road to DC.

I am not a fan of Colress Machine in this strategy; in my experience, dedicating your early turns towards Emerald Slashing is far more beneficial in the long run than a turn two Megalo Cannon or G Booster.

I definitely disagree with four retreat cards being too many, but if you were referring to Float Stone specifically, is there anything that is even a better fit? The deck doesn't need switch thanks to Verdant Wind, and Skyarrow Bridge competes in the Stadium slot with my Virbanks. Perhaps I am missing something.
  12. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

Guys please don't get my hopes up, I swear if we get energy switch I will quit school to play pokemon.

not really but I'd be so happy.

Imagine if they just make the grass starter Stage 2 move grass energy. I'm getting off-topic sorry sorry.

I've been doing pretty ok against plasma without Balloons but I want to play them now. I've actually been getting spanked and- I mean terribly by Trubbish a lot lately. I honestly don't think it's going to show up often, but It can turn 2 everything we throw at it. I'm terrified of that deck.

Silver Mirror on the Sigi and Masq kept making them hard to ko, and the exp shares kept the onslaught stable. I feel like I lost a lot simply just to not being able to attack first turn. I just couldn't get the colress, badge and grass often enough. I actually don't even like badge too much. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes I'm wishing desperately that it was another card (energy switch).
  13. Gelatin

Gelatin So soft and jiggly.

E-Switch is a card that a lot of decks are hurting for and is what's keeping me from playing my main man, Darkrai.

It'd be an easy 3-of in this deck, were I to build it.
  14. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

scrapper or laser to prevent energy transfer, once trubbish runs out of energy you win.
  15. GreenPepper

If you are really, really scared of Trubbish, play Chatot.
  16. thematteo0

thematteo0 The quintessentially British gentleman.

Be careful though with Chatot PLB because if they have a Silver Mirror attached to a non-EX Pokemon(which is basically every card in the deck) then Chatot can't actually discard the Tools attached to them, and seeing as most lists run four Silver Mirror, as long as they are clever they can prevent Chatot causing them a huge blow.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  17. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

You
    You can use catcher.
  18. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

or run 2 scrapper
  19. GreenPepper

Or Tool Scrapper
    Or Red Signal
  20. JR_nathan

Catcher won't affect whether or not Chatot's attack takes affect, because it applies to all your opponent's pokemon in play anyways. If you want Chatot to work, Scrapper their Silver Mirrors and then it will go through to those pokemon.