Werewolf IX: Legend of Korra - SCUM WIN

Discussion in 'Mafia' started by Innocent_Shine, Mar 28, 2013.

1. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Read the backup seer role card carefully. It was weaker than a backup seer. If either of them died, the other could not use it. They both had to be alive AND not be role blocked.
  2. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

But ultimately the scum controls were the double vote goes. That makes the Town in MyLo have to quick lynch correctly in order to win. The scum can just get on and lynch who they please.
  3. cabd

For the 5th or 6th time. When town notes a double vote, the day before lylo becomes lylo. it is NOT the setup's fault that you failed to realize this.
  4. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Then it is simply an extremly power role. It causes the wolves to have to survive one less day.
  5. cabd

If you fail to lynch it, yes. You even got a scum result on him, yet you bought role re-director. Not the setup's fault.

Honestly anybody claiming reflecting roles or anything like that shouldn't be believed. It's almost as bad as claiming vengeful. It's just bad.
  6. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

The setup is fine.

Tracker
    Forscenic
    Seer
    Backup+Mason
    etc.
  7. cabd

To be quite honest, had this setup been pitched to me I would have rejected it for being too town favoring.

On the setup scale, (thanks KP for running the math while I'm at work) it is a 1.3

1 is even. Above 1 favors town, below 1 favors scum. I usually won't approve anything not in the range of .9 to 1.1
  8. Falco413

Falco413 Can see the ending.

Just noticed I was the last VT left! lol
  9. cabd

Yep. There was not as many VTs in this game as I prefer in setups, but once again, this wasn't my game. It just got dropped in my lap as the backup mod when the main mod became unable to continue it.

Hence the reason every game has a backup mod in the first place.
  10. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

So much to reply to, and then I see that Cabd has already replied for me... lol.

Camo, most of what got you lynched was you not being around to defend yourself. The improvement in your play was really just an excuse to vote you. I was planning on defending you pretty hard with a meta case as I didn't see your play in the first WW game you played in here as town as all that bad.

cabd, don't be so hard on Kirby, you know you would have fallen for my my claim hook-line and sinker. :D

@Kirby, considering that SS had a redirect in his role actually validated my claim more than I could have hoped. Anyway in terms of me being backed into a corner... I was pleasantly surprised at how well my idea worked. I was seered as scum, and my options were to lay down and die, claim miller (which was already taken :mad:) or come up with something creative (which I did).

What I was really struggling with was to either drive a mis-lynch and let Gaia and KP finish the game, or throw her under the bus and let me take the reigns with KP on a semi-validated claim. Obviously you know what I chose and the outcome was better than I had hoped. I wasn't really sure how long it would have lasted, but I figured it would at least buy us a couple days to find the priest.

Points to Consider: There was one big problem with my claim. The major one being that I screwed up on D1 and never got a second vote off. I was really worried someone was going to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that I was doing the second vote, but thankfully that never happened. Before my claim I wanted to use the double vote to frame someone into getting mis-lynched, however after my claim, I was very careful to try and make that second vote inconspicuous, and when someone mentioned that the vote was likely "attached" to someone I figured it was the perfect way to get attention off of who was responsible for the second vote as people viewed the ?? as being attached to a specific person. It seemed to have worked as that aspect of the game was lost on most.

Anyway, I enjoyed the game. Was pretty worried about losing by process of elimination there at the end and if I wouldn't have had the second vote, we probably would have lost. Town played well, we just got lucky. I think Gaia and Napoleon blame me for the botched events leading to his death, but would love to hear their opinions on how the game went down whenever they get a chance.

Thanks Cabd and I_S!
    Good Work Scum Team: Camo, KP, Gaia, & Nap.
  11. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

I barely bought it. It only took the rest of the Town not listening and Gaia's flip to change my mind.

Anyway I agree the setup tilted Town's favor, I am simply arguing the valuability of one role.
  12. ProHawk

ProHawk Active Member

Actually Kirby, I think what really convinced you was when you thought you caught me in a lie and then I proved you wrong, so you felt bad about getting it wrong and just believed me from then on until you ran out of people and seered me as wolf again. Yes? :)
  13. waynegg

waynegg Oceanian and good Party member!

cabd isn't playing someone's predisposition to trust you just capitalizing on vet rev which you have also denounced? I realize it'll be there for as long as there are new players trying to learn the game and when you're playing with experienced players with whom you've played many games. Im sefinitely not saying it in a derogatory way because anyone can get caught up in that trap. To learn from it and not make the same mistake in the next game should be the goal though, right?
  14. cabd

Yes, getting past it is the goal, but as new players come in, it's a constant process. Best way to teach that lesson is painfully. That's how KPiplup learned it from me, heh.
    waynegg likes this.
  15. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Actually Prohawk you are wrong. :p
  16. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Quit using me as your scapegoat -_-
  17. cabd

But but but you were such an easy mark
  18. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Are you reffering to Electebuzz or did I miss something else crucial? Of course, we were all sorta Cabd's puppets that game.
  19. cabd

But but but you were such an easy mark
  20. waynegg

waynegg Oceanian and good Party member!

Oh yeah. cabd had a ninja role too...