Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty cool wombo combo. Roserade does that without using a Supporter, though. I suppose Jirachi has the benefit of being a Basic.
  2. rustedspork

rustedspork Member

I've never tried it, but I can see the logic.

I've never used Jirachi in anything, actually.
  3. ThePirateKingAtomsk

ThePirateKingAtomsk Red Haze Stalker

People have been doing this for months though :/ I remember posting a list way back in November or something with Jirachi in it. I'm so mad people are just now playing this card. I've been putting Jirachi in everything possible since release lol

I at least assumed all the genesect players were already doing this.
  4. Professor_N

Genesect players haven't been doing this because Roserade does what that combo does but can also search Plasma Energy (or anything else for that matter).
  5. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

A lot of Genesect players have been playing Jirachi-EX. Back in Florida Cities, where Genesect decks were half the meta, I think a majority of them played Jirachi. Jirachi was being played way before Roserade caught on.
  6. rustedspork

rustedspork Member

Hipster Jirachi players. We've hit rock bottom.
  7. onlyinAMERICA

onlyinAMERICA ...because I'm Batman.

So I'm assuming those hipsters were indeed smelling what The Rock was cooking right?

I'm sorry... That was a really bad wrestling joke...

Back on topic though, I personally don't like Roserade all that much... Just feels redundant to me. I've been playing around with Electrode and Jirachi. I've been going back and forth between the two but I can't really grasp which one I like better. They both have their merits.. What do you all think?
  8. Professor_N

I like Roserade. I also like Electrode. The extra draw isn't much till you get hit by an N to 1 or 2.
  9. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

Hipster nothing. Just saying that Jirachi is a long-established play in Genesect.
  10. rustedspork

rustedspork Member

It was a joke, really.

But I don't think it's as "long established" as you claim. It's had a niche, but it's not a go-to for most lists.
  11. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

I got that it was a joke. ;)

My point is that it's proven itself as a strong play in that multiple good players have been having success with it since Cities. Just because it's not a go-to doesn't mean that it hasn't proven itself viable.
    onlyinAMERICA likes this.
  12. Elbow

Elbow Klinklang-arang

I see many people are now playing this deck with both raichu and roserade...how do these people fit both in?
    And do they have 2-2 lines of each or do they drop roserade to a 1-1 for space?
  13. Roguechomp

Roguechomp Active Member

I run 2-2 Raichu, 1-1 Rose, like it a lot.
  14. hfechhelm

hfechhelm The Swarm

What is the point of rose? Roguechomp, can I have a virgen Raichu roserade list?
  15. Elbow

Elbow Klinklang-arang

With roserade you can search for anything. Unlike jirachi ex, who has to search for skyla for any card, roserade can get a plasma energy or gbooster without using up a supporter and is level ball searchable. He alse can attack and isnt an EX.
  16. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Roserade is a Stage 1, though.
  17. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

So is Pyroar, and according to your status, you're running him in some deck. Eh, I'd like to keep a solely Basic line but the meta isn't allowing it anymore.
    Floral likes this.
  18. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Jirachi & Mr. Mime work in VG and you say the meta does not allow Jirachi to be run? I'm confused.
  19. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

1. Pyroar shuts down Basics, which is annoying for any deck running Basics, hence the good idea to run stage 1 lines.
    2. Where are you getting Jirachi from? I didn't even mention Jirachi.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  20. ZekromOHKO

ZekromOHKO New Member

I don't see how the line would work against pokemon such as suicune, sigilyph, and pyroar. Try making non-basic non-ex pokemon go in here just for protection, just in case