Tier 1 Virizion EX, Genesect EX

Discussion in 'Competitive Deck Discussion' started by Serperior, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Sunderaj

Sunderaj New Member

ok racking my brains trying to make virgen work in my meta.

Adding raichu to deal with yvetel but in testing I just kept loosing still. So I took out my lone deoxys to increase consistency. (I run 2 e hammers and deoxy which meant i nearly always win plasma match :genesect + muscle band + bench deoxy = dead kyurems)

So I now tested deoxyless against tdk and kept loosing.... So now im taking out the hammers and adding lasers which help allot but I have some issues?

1. should I run 2 escape rope or 2 s.a.b or virbank and escape rope?
    2. My current list has gone down to 1 energy switch and 1 colress machine. Is that normal?
    3. Should I just give up and play yvetel raichu or can this deck win a national tourny?

Any help appreciated
  2. Chaostamer

Chaostamer Active Member

Virizion/Genesect has been consistently making Top 8 at various National Championships this season, so I think it's plenty capable of winning one.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  3. pokemonguy

pokemonguy Making Bad Last-Minute Changes Since Nats 2014

Who doubted it? If I could play my Nats again I may have played it.
  4. Professor_N

Professor_N Well-Known Member

Sunderaj doubted it. He said "3. Should I just give up and play yvetel raichu or can this deck win a national tourny?"
    onlyinAMERICA likes this.
  5. Norava

Norava Member

Try adding Hypnotoxic Lasers to help you reach that magic 130. But, to be honest, if you're running VirGenChu, and unless you're also running Mr. Mime, you're not going to win vs. TDK once they get the ball rolling.
  6. PokemonGeek

PokemonGeek Derp, Derp, Derpity Derp

Lasers only works in VG if you take out SAB which isn't an ethical decision.
  7. Professor_N

I've been starting to play Lasers again and it really does help match ups like Empoleon/Miltank. You just have to pick what you want, free retreat or more damage options. I've been liking the more damage options.
  8. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

9. yoyos

yoyos delicious hot potatos

Imo, running a consistent laser bank w/o deoxys or muscle band to save me helped in sweeping against plasma and TDK, virizion, buffo, genesect, etc now the factor of running raichu to combat everything that runs against the deck is very worth while but just like darkrai I find there is tons of space to put in small consistent attackers that roll with the deck. I don't think its worth running more muscle band, Deoxys to force a play with genesect. I think it's much more worth while to play something that is and has been more consistent overall, If you found a consistent way to use deoxys from the bench every game and sweep in that matchup, kudos, but if you can't (which I find to be the norm), then play something that plays on the engine such as a solid laserbank amount.

Ethical answer to SAB and laserbank, wow, if an answer like that was for every deck we would all be world champions, peace.
  10. Sinoble

Sinoble New Member

There's a lot of Miltank/Empoleon in my meta and I have trouble beating it. Miltanks are ready to attack a lot faster than my Virizions and Genesects. What are the key plays to beat that kind of deck?
  11. PokemonGeek

Wow. Just wow.
  12. pokemonguy

Well he is right. You say a lot of nonsensical things.
    onlyinAMERICA and Gelato like this.
  13. PokemonGeek

Yea, I guess.
  14. CyrusTyler

CyrusTyler Skill Level: Average Plebian

SO, GETTING BACK ON TRACK. Instead of throwing in a hundred techs to make things easier against Pyroar, has anyone tried flat-out consistency with as little techs as possible? It's worked well for Darkrai in the past (Klaczynski, Worlds 2013), is it that different for VirGen?
  15. pokemonguy

Nope. I always play max consistency with VirGen.
  16. Professor_N

I don't play a single tech for Pyroar. I play Raichu, which is for Yveltal EX, it just happens to be able to damage Pyroar.
  17. ddbargardi

ddbargardi Active Member

Yeah. A Raichu line + G Booster should be able to take out 3 Pyroar.
  18. Professor_N

Especially since you have Super Rod. Once they take out a Raichu you can put it back in along with a Energy.
  19. Brochacho01

Brochacho01 Not even caring

Has anyone thought about running lysandre in the deck as a surprise card, because what if you can't attach a plamsa energy for that turn fro some various reason but you can use lysandre to take a game changing KO
  20. pokemonguy

Yup it works but the problem this deck has is your constantly needing combinations of cards and you can't afford to waste your supporter.