Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

djf123 I too am interested to see how much play LatiLock will see. I might play this deck for BR's, but am not too sure about some of the other matchups. Otherwise the list looks good... have you tried using Ghetsis in this deck? I've heard that it can be good in this and Garbodor decks... I don't have this deck so I want to ask someone who does have it.
  2. djf123

djf123 Basically Lance Armstrong..

Wrags23 It will definitely be interesting to see what shows up. I have not tested Ghetsis in this deck, but that is mostly because I am not that big of a fan of the card. It does provide decent disruption some of the time, but the times that it doesn't it is a wasted supporter. I really only think that Ghetsis is strong turn 1, passed that, it doesn't really have that much of an impact in my opinion.
  3. Wrags23

Wrags23 Feeling... rogue.

My thoughts exactly... I have just heard about other people using it to discard Tool Scrappers to keep G-Booster on the field.
  4. indercarnive

indercarnive Well-Known Member

shadow triad seems more consistent for me personally. besides i find my supporter line getting maxed from 4 n, 4 juniper, 3-4 skyla, and 2-3 triad.
  5. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Can someone remind me why everyone isn't running Frigate in this deck? It's so easily counterable by Fire pokemon.
  6. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

Because there aren't any non-craptastic Fire Pokemon?
  7. Ziggmiceter

ehhh. Heatran EX is pretty easily techable in Plasma.
  8. baby_mario

It's not exactly 'wow this really turns the match in my favour!' is it?
  9. Ziggmiceter

True, but it definitely feels like it helps the matchup. If this deck wins a bunch of BRs I would definitely play Heatran in Plasma.
  10. quack

quack Member

imo you don't even need virizion. instead you can always get the t2 g booster if you just don't run virizion cuz you are waising the first two turns charging up an attacker that shouldn't have energy on it in the first place. think about it:

t1: attach grass to genesect and colress machine
    t2: attach another grass and colress machine, then use g booster and take 2 prizes
    t3: attach a dce, gbooster for another 2 prizes
    t4: attach dce and gg no re
  11. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

And how do you intend to draw that every game?
  12. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

relying on that is not a good idea and extremely inconsistent.
  13. Ziggmiceter

It doesn't happen often at all, but it's better than:
    T1 Attach to Virizion, Beach or pass
    T2 Attach to Virizion, Emerald Slash
    T3 Attach to Genesect, Megalo Cannon/G Booster
  14. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

That happens way more often than doing it without Virizion. Also, you have no late game, and you become susceptible to HTL.
  15. ThatCJKid

ThatCJKid Active Member

I agree ultimately it would be better but just not likely. The deck does have a bit of a slow start. But once it gets momentum it seems to be pretty strong. I could be wrong though. I mostly just study this deck not test it.
  16. Ziggmiceter

You play 1-2 Virizion. Also, I found that a build more revolving around a T2 Genesect wins so many more games but it still has similar downfalls to the 4 Virizion one. They both really die lategame if there is one. With both versions I've found myself getting 2 Genesects max per game.
  17. Snorlax1234

Snorlax1234 Silver mirror is awesome!!!

T1 Attach to Virizion, Plasma badge, Coulress Machine, Emrald Slash
    T2 Attach to Genesect, Megalo Cannon/G-Booster
  18. Ziggmiceter

And how often is the T1 Virizion going to happen? The point I'm trying to make is that focusing more on T2 Genesect and dropping Virizion to 1 or 2 gives you a more consistent T2 Megalo Cannon. At this point, most decks outspeed the 4 Virizion version.
  19. baby_mario

I see this deck as being somewhat similar to the Darkrai/Night Spear thing.

A T2 G-Booster is possible, and great when it happens, but that is not going to be the story in a majority of games and neither is it necessary for this deck to win.

Of course the usual suspects will claim that 'it's not that hard' or that their list 'gets T2 90% of the time', but I've played the game long enough to know BS when I smell it.
  20. TDK will probably still have competition. Genesect/Virizion has a slightly favorable matchup against it, Blastoise is still extremely strong and Garbodor gains Silver Mirror which will give it a run for it's money. Will TDK be Tier 1? Yes. Dominant? Far from it.

This is probably the best way to describe it. I completely agree with this. You will not always get T2 G Booster, you won't always get T2 Megalo Cannon, you won't always get the T1 Emerald Slash. Is it nice to be able to? Yes. But Darkrai, like Genesect/Virizion, doesn't always get that and it sort of won Worlds. This deck's ability to come back from a losing situation is another thing that makes it so strong, like Darkrai.