Wild Blaze [JPN] // Flashfire [ENG]

Discussion in 'Pokemon TCG News & Gossip' started by Vablakes, Dec 12, 2013.

1. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

I started banging my head against the wall and screamed out "Finally!" when I saw the text for Shauna. Make me really playable Espeon and Umbreon cards and I might get brain damage.[DOUBLEPOST=1389816407][/DOUBLEPOST]Everybody, aren't the new cards in XY not Wild Blaze?
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. PellOfTheTundra

PellOfTheTundra Do you even LT-87

Hey, Plasma Umbreon is close... XD

But yeah, Shauna = thanks obama
  3. weewubbles

weewubbles New Member

I don't see anything wrong with Fairy Garden, it's like our Fairy Darkrai. It'll work great in DX-AromaPuff (Dual Xerneas w/Aromotisse and Slurpuff)
  4. PellOfTheTundra

I say boo as a Darkrai player. Go away, Fairies.
  5. weewubbles

weewubbles New Member

So your saying Fairies are bad, just because you play Darkrai. Not always, but with the resistance to Dark that the fairies have, to be honest, DXAP is going to overwhelm any type of Darkrai Deck.
  6. PellOfTheTundra

No, that's absolutely NOT what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that I dislike Fairies so far (X-EX sucks), and this isn't exactly the support they need.
    Also, gl when Yveltal on DCC (not hard at all) KOs you when you get the energy needed to attack, Red Cards you to oblivion, and hits consistently heavy on what is essentially 2 energy. I've tested this for a few weeks now. The matchup isn't as onesided as you seem to think, especially when we run Bouffalant.
  7. weewubbles

weewubbles New Member

Do not Disturb the power of Xerneas EX. All-in-all, it's not a bad card. It may take a lot of energy to attack, but it can hit for a good amount of damage, has great supporting cards, and to be able to hit 140 each turn (Rush In Retreat Keldeo) isn't bad at all.
  8. PellOfTheTundra

140 isn't good either. To OHKO things, you need Laserbank. Guess what you can't have in play to use Fairy Garden? Virbank. That's what I'm getting at with the "not the support they need" thing.

140 is not exactly a good number to hit for, even with Xerneas's 1st attack, and to be honest I'd rather run Blastoise or Rayboar, who can both OHKO everything starting T2, over a Pokémon that can't really do much of anything except barely miss KOs.

By the way, we're off-topic-ish, those cards aren't in Wild Blaze.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  9. public_toilet

public_toilet Seriously Likeable here guys, Just sayin.

Aromatisse will only use Xerneas EX as a 2 of. The fairy garden/Aromatiss/Kedleo combo helps stream X blasts. The 30 snipe may also be useful against 170 hp stuff (Yveltal) if you're opponent doesn't run Mime.

Xerneas isn't very though 140 for 4 isn't that great. Muscle Band doesn't help it by going to 160. Break Though definitely isn't very good because 90/30 is apparently not that good either. Xerneas does have the ability to use DCE to ehelp power it up but you probably won't run DCE anyway in an Aromatisse/ Xerneas/ techs deck because of the deck's energy acceleration with normal Xerneas so it will still be the same cost as Darkrai.
  10. JR_nathan

JR_nathan Mr.3 Rings Himself

I don't see what the problem is here.

Fairies, as they stand now, will never overwhelm Darkrai, let alone have a good matchup against it.
  11. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Looking forward to people with mindsets like this at States.
  12. PellOfTheTundra

I'm not saying that, but what I AM saying is that Fairybox is not going to "overwhelm" a correctly built Yveltal list. Bouffalant as well as Yveltal himself will be sure of that.
  13. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

OHKOs are not all there is in the game, you know. Most of the time the person needs laser/bank to get the KO, and sometimes it doesn't even matter considering the space those cards take up. 2HKOs are going to be better. There are far more cards that get 2HKOs, Reshiram, Reshiran EX, Xerneas EX, All the OHKO makers, Genesect EX (Without G-Booster), G-Scope, Darkrai, Hydreigon, Mewtwo's Psydrive, etc.

And Black Kyurem is not going to OHKO everything starting X/Y.
  14. MetalArmedAngel

MetalArmedAngel My lovely Luka ♥♥

It's gonna ohko everything important and everything that is actually playable
    Otaku likes this.
  15. Alastair

Alastair Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop

But what is it going to do when it gets KOed? OHKOs don't solve everything, that's all I'm saying.
  16. PellOfTheTundra

They'll set up another using Deluge...?

OHKOs are going to be more common coming into XY. Lugia can now OHKO (starting T1), Yveltal can OHKO depending on how much energy your opponent has.

Also, no one is going to friggin play Megas, at least not now. They both suck badly.
    Otaku likes this.
  17. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

Fairies should be good. Xerneas should be good. It has a snipe attack that does 30 for you, and hits for 140/160 with muscle band. Being able to ohko any non-ex is really strong still.
  18. Tsunami

Tsunami Seems legit.

About the fairy math, darkrai needs:
    90 + 20 (Claw) + 30 (Pre-Snipe) +30 (Laserbank)
    to 1HKO an ex

Xerneas needs:
    140 + 20 (Muscle Band) + 10 (Hypnotoxic/Pluspower)

In addition, when 2 top tier decks can't be poisoned, laserbank is hard for darkrai to use.

Not saying one is better, but IMO darkrai's math is harder to get than xerneas.
  19. PellOfTheTundra

Xerneas SHOULD be good, but he more than likely won't be unless we get major changes. He can't hit T1 (even going second), he can't OHKO EXes, and he doesn't really have many means of disruption.

Yveltal's math is better. I've done it in prior threads, showing how stupidly overpowered Yveltal is, but essentially, if you run attackers that require over 2 energy, prepare thine anus. If you can't attack T1, you're gonna have a bad time as well.
  20. Charranitar

Charranitar Well-Known Member

You don't want to really attack with Cerneas EX too much early. You want to attack with the non-EX Xerneas the first few turns to build up energy on your field and give you options.
    Alastair likes this.