Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

After countless games, I haven't ran into too many problems vs all matchups. I hate to see suicune though, I'll tell you that much.
  2. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Why you no Tropius?
  3. SoldiersSpirit

Honestly, tropius is only useful vs suicune and keldeo. My deck can handle the Blastoise matchup single handedly without suicune. Technically my build handles suicune just fine also.

Suicune is just annoying is all lol.
  4. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Suicune is annoying but easily handled with a GBooster.
  5. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

Really, Latias/Sigilyph/Victini is the worst matchup for this deck... it just doesn't see play.
  6. SoldiersSpirit

You shouldn't be G-boosting a suicune lol. I don't with it like that...
  7. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

Yeah but hes annoying that makes sure hes good and dead!

How are you handling it then if you aren't running non EX's?
  8. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Really got to say that for, plasma badge: unless you plan on playing it with deoxys, or want to use it for the turn 1, it's dead weight that clogs up the engine for useful cards that get the deck going later down the road, when you need that key skyla or supporter, eff I'm stuck with plasma badge and no way of discarding it, and even if I want to it's not like I really want to get rid of it mid to late game (because I can use it for extra dmg off of deoxys) so all round plasma badge then just becomes a pain in the ass, and the same thing can be said about SAB (I hate playing this in a mirror match or against plasma, because they won't switch it out for another stadium), and even from testing 4 ultra ball and 4 juniper, losing those 5-6 sleeves for cards you cannot technically discard because you need them in you're hand for "tech options" because you don't want to waste cards like shadow triad realy just kicks the deck in the seat of it's pants. Then again over the past 3-4 days I've been more after play testing for synergy and consistent plays and teching for consistent plays overall, a.k.a. more over the virizion setup, using more megalo cannon and less G-booster for more board control.
  9. SoldiersSpirit

I never said I don't run non EX's, I just said I don't run tropius. I have a sanctioned tournament tomorrow that I will hopefully do well in and is supposed to be pretty big. I'll post a list and results then either way...
  10. xCREED

xCREED New Member

This deck has won 2 tournaments in Germany so far.
  11. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

That's good for Germany. Did you see any strange decks that had any effect on the deck, autoloss, etc?
  12. Drench

Drench Active Member

Yeah. Quad Victini.
  13. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

did anyone see even one Reshiboar deck play at all in any competitive match?
  14. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

Not likely.
  15. xCREED

xCREED New Member

We had one or 2 antimeta Flareon and Emboar decks, but I guess the Genesect players dodged them in the first rounds
    I played Quad Landorus with balloons and and faced two Genesects in Swiss (1 loss against the winner and 1 win (we decided to draw) against another Genesect).
    The meta was: Plasma, Darkrai(+ Garbodor), Genesect.

We had 3 Genesect, 4 Darkrais and 1 Landorus in Top 8.
  16. jordanlow

jordanlow Member

Do you know if he/they played balloons?
  17. shirokuma

shirokuma Member

how do you guys tackle the bk matchup? it seems pretty hard in my testing with them being able to ballista more often than you can g booster.
  18. jbcheshire

jbcheshire Member

What kind were the Darkrai decks? Was it run with Garby, or without? If without, what kind of techs did you see that seem to help them out?
  19. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Shirokuma@ fairly well, I just catcher kill blastoise asap, actually most of my testing is against BK (or what I like to call "terrible blastoise").
    infernaperocks likes this.
  20. SoldiersSpirit

Yea, you pretty much just go after the squirtles/Blastoise and it's an easy win really.