What is your favorite type of starter Pokémon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by StrongRhino, Dec 19, 2012.

?

What is your favorite type of starter Pokémon?

1. Fire

23.1%
  2. Grass

23.1%
  3. Water

53.8%
  1. StrongRhino

StrongRhino 6P fantasy football champ 2013!

The title says it all.
    I like Water, because my Top 2 and 3 of my Top 5 favorite starters are water. In the games I never liked fire's low HP, and Grass always seemed bland.
  2. sonicboom

sonicboom number 1# treecko fan

grass forever as i am a great fan of treecko and snivy and i kinda like torterra
  3. David

David Shiny Piplup wiZard

Piplup is water...

So is oshawott, hence why RD voted for water.
  4. Revanchist

Revanchist Rayquaza: The Ultimate in Pokemon Awesomeness

Other than Gen 1 starters (they all looked cool) and Treeko, Water is by far the best.

Mudkip>>Totodile>Squirtle>>Piplup and Oshawott
    nelsonsilvap likes this.
  5. nelsonsilvap

nelsonsilvap Member

Is there a thread about the stage2 of the starters?
  6. Innocent_Shine

Innocent_Shine still aka Lynx

Creating a thread for Basic and Stage 2 starters would most likely be spam and just clutter up the forum. I'd say keep it in here if it's about type, and in the other starter thread if it's about the gen (unless Bleak or sibon decide it needs its own thread, but we're already talking about different stages).

Anyways, Grass type is almost always the best pick even if their movesets can be a bit lacking. Torterra's the best thing (if you don't include Feraligatr), and Venusaur, and even Serperior. Meganium was disappointing and Sceptile was alright, but the other three are pretty awesome. Torterra doesn't care that it's 4x weak to Ice Beam, it still bites ghosts and Earthquakes everything that doesn't fly.

[​IMG]

(Picture by Chorocojo)
    Bleak likes this.
  7. Otaku

Otaku Well-Known Member

My favorite kind of starter are turtles, followed by pigs and then monkeys, with penguins worth an honorable mention.

I guess I favor Grass because green is my favorite color, but usually the Grass-Type Pokémon has the least appealing form... but other than Turtwig (because I am fond of turtles... especially the Teenage Mutant Ninja variety) I don't think I've ever actually chosen a Grass-Type as my initial starter. I am also not at the level where I will focus on "playability" over what I simply enjoy using.
  8. coolestman22

coolestman22 Now Has Techron

Water - Totodile (Cool), Squirtle (Cool), Oshawott (meh imo, I don't care what RD has to say), Mudkip (u leik?), and Piplup (Alright)
    Fire - Charmander (meh), Torchic (meh), Cyndaquil (meh), Tepig (meh), Chimchar (meh)
    Grass - Treecko (Cool), Snivy (Cool), Bulbasaur (Cool), Chikorita (meh), and Turtwig (meh).

Grass wins somehow.