Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. InfinityMinusOne

InfinityMinusOne Has a tendency to exist

This^. And I haven't played/played against this deck much, but what is it's answer to Suicune/Terrakion/Mirrors? Just Tool Scrapper in a timely manner and use Tropius PLB to wipe their board clean?
  2. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Actually Tropuis PLB is your answer. You OHKO Suicune's if they get more than 2 energy on them, and Terrakion when it has 3. They, however, won't be able to OHKO Tropuis in any way possible, so when it does get KO'ed, just Super Rod him and his energy back and start the whole process again.
    Alastair and InfinityMinusOne like this.
  3. InfinityMinusOne

Not to mention he resists Terrakion as well. Thanks for the answer, I was wondering about that for a while.
  4. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

In all other matchups, though, Tropius is useless. You can use it as death fodder to make your opponent to take a 7th prize, maybe recover form a late game N, but I never use it unless necessary.
  5. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Not true, he puts Keldeo down pretty well too....

But I still agree with you.
  6. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

because your opponent will definitely use keldeo against a virgen. not like genesect one hits it. and keldeo would require 4 energy to OHKO. i highly doubt that situation would come up.
    Alastair and blazechomp1 like this.
  7. InfinityMinusOne

Keldeo actually only needs 3 energy, but yeah, it'd never be the one attacking in a VirGen matchup.
  8. OPsyduck

OPsyduck New Member

The only time i have trouble against VirGen is when they run Drifblim against my Plasma. Every other version of this deck, so far, i have no trouble to win( unless they got a crazy T1-T2 and i draw dead and even with that i still can win late game ).
  9. RJCarrot

Yeah wow, sorry I play Tropius in my deck as a Keldeo counter... over thought that one there. Forgot VirGen is a living breathing Keldeo counter.... ignore me.
    SamSoldier likes this.
  10. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

3 energy would do 160. 20+20 for each energy. i guess you could assume you used your first attack on a keldeo. but that might end up being a dangerous assumption.
  11. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

is it really worth playing tropius PLB?
  12. RJCarrot

Not in this deck. In my deck sure, but as I said I over thought it, totally forgetting that the deck was a grass deck... derp.
  13. GreenPepper

Without Tropius, you are forced to G Booster that random Suicune. Otherwise, it isn't very useful.
  14. JR_nathan

Actually, it is. Tropuis is your best not EX attacker and it's first attack is a very good one. Not to mention when we get E-Switch back, it will be the next best thing to Tropical Beach, though there are even some scenarios where Return surpasses Beach.
    yoyos and Alastair like this.
  15. RJCarrot

I guess, its just not stellar or anything.
  16. GreenPepper

Genesect>Tropius, but there are some (rare) times when Tropius is useful. It is always safe to bench one, because it gives yOu options and your opponent can't knock it out without having to take 7 prizes.
  17. RJCarrot

I was going to say something along this line but I really haven't been able to put together a build I like yet for this so I can't speak for whats "good"
  18. infernaperocks

i would play it except for 3 reasons.

1; my list uses the open space for deoxys and blends to improve the TDK and blastoise matchup.
    2; Deoxys is a better energy counter.
    3; I dont have energy switch so it takes to much to power it up in a turn.
  19. JR_nathan

I understand where you're coming from (after all I've seen your list), but for an average VirGen deck, Tropius should be at least a one-of.
  20. infernaperocks

that i can understand.