Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Understandable bm but my point was dont argue that drifblim isnt good just because its wasted spaces, there are alternatives and both sides of the spectrum should be looked at rather than just 1 like majority of the arguments against it so far.

Lone drifloon start against say blastoise or darkrai shouldnt be mentioned because its a given that thats less than optimal.
  2. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I wasn't really commenting on the worth of Drifblim itself, just on the 'discard fodder' argument.

TBH, Virizion/Genesect needs something else to attack with, but nothing I've tried or heard of is completely satisfactory. Tropius is ok, but isn't really going to swing games for you. Bouffalant's attack cost is relatively high, as is Baby Genesect's. The Drifblims are low HP Stage 1's that are useless outside of specific mathcups. Lugia and Mewtwo aren't much help either.
    Ziggmiceter and JR_nathan like this.
  3. WuBMaYNE

WuBMaYNE You Need More Minerals

Right now I'm testing this lineup....

2 x Drifloon
    2 x Drifblim PLB
    4 x Virizion EX
    3 x Genesect EX
    1 x Mewtwo EX

And the energy line looks like this..

10 x Grass
    4 x Plasma
    1 x DCE

Right now I really only have a TDK deck to really test against until my friend brings his Darkrai over, but obviously this deck works well against TDK. The current meta in my area is VERY heavy TDK as well as Sigilyph's and Suicune's. Driblim's 70 attack is nothing to snarl at either, that's why I'm running a couple of DCE's to really counteract Safeguard decks when I need to. Drifblim goes toe to toe with them, and wins trade battles against Sigi. I've tested a bunch of matches against TDK and from what I've seen this list favors VirGen, ALOT. Now against other decks?....I'll have to get back to you on that, lol.

Edit: I cut my Drif count to 2-2, I realized it opened more space and I run 2 Super Rods so I could always recycle them if needed.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. blazechomp1

blazechomp1 Active Member

What I have been saying is not so much that Drifblim is bad, but that there are other, better, options for putting into those spaces.
  5. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

There's nothing THAT great though. It's not like Drifblim players are ignoring some awesome alt attacker.

It's just one of a number of mediocre choices.
  6. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

really everyone is just going in circles. as Baby_Mario said all choices are mediocre so you can choose by your meta.
  7. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

After testing Vicini, Thundurus seems like a decent tech, however I'm not certain because I don't like either, but since people are running deoxys possibly (then that way you could just toss is prism energy and use both thundurus and deoxys). Idk, just a thought for the additional attacker statements.
  8. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

That's why you use Baloons AND Mewtwo. :cool:
  9. RJCarrot

RJCarrot Poke Breeder Extrodinare.

This.

The VirGen Engine really only seems good when you start with Virizion EX. If you don't the deck pretty much faceplants.
    Alastair likes this.
  10. SoldiersSpirit

SoldiersSpirit I will defend my Kingdom.

Yea, because you've seen it live in action at tournaments where it matters right?

Not even going to argue against this stupid no virizion start and you autolose.
  11. RJCarrot

Didn't say you auto lose. Said you faceplant.

I have seen multiple builds in league and online. Yeah there are no tournaments available to go off of as of yet. I could say that as of any deck now. You could say reshiboar is bad too but I could just say. YOU HAVENT SEEN IT IN THIS FORMAT SO IT MUST NOT BE BAD LOLOLZ!!!1eleven

Don't argue it, fine.

Still doesn't make you right.
  12. GreenPepper

GreenPepper Badly addicted to League of Legends

You can still Ultra Ball for Virizion and attach T1. And, again, you can still get T2 Megalo Cannon/ G Booster without Virizion.
  13. RJCarrot

Can and can consistently are two different things. The deck is awkward without the Virizion EX start. But I welcome any and all players of this deck, its not a super scary matchup.
  14. infernaperocks

infernaperocks A Proud Member Of Team Rouge!

ok let me say this. how often do you ave turn 2 blstoise and black ballista? not all the time. many times its turn 3. if you G booster consistently turn 3 you still can be fine.
  15. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Is it possible to G Booster consistently? If you can, teach me your ways.
  16. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

D.C.E

I've tried it, but it still doesn't make as great a difference as Energy Switch would. However, it makes a difference none the less.
  17. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

I've tried DCE, it helps once or twice but isn't significant enough to say it lets you G Booster consistently.
    MetalArmedAngel likes this.
  18. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

That depends on what you mean by consistently using G-Booster.

If you are referring to 2 turns, then DCE easily accomplishes this better than if you meant +3 turns in a row.

Frankly, 2 turns is good enough for me as long as I take 4 prizes in doing so.
  19. Slowbro

Slowbro is excited for next season

Assuming you KO EX's, hit the DCE twice in a row, and don't get attacked.
  20. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

And assuming that the opp doesn't play scrapper