WEREWOLF II: Guardian Signs [TOWN WINS]

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Innocent_Shine, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Innocent_Shine

Innocent_Shine still aka Lynx

So we all saw this thread, right? Cabd ran a werewolf game, and now it's over. So that means it's time for a new game, innit? 16 roles this time guys, and alternates accepted. We're gonna be doing Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs on this, so do your homework before it starts. We're leaving the mainstream track here and entering side games. I'll be modding this one this time, so don't expect to see me participating. Likewise, cabd is in this one rather than running it.

Maybe we'll get the updates on time for the most part now. If you've never played a werewolf or mafia game before, you've got extra homework here, now don't you? Here's a direct and easy guide for newbies, if you want a place to start looking.

This post here, Cabd has offered that every surviving member of the winning side gets a free TCGO booster of your choice. Want to play TCGO but can't buy that many codes? Play TCGO and hoard packs? Looking for a couple cards from a set that you didn't buy from? This may be a fun chance for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Table Of Contents:

Day One Opening Post
    Day One Ending
    Day Two
    Day Two Mini-Ending
    Day Three
    Day Three Ending
    Day Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player Roster:
    Akane, Suicune Death during Night One
    cabd, Ukulele Pichu Death during Night Three
    [COLOR="FF000"]Tamoo, Edward[/COLOR] Death at End of Day Three
    galladeava, Ben Death during Night Two
    Vysekun, Raikou
    Teridax, Entei
    FlYgUy13, Mewtwo
    burn_or_be_burned, Garchomp
    Genguy, Hocus Death at end of Day Two
    ABSOLutely, Booker Hastings
    baby_mario, Summer
    thiagopepper, Red
    CaptainX24, Kasa
    lucarioAdventure1, Professor Hastings
    Jade, Arley Death at end of Day One
    Riskbreakers, Typhlosion

Alternates:

DEAD TOWNIES
    DEAD WOLVES
    DEAD ?????????
    Tamoo likes this.
  2. Akane

Akane Resident Lilligant fangirl

I'm on it, of course!

(thanks zack for telling me this was up)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
  3. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

Re: WEREWOLF II: Guardian Signs [Sign-ups open!]

Lets do this, I'm up for it :)
  4. galladeava

galladeava Disapproving Clown

Bring it on. *checks up on Guardian characters*
  5. Vysekun

Vysekun The Ninetales and the Grapes

/in

I'm going to tell you guys now that I will be setting my user account to invisible while I'm playing.
    Just to prevent metagaming like "I saw you looking at the thread, but you didn't answer my question! You must be Mafia!".
  6. Teridax

Teridax Mask of Strength

I'll join.

So, are wolves communicating through Hamachi or PMs?
  7. FlYgUy13

FlYgUy13 Member

I Guess ill play
  8. Re: WEREWOLF II: Guardian Signs [Sign-ups open!]

i think i'll just play and try not to get killed
  9. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

To those of you doing your homework, Serebii has the best info over bulbapedia this time.
  10. Genguy

Genguy Active Member

I'm in! I totally had fun with the last game.
  11. Innocent_Shine

Isn't the Gym's game having a problem with that, too? We're small enough that it should be less of a problem, I hope, but if anyone's paranoid, follow this suggestion. If I catch anyone attempting to cheat by watching others' profiles and activity, I'll mod-kill you...I dunno, second time? Depends on what happened.

I'm planning to have a Hamachi network set up for this.

You have no idea. Bulbapedia has like three lines about vital plot characters! Even the player characters have tiny articles. However, they still have more character information than Serebii. Serebii has much more information about the Pokemon though (hint: there aren't enough human characters to only have human roles).
  12. ABSOLutely

ABSOLutely Suddenly, pasta salad.

Can I please play?
    Because...
    I wanna be
    the very best
    like no one ever was
    To draw circles is my real test
    geometry is my goal.

This site needs a Mystery Dungeon version!
    I'll work on it and send it you and Cabd to get it approved.
    I mean, if that's okay....
  13. Teridax

Teridax Mask of Strength

That would be awesome IMO.
  14. Innocent_Shine

We did consider a Mystery Dungeon version, but I'm very pressed for time and I know Ranger better. But Mystery Dungeon leaves so much more open that it can't be rejected. (Also spin-off games are fun to have alongside the main games. Next theme: Pokemon Rumble.) I think Vysekun called the one after this, and then you go after that game? It's...maybe up to cabd. I don't know if he's the official dude or what.
  15. baby_mario

baby_mario Doesn't even care

I call Six Prizes Werewolf V: Battle & Get!

I know nothing whatsoever about the spin-off games (I did check Bulbapedia. Pokemon Pinchers? That's the least impressive evil team name ever).

Regardless of my ignorance, count me in please.
    ABSOLutely likes this.
  16. Vysekun

The reality is, is that people will make decisions based on outside influences anyway.

I don't want to go into details here because id rather save it for the game, but the only honourable thing you should expect from players is to not speak about the game anywhere with anyone (unless allowed).

Otherwise let people metagame. Basically if they can draw a conclusion based on something like activity at a certain time, let them. It will be town's loss when they read too far into something like that and a townie dies from a baseless appeal to emotion.

Also I will probably set up my game soon and will get it reviewed by somebody from another forum.

The theme will likely be 'The 2010-2011 Pokemon TCG Modified Format MD-CL'.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  17. Tamoo

Tamoo Probably the best in UK tbh

lool pokemon pinchers, I found that and kinda cringed. Good to see the list of people filling up quite quickly :)

Also pokemon roles? Sounds intersting. If so I'll call ninetales immediately :)
  18. thiagopepper

thiagopepper Whaaaaat?

Count me in!
    Also interested on those pokémon roles, this must be fun! :D
  19. Innocent_Shine

Cabd wanted me to do Pokemon Snap instead of this. I do know it better than Ranger, but...man one day I will make a dark and gritty Pokemon Snap werewolf game. (Bonus is that I'm only incapable of dark and gritty, or it takes me forever to attempt otherwise XD )

For the most part, I will allow it to be an under-the-radar thing. It's too hard to prove. But if someone directly comes out on the thread and says, "I see this person always looking at this other person's profile during the night phase, so I think they're masons," that's a little different. As long as you keep it quiet, I can't do anything. Just don't be cheap about it.
  20. Vysekun

Personally, I think it should be more Black and White than that, but it's not my game, so I'll do my best to abide by that.

I'm not about to ensnare somebody based on their activity at different times anyway. I tend to bully people when I play, but I don't hold IRL commitments etc against them.