Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

You need Beach. What else are you going to do T1?
    yoyos likes this.
  2. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

Beach is bettter T1, but SAB is so much stronger later in the game, unless you run a teched out list.
  3. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

And so far, the only proven list for this deck is teched out.
  4. jonboy532

jonboy532 Is betting on a TDK deck with Muscle Band

I find that playing with Random Receiver, Colress Machine, Plasma Badge, and 4 Skyla is good, as it allows you to make T1 Emerald Slash.
    I test with 2 Skyarrow Bridge, and only 4-4 Genesect/Virizion line. It seems inconsistent but works strangely well.
  5. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Honestly, through more and more testing, I'm starting to consider dropping a Virizion. Only problem is that it lowers your chances of starting with it but that's not that bad since I've worked out multiple ways to go about the deck. 4 Genesect is ridiculous overkill.

Not to mention if a blastoise player techs in a Suicune which I've been seeing a lot of, then you autolose.
  6. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

honestly decks wont be solidified until regionals were we have much larger results and can say weather henry priors list was techy or will end up being a normal list.
  7. Drench

Drench Active Member

This deck is so good. Tech wise I've seen it all. Lugia/Deoxys, Deoxys, Bouffalant, Balloons. And they all work well.

To really give it an edge vs TDK. A few enhanced hammers are really nice. There is room. Tested it vs TDK plenty tonight, really forces TDKs hand and play.
    infernaperocks likes this.
  8. infernaperocks

yea I went against the best player at my league (who has competed in worlds several times) and beat his 3 week undefeated plasma with my VirGen deoxys really helped with the math against kyurem and the 60 emerald slash plus 110 megalo cannon for 170 on a thunderous.
  9. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

I'd just like to say after testing, 1 deoxysEX is killer, 4 float stone is a deck killer, plasma badge is worthless........, unconventional testing is really where it's at with this 2 card combo, 3/3, I don't like SAB but 1 beach is awesome, and tech, tech, tech.

Anyways back to testing, keep it frosty folks.
  10. SoldiersSpirit

You don't like SAB? You must be running plasma frigate huh -!-?
  11. Drench

Drench Active Member

Plasma Badge is really a weak card. If you don't get it T1 you never use it. Sorry, I mean hardly ever. It's almost as silly as First Ticket.
  12. infernaperocks

actually if you attach it turn one, at any time in the game you can play a colress machine and attach a grass. it always allows you to emerald slash.
  13. SoldiersSpirit

Once you get past turn 3, you don't want to be emerald slashing. If you do, your Virizion should already have energy on it...the opponent won't focus on knocking out a Virizion if they don't have to...
  14. Drench

Drench Active Member

Games I've played vs, if they don't get it T1 or 2, they basically just throw it to the side as it's typically too late to really gain anything from it. But yes you're right it's never bad to keep it around, doesn't hurt [except silver mirrors on defense]. It's definitely an overwhelming T1, it is worth the risk. But it's not phenomenal.
  15. infernaperocks

yes but once i go my first genesect or two it's always nice to have the option.

true but the gaol is even if you get it turn two is to power up as much as you can in the early game so that you don't need to worry about falling to 1HKOs
  16. SoldiersSpirit

Oh it's definitely nice to have the option to power up and alt attacker but what I'm saying is, the energy that was on virizion should always be there so team plasma badge and then colress machining onto it is moot.
  17. infernaperocks

right i mean the option of powering up in one turn is is just very good.
  18. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

As someone with a not so favorable matchup vs this, what kind of things as a VirGen player do you hate to see or have trouble dealing with? Cause short of Victini im lost.
  19. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

No Energy Switch.
  20. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Lol well I dont think I can do anything to my deck to make that worse lol