Worlds Travel Plans

Discussion in 'Organized Play Information & Tournament Reports' started by Adam, Jun 3, 2013.

1. koji

koji last name ever, first name greatest

whats the players meeting? i saw it on the pokemon website.
  2. blargh257

blargh257 Is now Dedede.

You sit down in alphabetical order after the opening ceremony and hand your lists in while listening to the head judge talk about rules.
    For the LCQ it is the same thing, except it's on Friday, so the ceremony hasn't taken place yet.
  3. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Have you ever been to a States or larger event? They should have Players Meetings at all of those. But what Blargh said.
  4. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

Only events I've ever had a Players Meeting where we sat according to rosters was Nats/Worlds. Anything at States/Reg wasn't formally a "Players Meeting".
    TTSky likes this.
  5. Ziggmiceter

Ziggmiceter Ultimate 6P tournament procrastinator

Really? We had Players Meetings at California States and NorCal regs.
  6. cabd

cabd Taking over for Tamoo as the girly looking mod.

Yep. It's pretty darn common in anything bigger than cities here in cali.
  7. KPiplup

KPiplup An Imposter

We have informal "yeah don't screw up RR/here's Top Cut #'s" but that's just pre-R1.
  8. Kirbyswag

Kirbyswag Pie

Is anyone else staying at the coast coal harbor hotel?
  9. Luichi

Luichi New Member

Just dropped $1899 on flights.. And another $600ish for a weeks worth of accommodation at a hostel. Can't afford a hotel lol
  10. lucarioAdventure1

lucarioAdventure1 i swear on me mum

Where the heck do you live? I've seen hostels online that were £100 (around $120 or so) for 5 nights...
  11. Luichi

Luichi New Member

Flying from New Zealand. Ended up booking a private double room at the international hostel. The ones that I saw that were $40> per person per night looked pretty run down. And the reviews said there were heaps of homeless and prostitutes outside. So I thought it was safer to pick somewhere closer to the venue for a higher price.